Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Top Dog

Default The Venting Thread

DD, do you suppose that, at one point you were perhaps ill behaved as a child in public? I mean, you're kind of ill behaved now and this IS a public forum. I might even hazard a guess that your posts are responsible for raised cortisol levels and blood pressure amongst some of your fellow members...
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:15 PM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

lol WOW. I leave for 5 days and this is what happens in the venting thread.

Well we all know second hand breast feeding is bad for us. It makes people see other people's boobies. Oh wait. No.

I am totally for prohibiting smoking all together. It would be much healthier for everyone =/ There is nothing worse than watching a mom have a baby with her and then smoke. (and then breastfeed.) -.-
I hate there here in restaurants you can smoke outside. The none smokers are always the ones inconvienced by the smokers, because no matter what there will always be a smoker lighting up while I am eating. Blech.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:28 PM
On second thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
I'm so used to Chows, who come home at 8 weeks all horrified at the thought of peeing indoors that this large, peeing puppy is a new experience.Thank heavens he's extra sweet and cute.
This is by far one of the funnier things about Chows. Many of them act like there is no greater woe than going potty in the house.

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:36 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

ANNNNNNNNND our dishwasher just went for a cr@p.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-19-2013, 03:55 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
lol WOW. I leave for 5 days and this is what happens in the venting thread.

Well we all know second hand breast feeding is bad for us. It makes people see other people's boobies. Oh wait. No.

I am totally for prohibiting smoking all together. It would be much healthier for everyone =/ There is nothing worse than watching a mom have a baby with her and then smoke. (and then breastfeed.) -.-
I hate there here in restaurants you can smoke outside. The none smokers are always the ones inconvienced by the smokers, because no matter what there will always be a smoker lighting up while I am eating. Blech.
Br what about those of us who don't want to quit? Choosing to smoke is a choice & a RIGHT of MINE (excluding the act of smoking in public for a moment) outlawing smoking outright & making it illegal infringes on those who CHOOSE to smoke.

If you are ton to do that, better add alcohol to that list too. & what about those who over eat? Aren't they "hurting themselves" too as well as effecting others (by wayod driving up the cost of health care, ESP if its state funded)?

Old 08-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Br what about those of us who don't want to quit? Choosing to smoke is a choice & a RIGHT of MINE (excluding the act of smoking in public for a moment) outlawing smoking outright & making it illegal infringes on those who CHOOSE to smoke.

If you are ton to do that, better add alcohol to that list too. & what about those who over eat? Aren't they "hurting themselves" too as well as effecting others (by wayod driving up the cost of health care, ESP if its state funded)?
Somebody drinking isn't going to kill an innocent bystander. Somebody overeating, again, isn't going to kill an innocent bystander. Somebody smoking can kill an innocent bystander. How hard is that to understand?

Again, there is NO such thing as the right to smoke.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I would like to know where "smoking" is a guaranteed right.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Somebody drinking isn't going to kill an innocent bystander. Somebody overeating, again, isn't going to kill an innocent bystander. Somebody smoking can kill an innocent bystander. How hard is that to understand?

Again, there is NO such thing as the right to smoke.
Smoking isn't going to kill an innocent bystander any more than anything else.

Factory fumes.

Exhaust fumes.

Heavy metals in your water and food.

Pesticides.

Plastic residues.

And I say all this as an ex smoker! You'd have to be standing next to a lot of smokers on a regular basis and breathing in deeply to get the cumulative effect of second hand smoke. For example, those who WORK in smoky atmospheres (banned in pubs here now so no worries). Walking past someone smoking in the street won't kill anyone anyhow.

In fact, alcohol IS more likely to get you killed innocently. Drunk drivers, drunk aggressive fighters, drunk people who leave broken glass bottles around etc etc etc.

I'm ALL for banning smoking in public, but you have to be accurate about it.... Second hand smoke doesn't pull out a knife and kill people. You won't die from one sniff of ciggy smoke. Bit dramatic!!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 08-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Resident fainting goat

Not even a full 3 days into this juice cleanse and I feel like I'm going to die.

I AM SO HUNGRY!!!!! I WANT REAL FOOD!

I don't think I'm lasting 10 days. No way.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Smoking isn't going to kill an innocent bystander any more than anything else.

Factory fumes.

Exhaust fumes.

Heavy metals in your water and food.

Pesticides.

Plastic residues.

And I say all this as an ex smoker! You'd have to be standing next to a lot of smokers on a regular basis and breathing in deeply to get the cumulative effect of second hand smoke. For example, those who WORK in smoky atmospheres (banned in pubs here now so no worries). Walking past someone smoking in the street won't kill anyone anyhow.

In fact, alcohol IS more likely to get you killed innocently. Drunk drivers, drunk aggressive fighters, drunk people who leave broken glass bottles around etc etc etc.

I'm ALL for banning smoking in public, but you have to be accurate about it.... Second hand smoke doesn't pull out a knife and kill people. You won't die from one sniff of ciggy smoke. Bit dramatic!!!
Yep. People NEVER get lung cancer or lung disease from second hand smoke! Continual smoke inhalation causes problems. I'd know, I'm living it. I've never smoked a day in my life.

Drinking and driving? Illegal. Fighting, whether drunk or not, is illegal. Littering, illegal. ALL those things ARE ILLEGAL, BECAUSE it is dangerous TO OTHER PEOPLE.

NOT ONE THING you said is a direct harm to another person just simply by somebody sitti g there and having a drink. They are all direct harm to people due to other things, and are ILLEGAL.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13