Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-17-2013, 10:51 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I'm at a wedding/reception, and stepped outside for some fresh air. Walked way away from the people smoking.

Two people come out, walk all the way over here to smoke. WHY? BE CONSIDERATE.
Maybe they were tying to be considerate by walking so far away? I am a smoker but I don't smoke in public, only in my truck or at home, or in a bar or like place if they allow it (can't help it, if I am drinking it goes hand in hand lol). But I hate all the stigma surrounding smoking in this day & age, like its now taboo or something.

@ southpaw this happened to us the other day at Wally World .

Old 08-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Top Dog

My stomach feels BAD tonight again. Please for the love of god, please don't be that bacterial thing popping back up again. I have too much to do, and heading out for a mini business trip on Monday.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:40 PM
Jelly baby?

Quote:
But I hate all the stigma surrounding smoking in this day & age, like its now taboo or something.
Uh....I'm nearly speechless? Smoking is and should be "taboo." And non-smokers especially shouldn't be subjected to other people's carcinogens when they make and active attempt to AVOID them. Wow. How dare people value their health

Vortex Canine - Custom Harnesses and Leashes

"Never cruel nor cowardly. Never give up. Never give in."
~The Doctor
Old 08-17-2013, 11:47 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Uh....I'm nearly speechless? Smoking is and should be "taboo." And non-smokers especially shouldn't be subjected to other people's carcinogens when they make and active attempt to AVOID them. Wow. How dare people value their health
This is going to be the one time I ever agree with DD, and I'm a non-smoker. . . but no, it shouldn't. People should be allowed to smoke wherever they want as long as it's public property and they're not disturbing anyone. Or private property and it's allowed.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:53 PM
The Littlest Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
This is going to be the one time I ever agree with DD, and I'm a non-smoker. . . but no, it shouldn't. People should be allowed to smoke wherever they want as long as it's public property and they're not disturbing anyone. Or private property and it's allowed.
All of this, minus it being the only time I will agree with DD, because I'm sure stranger things have happened.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 08-18-2013, 12:12 AM
Fishies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Well sure, but lets talk about disturbing people. If I have a lung condition? Asthma?

There isn't any healthy level of smoke, so if I have to walk through a cloud of smoke can I sue "you" for the seconds of my life that are statistically lost?
Old 08-18-2013, 12:14 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Maybe they were tying to be considerate by walking so far away? I am a smoker but I don't smoke in public, only in my truck or at home, or in a bar or like place if they allow it (can't help it, if I am drinking it goes hand in hand lol). But I hate all the stigma surrounding smoking in this day & age, like its now taboo or something.

@ southpaw this happened to us the other day at Wally World .
They.... Were trying to be considerate by walking away from the smokers to where the only person not smoking is? Yah.... Makes sense.

I was in front of a private building. It's illegal to smoke in front of any private and most public buildings here.

ETA: I... Never said they shouldn't be smoking or anything like it's taboo? It's common courtesy to not stand right next to somebody that's obviously avoiding the smokers and smoke, though. Just like if there's somebody obviously staying away from my ferrets, I don't go all up in their face with them. Or if somebody is obviously trying to stay away from the people drinking, I don't go out of my way to sit beside them and drink.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13

Last edited by JessLough; 08-18-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:48 AM
aka RedHotBabe

I don't know how professional drivers do it. I only did maybe 50 laps, a little under an hour and a half of track time, and I just slept for 12 hours and my whole body hurts.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Resident fainting goat

Smoking **** well should be a bigger taboo and I'm glad cities are starting to actually stand behind the laws that ban smoking in certain areas.

No. I don't care if we are in public, you can go ahead and fill your lungs with that crap, that is A OK.. but you are NOT taking me down with you. Forcing people to breath in your smoke from YOUR HABIT and endanger their own health in public, is disturbing people.
People walk down BUSY SIDEWALKS with cigarettes so you have to walk through their **** clouds of smoke. Like seriously?

My campus has approved smoking areas away from where people have to walk and it works for everyone. You can go ahead and smoke but forcing others to breathe it in on sidewalks or around ANY AND ALL public benches, seating areas and of course outside buildings is NOT ok.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Top Dog

Brooks likes to pee in one section of the hall. I( assumed I was not getting some sort of microscopic smell out, so I made sure to use vinegar, etc. (there is no carpet) Still, stealth peeing. He pees outside. He's horrible at being tethered (even if I tether him to me...nonstop moving, jumping, etc) so I usually gate him in the hall when he can't be watched like a hawk, as it's a fairly closed and narrow area, but way more room than crating each time.
But still..giant puppy puddle. He is not doing it elsewhere, so I don't see it being a bladder issue. Little jerkface.

I'm so used to Chows, who come home at 8 weeks all horrified at the thought of peeing indoors that this large, peeing puppy is a new experience.Thank heavens he's extra sweet and cute.