Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-23-2013, 10:01 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
There's a really creepy guy in my store right and he won't leave... I hate working alone sometimes.
Ugh I'm sorry . That is the worst. Is it legal to work alone?

I remember when I worked at Timmies on te night shift. The woman who was currently working the night shift worked alone and then health and safety said NO people can not work alone. So I joined night shift. Made sense... I mean what if she fell and cracked her head or something

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post

I remember when I worked at Timmies on te night shift. The woman who was currently working the night shift worked alone and then health and safety said NO people can not work alone. So I joined night shift. Made sense... I mean what if she fell and cracked her head or something
In Ontario? OHS has no laws about working alone at night in Ontario...

I only know because I work alone at night, and had to look that crap up.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post

I'm pretty sure it's legal as long as I'm over 18. I like working alone for the most part, just not when it's late and is getting dark out. Then it gets a little freaky sometimes.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 08-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's legal as long as I'm over 18. I like working alone for the most part, just not when it's late and is getting dark out. Then it gets a little freaky sometimes.
Can you call someone on the office phone and keep them on speaker? That's what I do when I'm alone at work and someone shady walks in...

I like to think the idea of having someone else listening in who knows where you are and can hear them/call the cops if they try anything would deter some.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:39 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
What kind of work do you do?

Here most stores, ESP gas stations & ice houses have policies (not every one of them does this so I'm not sure if its an "official" law or not) where two ppl are required to work the graveyard shifts.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
What kind of work do you do?

Here most stores, ESP gas stations & ice houses have policies (not every one of them does this so I'm not sure if its an "official" law or not) where two ppl are required to work the graveyard shifts.
I work at a pet supply store. It's only open until 9pm so it's not really graveyard but it gets dark earlier here, in the winter here it's dark already at 4-5pm.

I'm also kind of a chicken...

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 08-23-2013, 11:04 PM
Vizsla mom

I always worked alone in the convenience store ..it was until 10PM but sometimes people would walk in off the ferrry& just give off the major creeps.

Funny stories from the store:
1. A woman came in& robbed me with a hypodermic needle.
2. A guy came across on the ferry& was just chilling in the store. All of sudden, he confessed that he was wanted for murder& he was tired of running. Called cops, locked in with confessed murderer.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
I'm also kind of a chicken...
The smoke detector was going off here. I'm in the house alone. I was certain that somebody had broken into the house, and was setting off the smoke detector to get me into the dark hall and murder me. Definitely sent Finn ahead of me.

Yah, I'm totally a chicken.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-24-2013, 03:36 AM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I have awful periods.. they are more than just an inconvenience, they are enough to interfere with school/work/life. Especially when it came to school, I can't afford to be missing classes every month over it. (not to mention the PMS before I would even get my period..)

...also..I am 21 years old with a boyfriend, we are both fresh out of college with life goals and career/academic plans that DO NOT include pregnancy. The supposed risk from taking birth control back to back far outweighs the risk of..you know.. a baby lol
I trust my doctors more-so than anything else... and according to them the "5 day sugar pill" period on the pill aren't necessary or worth the trouble.

Just saying.. on the other side of the coin. Skipping the whole period thing altogether is a no-brainer for me.

While the idea of "letting my body do it's thing" and keeping it natural is lovely.. and got me off the pill in the first place a few years ago.
For me, it just wasn't worth writhing around in agony every 28 days for a week and missing school and just pausing life over it.
I totally wish I could just not have a period for like 6 months. I can skip once, but if I skip a second time, I spot for the next 3 weeks so I just don't do it, since it's not worth it. My periods are REALLY REALLY light thanks to bc. ^^

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default The Venting Thread

Thank you all so much for your compliments to me regarding the rude comments those women made about my weight. I appreciate it.

I have two vents

I talked to my mom yesterday about her wedding to let her know I'm coming even though she knows I really don't want to come and I'm completely uncomfortable with the whole situation. I don't want anything to do with this new guy or his family. Apparently his parents are overly friendly huggy types and just no. I told my mom that I would appreciate it if they don't do the whole grab me an welcome me into the family thing because I'm not happy about all of this and I'm not wanting to be a part of their family. My mom paused for a minute and said, "I can't guarantee they won't do that Amber. They are super nice people and you will love them." Actually no I won't. So I said, "just tell them I'm sensitive about all this quick change." She did divorce my step dad of over 20 years not too long ago after all. Then she said, "no I will just tell them you aren't a hugging type of person." I actually AM a hugging type of person and that's a big fat lie. She just doesn't want to look bad. **** narcissistic personality.

So I changed the topic to dogs as I usually do. We will be bringing Cricket with us and she has food allergies. My mom free feeds her dog so I asked her if she could possibly not leave food just sitting out at least for the couple days we are there to help keep cricket out of her dog food. She said that was fine. Then I made the mistake of asking what she feeds her dog anyway. She says, "well I was feeding Iams but that was getting way too expensive so I'm not sure what I'm feeding now, but it is more affordable." Wtf??? She feeds a shihtzu or however you spell it. She makes a hell of a lot more money than me and I'm able to feed three decent sized dogs quality food. I don't understand. Her dog is LITTLE!! Not to mention I know her dog tends to have tummy issues and its probably because of what she is feeding.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle