Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-23-2013, 07:39 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Got on a new birth control pill and other than a few days of nausea at first..
nothing is happening.
So my vent is that I'm suspicious.
No way this was this easy. This was the first kind I tried.

Waiting for the other shoe to drop and wondering each second when my body/emotions are going to turn on me is no fun.
I've never had an issue with mine. I occasionally got nausous when I first started it...now no problems. No swings of emotion (well, I have emotional swings, but I think that has to do with my current situation versus the medication), no weight gain, no feeling sick. Quite nice, actually.

I'm on the generic for Sprintec.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:43 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Got on a new birth control pill and other than a few days of nausea at first..
nothing is happening.
So my vent is that I'm suspicious.
No way this was this easy. This was the first kind I tried.

Waiting for the other shoe to drop and wondering each second when my body/emotions are going to turn on me is no fun.
Lucky you , I have tried every combination of bc there is & nothing works for me. Either I bleed all. The. Time or I gain a bunch of weight because I am bloated all the time :/. Plus I smoke so I really don't want to double (on top of the fact that smoking doubles the chances alone) my risk for a stroke or hear attack :P.

My vent: my shoulder is really bothering me today, & today I just noticed that when I move it back & forth, there is this "tic" I can feel, like a "catching" feeling if I put Moorhead hand over it while I'm moving it :/ I don't know that that means & I don't have any money for a doctor. If I had I would have gone when I was first injured -_-.

I also went to visit my grandmother today, who is passing away from cancer. She is 96 & has had a healthy, great life up until she was diagnosed five years ago. She is such a sweet, wonderful person & it hurts me so to think she is ending her life suffering & in pain, & withering away . I am also sad for mom, who this is hardest on because she & Gran are close.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
I've never had an issue with mine. I occasionally got nausous when I first started it...now no problems. No swings of emotion (well, I have emotional swings, but I think that has to do with my current situation versus the medication), no weight gain, no feeling sick. Quite nice, actually.

I'm on the generic for Sprintec.
I was on that for about 3 years; worked great and then this spring I went all "rahr everyone including myself must die!", which is what has been happening every three years for the last decade. So, time for something new!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:22 PM
orange iguanas.

I'm so tired.
I had a horrible nights sleep last night.
Didn't get a break at work, it was the day of emergencies so we had pizza delivered and ate on the fly. I was so looking forward to a break because I'm TIRED.
And now after the crazy day, I'm wiped. And could easily just go to bed right now. But it's Friday night and who wants to do that??

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 08-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
I was on that for about 3 years; worked great and then this spring I went all "rahr everyone including myself must die!", which is what has been happening every three years for the last decade. So, time for something new!
Sprintec is the generic

I'm about to start it as well. Supposed to be great for people with PCOS
Old 08-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Boo. I wanted to reunite Shambles and Squash for the first time since they were babies tomorrow but I went on a trip last weekend and can't swing this one. I am super bummed about it, but I guess now the earth is safe another day.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
What are you on? I'm about to start a new variety too.
Jolessa (it's the generic of seasonelle (sp?)
It's the one where you get your period once every 3 months.. but I got on the "just send me another pack right away because I don't even want it every 3 months" plan

$12 a month at planned parenthood.. WINNING!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Jolessa (it's the generic of seasonelle (sp?)
It's the one where you get your period once every 3 months.. but I got on the "just send me another pack right away because I don't even want it every 3 months" plan

$12 a month at planned parenthood.. WINNING!
Intesting thing about BC. If it's the same strength, you can just skip the week where you're supposed to have your period. On most BCs (excluding ones like Tri-whatever) you can just continue taking the pills and have a period whenever you want. Sprintec is $9 without insurance. (Which is also one you can just continue taking. Like Seaonsale/iqe but not as expensive.) Most pay it down to $0.

(In the 60's BC was advertised as NO PERIODS EVER. It freaked women out, though, so they changed it to once a month. It's not a new concept. )
Old 08-23-2013, 08:56 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Lucky you , I have tried every combination of bc there is & nothing works for me. Either I bleed all. The. Time or I gain a bunch of weight because I am bloated all the time :/. Plus I smoke so I really don't want to double (on top of the fact that smoking doubles the chances alone) my risk for a stroke or hear attack :P.

My vent: my shoulder is really bothering me today, & today I just noticed that when I move it back & forth, there is this "tic" I can feel, like a "catching" feeling if I put Moorhead hand over it while I'm moving it :/ I don't know that that means & I don't have any money for a doctor. If I had I would have gone when I was first injured -_-.

I also went to visit my grandmother today, who is passing away from cancer. She is 96 & has had a healthy, great life up until she was diagnosed five years ago. She is such a sweet, wonderful person & it hurts me so to think she is ending her life suffering & in pain, & withering away . I am also sad for mom, who this is hardest on because she & Gran are close.
So sorry to hear about your Gran. I will pray for her and for your family. Cancer at any age is terrible. 96 is an amazing lifetime!

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
Intesting thing about BC. If it's the same strength, you can just skip the week where you're supposed to have your period. On most BCs (excluding ones like Tri-whatever) you can just continue taking the pills and have a period whenever you want. Sprintec is $9 without insurance. (Which is also one you can just continue taking. Like Seaonsale/iqe but not as expensive.) Most pay it down to $0.

(In the 60's BC was advertised as NO PERIODS EVER. It freaked women out, though, so they changed it to once a month. It's not a new concept. )
That's what the lady at PP told me
but the issue with me is that I travel and run around a lot and wanted them to give me more than one monthly pack at a time (just in case I went somewhere and was towards the end of one so I could start another and not get my period)which proved, with my insurance, to be an issue (they wanted me to pick up a new pack every month)
Jolessa comes with three months in one 'pack' lol so now I only have to worry about getting another one every three months and can travel willy nilly lol

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.