Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8281  
Old 08-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
<------ CLAIM! ^_^
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Dear lord how did I end up with a boyfriend who likes..the country..more than the city!?
What..why..when?? He just dropped this bombshell like what?! He is all wants to have land and tire swings and a porch and stars

... stars.
as in he wants to live THAT FAR AWAY from civilization.

I could faint.
I think living more than a few blocks from downtown is isolation!!

and the worst, scariest part is... for him, I would consider it.

I'm in trouble.
Ugh.
You say that like its a bad thing ... I live in TEXAS, second biggest state in the United States, for us an hour is a short drive xD.

My folks ranch sounds like his kind of pace ... Even my phone's GPS can't pinpoint me when I'm there .............. And I love it.

Eventually you will love it too, once you go country you will never go back.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #8282  
Old 08-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Brattina88 Brattina88 is offline
treehugging clicker freak
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: OH
Posts: 12,812
Default

The last day of my summer program was yesterday, and it was a big day. Big week, actually... Lots of 2am nights because I was working on getting my movie and everything done. I'm really depressed about it being over, but it was amazing.

So, yesterday we walked to a pizza place, then to the pool and swam like crazy, then back to the center. Then I had to stay late to set up for our program, which was from 6:30-8:00, so I never went home... then I spent over an hour cleaning up. Afterwards I was starving because I hadn't ate dinner, and by that time I could hardly walk.

See, I rolled my ankle on the way to the pool. But there was no stopping, no way, so I didn't say anything until right before the program started I said something to my co-teacher after I changed into my dress clothes... because my foot had swollen in my tennis shoe so when I put on my flip flops it was like RELIEF and PAIN at the same time She wanted to ice it or wrap it but there was a late kid, and then the families started showing up over a half hour early. plus I didnt want to look like a doof

Today? So. Much. Pain. and... Maddie is being SUCH A PITA!!!! Someone please come get her
__________________

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Reply With Quote
  #8283  
Old 08-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Zoom's Avatar
Zoom Zoom is offline
Twin 2.0
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 40,737
Default

I've been thoroughly upset with my bf the last few days over a number of reasons I shall not go into right now. However, I was starting to feel more inclined to start at least talking to him again tonight. Then I got home to find the dogs had gotten into the trash, then gotten sick on the floor. I cleaned that up and reached into the fridge for my beer, some special seasonal stuff I can only get when I head back to KC. Only it's gone. He drank it. Out of the entire 6 pack I bought, of MY favorite beer, I had ONE.

Then he calls to ask if I can come pick him up from work and I say I'm still cleaning the floors because of the trash raiding.

"Oh yeah," comes his reply, "I left chicken bones in there. My bad."



I'm sure it was Marley who poached and ate and has the constitution of a goat, but I can't be 100% sure and it's been hours since it happened.
Reply With Quote
  #8284  
Old 08-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Zoom's Avatar
Zoom Zoom is offline
Twin 2.0
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 40,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Dear lord how did I end up with a boyfriend who likes..the country..more than the city!?
What..why..when?? He just dropped this bombshell like what?! He is all wants to have land and tire swings and a porch and stars

... stars.
as in he wants to live THAT FAR AWAY from civilization.

I could faint.
I think living more than a few blocks from downtown is isolation!!

and the worst, scariest part is... for him, I would consider it.

I'm in trouble.
Ugh.

We can switch? I'm DYING to get back out into the country. My bf is super-glued to the city.
Reply With Quote
  #8285  
Old 08-24-2013, 10:24 PM
PlottMom's Avatar
PlottMom PlottMom is offline
The Littlest Hound
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Dear lord how did I end up with a boyfriend who likes..the country..more than the city!?
What..why..when?? He just dropped this bombshell like what?! He is all wants to have land and tire swings and a porch and stars

... stars.
as in he wants to live THAT FAR AWAY from civilization.

I could faint.
I think living more than a few blocks from downtown is isolation!!

and the worst, scariest part is... for him, I would consider it.

I'm in trouble.
Ugh.
You'd be amazed at how much you might like it. I was a city girl until my ex, and sometimes i miss it enough it hurts (especially when I watch Amish mafia or sparks posts about somewhere I've been haha) - we're just on the edge of a big recreational area/lake here, with some ranches down the road that make me feel better... but honestly the idea of the country gave me hives once upon a time lol
__________________
Katie

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Reply With Quote
  #8286  
Old 08-24-2013, 10:30 PM
Southpaw's Avatar
Southpaw Southpaw is offline
orange iguanas.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,105
Default

This morning my mother wakes me up: "Wake up, something's wrong with Juno."

She offers no explanation, so naturally I fly out of bed. Is she collapsed in the yard? Did she not eat breakfast? Is she completely lethargic? What could possibly be going on that it needs my attention asap.

I get upstairs and she's outside standing at the door waiting to be let in. Okay. I let her in. She greets me as enthusiastically as always. ".....What's wrong?"

Apparently she had been outside for "3 hours" eating grass. She hadn't even had breakfast yet because the first thing she did when she woke up was ask to go outside. She was stretching a lot and licking her lips.

Sigh. She's just nauseous. I'm going back to bed.

I don't appreciate being woken up like that and led to believe that my dog is gravely ill lol.
__________________
And if all of it is for naught, well at least I took a shot

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Reply With Quote
  #8287  
Old 08-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
<------ CLAIM! ^_^
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
I've been thoroughly upset with my bf the last few days over a number of reasons I shall not go into right now. However, I was starting to feel more inclined to start at least talking to him again tonight. Then I got home to find the dogs had gotten into the trash, then gotten sick on the floor. I cleaned that up and reached into the fridge for my beer, some special seasonal stuff I can only get when I head back to KC. Only it's gone. He drank it. Out of the entire 6 pack I bought, of MY favorite beer, I had ONE.

Then he calls to ask if I can come pick him up from work and I say I'm still cleaning the floors because of the trash raiding.

"Oh yeah," comes his reply, "I left chicken bones in there. My bad."



I'm sure it was Marley who poached and ate and has the constitution of a goat, but I can't be 100% sure and it's been hours since it happened.
Yes if this was my bf we would be having a come to Jesus talk ... Right. Nao. I admire your patience, because I don't have that much.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #8288  
Old 08-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Grab's Avatar
Grab Grab is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post

Eventually you will love it too, once you go country you will never go back.
Not necessarily true. I spent a small amount of my time as a teen out in a rural area. hated it. Would still hate it. I currently live in town but in a neighborhood that is on the side of town where there is nothing in the way of restaurants and stores. It's my biggest source of irritation.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8289  
Old 08-24-2013, 11:55 PM
Airn's Avatar
Airn Airn is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bentonville, AR
Posts: 985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
Not necessarily true. I spent a small amount of my time as a teen out in a rural area. hated it. Would still hate it. I currently live in town but in a neighborhood that is on the side of town where there is nothing in the way of restaurants and stores. It's my biggest source of irritation.
Agreed. I'm from a town of less than 800 people. I have no idea why you would want to stay there. I got out as soon as possible. I like the suburbs. Being right outside of town, but close enough to get whatever you want. Hell, I get annoyed when things close at 9 pm here. I think I would prosper in a big city.
__________________

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #8290  
Old 08-25-2013, 01:01 AM
SpringerLover's Avatar
SpringerLover SpringerLover is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B-ville
Posts: 3,183
Default

I only wish my boyfriend was receptive to living in the country. Even the suburbs would appease me!

I am a country girl through and through. I lived in a big city with houses on postage stamp yards for a year. Now I live in an apartment... but there's trees, and ponds, and walking, and yards! I like this a whole lot better!
__________________
Megan and the Aroha English Springer Spaniels
To Infinity and Beyond! ARCH URO1 UCD Buzz NAC NCC S-NJC O-TN-N TG-N WV-N RL2 RLVX RN ThD CGC 5/4/1998-5/20/2014
The Hallway Monitor Bailey VCD1 RE NAC NCC TN-N CGC 14 years
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site