Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I know of people who get just as sick from perfume, body sprays, lotions, whatever so I should stop wearing those too?

I miss the old days where no one cared where you lit up & it's funny that no one had "sensitivities " to smoke ado then, it see was though these "sensitivities" are something that has come up recently.
People do not get cancer from perfume, there are no long term illnesses that perfume causes to anyone who inhales it.
Inhaling cigarette smoke is bad for ANY LUNG of ANY PERSON.

I'm not sure if you are really that dim or if you are kidding!

Seriously, you think nobody got cancer from inhaling cigarette smoke back then?!
Hey screw it lets go back to the good old days when you could light up in hospitals!
Let's start giving kids coca cola in their baby bottles!
Let's go tanning with some baby oil all day long!

PEOPLE DID STUPID THINGS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T KNOW BETTER AND INFORMATION WASN'T WIDELY AVAILABLE.
Now we do.

People wised up, research got better and the rules were put in place because people were getting sick and people were dying.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:39 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Had an awesome time hiking with the dogs, but got home and Abrams' eye was all irritated. Third eyelid was up, squinting, weepy, the works. I flushed it and brought a piece of mulch to the surface. He was a very good boy and let me get it out, but now I'm worried there was a piece I didn't see and/or it scratched his eye. Really hoping tomorrow morning his eye will look fine!

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 08-18-2013, 08:46 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Had an awesome time hiking with the dogs, but got home and Abrams' eye was all irritated. Third eyelid was up, squinting, weepy, the works. I flushed it and brought a piece of mulch to the surface. He was a very good boy and let me get it out, but now I'm worried there was a piece I didn't see and/or it scratched his eye. Really hoping tomorrow morning his eye will look fine!
Poor guy. Hope he feels fine! Harlow swiped her eye on a reed a few weeks ago and it swelled up real bad. I put some triple antibiotic around it just to be safe, and it was down in the morning.

There's a thread dedicated to you in FH.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 08-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Top Dog

Umm I smoke and I see nothing wrong with designated smoking area's in public places. I already don't smoke near or around my son, on the rare occassion I get to run an errand alone I try to find a place off to the side away from people if I want a cigarette. It's not that hard to just be courteous and respectful of others. Just because I choose to engage in something unhealthy (and starting back up again is/was just plain stupid btw) that does not mean I need to subject others to my bad choices and put their health at risk!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:06 PM
The Littlest Hound

Our AC broke, we're working on a 100 gallon saltwater fishtank, i need to see a doctor and have no health insurance (im diabetic debbie!), and the dogs need food. I am so afraid my money will be gone before I can get dog show entries in :/

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 08-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Top Dog

I just found out my insurance runs out October 31. NOT December 31. ****.

I don't know if I qualify for Medicaid/KanCare, or where to even begin looking.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:13 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
But ... It is punishing. Vanquishing smokers to isolated, dark corners just because it makes some people uncomfortable?

Like I said, businesses? Restaurants? Even some places like amusment parks (even though they are open air) but side walks? Streets? Come on, isn't that going a little too far? Like I said I do not smoke in public (unless I am at a bar or something) but I do respect the right of someone who chooses to.
Am I the only one who sees the irony of expecting women to breastfeed in the bathroom because it makes some people uncomfortable, but crying foul for sending smokers to isolated dark corners for ENDANGERING OTHER PEOPLE'S HEALTH?

lolz

Old 08-18-2013, 10:14 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Am I the only one who sees the irony of expecting women to breastfeed in the bathroom because it makes some people uncomfortable, but crying foul for sending smokers to isolated dark corners for ENDANGERING OTHER PEOPLE'S HEALTH?

lolz

oh yeah....
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post

lolz

Old 08-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
I know of people who get just as sick from perfume, body sprays, lotions, whatever so I should stop wearing those too?

I miss the old days where no one cared where you lit up & it's funny that no one had "sensitivities " to smoke ado then, it see was though these "sensitivities" are something that has come up recently.
Most places here, at fairs and things...Don't even have smoking areas. It's 100% smoke free. Because.. Well... smoke doesn't stay in the designated areas.

Gasp, you can't even smoke in your car if there's a kid in there. you also can't smoke on achool property, even if you are in your car. The horror.

Yet, 95% of smokers here don't complain (loudly) about it, because they're, you know, considerate human beings.

In the grand scheme of things, it didn't really matter, I went back inside. I was annoyed, after a long day, and decided to vent here rather than yelling at distant family and causing issues at a wedding

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13