Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-21-2013, 01:18 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I'm wondering if I should go see a therapist or something. But I don't really see the point. So I can sit and tell somebody about how my life is out of control? They can't fix it. It can't get better unless it's NOT out of control. And if I could make it not out of control I wouldn't have a problem to begin with. So what's the point exactly, except wasting my money?
yeah.
What Taqroy said... sometimes it's just nice to have an impartial person to vent to

PLUS they can help you with how to cope with the things that are out of control and how to manage your reactions and feelings.

it's just a good outlet.

When I was younger I had a lot of trouble with my sister. She was not a nice person and she is and was a pathological liar and her version of reality often came back on me. A doctor recommended I see a psychologist. What good would that do me? it wouldn't fix my sisters issues... SHE is the one that needed to see a therapist... not me.

But I went... BEST thing I ever did. It really helped me cope with her behavior and gave me an unbiased person to talk to that would just listen and didn't try to force their opinions on me. The therapist gave me lots of great advice. that while I couldn't stop my sister from being who she was or make her change.. I COULD control my reactions and feelings and learned that I was not to blame for her issues... that it was not my fault and I wasn't causing it.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogBuford View Post
If you're running a business (I don't really care what type of business) I think the expectation is to have some sort of response to emails or phone calls within 48 hours. Even if it's just "We received your email and will get back to you within the week!" type thing.

If I wait more than 48 hours with NO type of response then I will generally take my business elsewhere. I'm not going to wait on a return message if I don't even know the first one was received.
That's how I figure emails and phone stuff should be handled as well and it's how I run my business. Ideally, I get back to someone in less than 24 hours but sometimes that doesn't happen. I'm a one woman operation, too, so I don't have much sympathy for those that take longer who actually have multiple people in the business.

The thing that bugs me most as a business person is people who call or email after 5p on Friday or on a weekend expecting a call back the same day or faster. Um no. I love my job, but it is my JOB and I *do* take my nights and weekends thankyouverymuch.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm All Ears

Beanie big big (((((hug))))).
Old 08-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I'm just not sure that sitting around crying about it any more is going to be helpful. What will that fix? It will not get me a new job. It will not fix my house. It will not make my bank account any larger. I don't think spending money a therapist is going to help me "cope" with being poor...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
That's how I figure emails and phone stuff should be handled as well and it's how I run my business. Ideally, I get back to someone in less than 24 hours but sometimes that doesn't happen. I'm a one woman operation, too, so I don't have much sympathy for those that take longer who actually have multiple people in the business.

The thing that bugs me most as a business person is people who call or email after 5p on Friday or on a weekend expecting a call back the same day or faster. Um no. I love my job, but it is my JOB and I *do* take my nights and weekends thankyouverymuch.
You should move to Colorado and set up business here. PROBLEM SOLVED.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 08-21-2013, 02:24 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I'm just not sure that sitting around crying about it any more is going to be helpful. What will that fix? It will not get me a new job. It will not fix my house. It will not make my bank account any larger. I don't think spending money a therapist is going to help me "cope" with being poor...
I understand. spending more money on something you don't believe will make a difference when you are already low on funds is hard to handle.

But they really are great at doing what we don't think it possible. When you are caught up in the downward spiral of despair it seems impossible to get out of it and everything looks grim but they really can help you to cope with your emotions and the out of control feelings we can get trapped in.

Will your insurance cover any therapist visits at all? What about a psychiatrist? really the big difference between the two is a psychiatrist is able to prescribe meds and sometimes insurance will cover them over just "someone to talk to"

(((HUGS)))

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Top Dog

I guess it's my day to vent because WTF INSURANCE WHY ARE YOU DENYING MY BLOOD TEST FOR DOWN SYNDROME. And whyyyyyy did it take you 8 months to do so? And SERIOUSLY WHY are they billing 2700 freaking dollars for a 250 dollar test?

I really hope this second appeal works because I can't pay 2700 dollars.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
You should move to Colorado and set up business here. PROBLEM SOLVED.
Psh or you guys could move to NC...it's cheaper here!

Old 08-21-2013, 02:43 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Will your insurance cover any therapist visits at all? What about a psychiatrist? really the big difference between the two is a psychiatrist is able to prescribe meds and sometimes insurance will cover them over just "someone to talk to"

(((HUGS)))
It will, but I would have to look... most of the things on my insurance are only covered after my deductible is met. I still have a hefty bill from my annual to pay because of that. Of course I am not the kind of person who really goes to the doctor that much, so I pretty much never hit my deductible.
I was hoping to get a new job and better benefits. I don't have dental insurance so I haven't been to the dentist for almost a year... and with my dental history I really shouldn't NOT go to the dentist. It's tough because if I don't go things can compound to become a more major issue and then I'll REALLY have a financial problem, but at the same time I feel like I can't go because I can't afford that.

I saw a therapist for a while when I was in high school and it was not a pleasant experience. My aunt is also a therapist and I don't enjoy trying to talk to her. I mean, I'm not a PhD but I do have my degree is psychology. And I obviously believe in the power of a good therapist in many situations. I'm just not positive it will help me... especially if the whole time I'm worrying about how I'm supposed to pay for this to begin with...

I just feel like crying all the **** time lately. I don't think I need meds or anything, I think stuff just needs to not be so bad. Now that I think about it, it feels like when I was on NuvaRing and was seriously depressed and getting more and more depressed as time went on. Except there is no marching to the bathroom and yanking out the birth control that's making me depressed. There is no waking up the next day feeling better already. There is nothing I can remove from my body that will make me feel better and better the longer it's gone.

So there it is. I guess I'm legit depressed. That would explain why my friends are calling me on my BS when they ask how I am and I hitch up a fake smile and tell them "fine." Because I'm not.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Psh or you guys could move to NC...it's cheaper here!
But we have (almost) no fleas and ticks! Is it really cheaper there? I'm going to be visiting out that way eventually, my baby bro is stationed in South Carolina.