Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Bored Now.

I'm tired of car sales.

I have never and will never lie to a customer to sell a car. I've had managers and coworkers lie to customers and then I've had to make everything right again.

I pour my heart and soul into it and try to to my best by people and make them happy.

I get NO RESPECT WHATSOEVER from my coworkers and managers because I'm honest. In fact, I get eyes rolled for it because I lose sales.

I get NO RESPECT WHATSOEVER from customers. People walk in with a preconceived notion of me being slimy and awful. I work hard to turn it around, but I get the exact same thing over and over.

The people you work the hardest for don't appreciate it at all and s=still give you bad surveys when you've spent hours upon hours with them, drove to their house, bought them accessories, etc.

I get people going "oh, you're a car salesman? well that explains ______."

Really?

YOU SHOULD SEE HOW CUSTOMERS TREAT ME EVERY GODDAMNED DAY OF THE WEEK AND THEN YOU GET TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO ME. Walk a mile - or half of one - in my shoes and then just try to say that to me. People always tell me car salespeople are liars, well, I've seen 5x more customers lie than I ever have seen people in the industry lie to their customers. I've just started calling people out on it. It's awkward to say "but you said xxxx earlier" but it's better than putting up with it any longer.

The last guy who came into the dealership asking for a salesman I really should have turned over to someone else like I usually do. . . but I haven't taken many new clients lately and I just said "that's me!"

He was absolutely nothing but an ass to me the. entire. time.

When I'm dressed professionally and have a pin on my lapel saying I'm in sales and I greet someone who says that, I usually say, "no problem, let me get a salesman for you!" and run off to find one of my coworkers. In the future, I'm going to start doing that again.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Bored Now.

That's a good vent, right? Look at my excessive use of caps lock.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Have you tried Christianmingle.com ? I don't know much about it but see it advertised
I did, oddly enough it was... well, let's just say I was confused about why a lot of the men who approached me were on a site that was called Christian mingle. Like - no I am not on this site because I want to have lots of anonymous sex with 60 year old men.

I actually did research before paying to join Match as far as what dating site seems to be the best for starting a quality Christian relationship. Match actually came out pretty much ahead. eHarmony came up, but the biggest complaint people have is there are TONS of dead and abandoned profiles. People who join then never come back. I don't even get communication on their "free communication weekends" anymore, so I believe the complaints. So I decided it was worth a shot.

I was thinking last night about it and why I kind of prefer this approach versus meeting a guy at, like, a church event. Of course I would like to meet somebody the "normal" way. But I have had a lot of poor experiences in the church with very hypocritical people, or people who go to church on Sunday and play the part and as soon as they leave church they are done with that part of themselves. This way I can kind of get a picture of somebody right away. Of course people lie - but it a guy takes the time to write something in his dating bio about his faith and how he's looking for a religious partner to match, I feel like my odds are good that he's being truthful (at least on that.) I find it hard to believe somebody is going to write a love letter on his religiosity to try and pick up chicks LOL.
That and there's no awkwardness of "so exactly when do I bring up the fact that I don't want kids?" It's right out there immediately.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Sport Model Pug

This is the weirdest cold I've ever had. Monday was sore throat, Tuesday my sinuses were congested and painful, Wednesday my nose was running non-stop, and today I've moved to lots of sneezing. Every time a new symptom starts, the previous one goes away and they only last for 12-24 hours or so... I wonder what symptom tomorrow will bring, maybe it'll just be gone? I hope? Our club's trial is this weekend so I'd kind of like to be not sick so I can run and do my job.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 08-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Top Dog

you know what, it was match, not eharmony......that my friends met through
Old 08-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Love My Mutt <3

They should fire me because I have sworn while not working.

Employee was absolutely in his rights to swear at me and continually harrass me, while working.

Mad. Upset. Defeated.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
That's a good vent, right? Look at my excessive use of caps lock.
I'm sorry It's extremely frustrating to be judged so thoroughly based on stereotypes of a profession. I hate telling Zach's coworkers I'm a teacher--without fail, the response is, "Oh, that's cute", "It must be nice to have 3+ months off each year", or "I wish I could have a job with such a nice schedule."

Guess what, asshats--you can. If my job is so amazing that you think I play games from 8-3 and then go home and nap until dinner, why don't you go get a masters degree, cut your pay in half, and work the same hours with no respect?

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 08-15-2013, 01:25 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

@noludoru As someone who will be looking for a new (most likely new to me) truck in the not so distant future, I am always pleasantly surprised when I get treated like a PERSON by salesmen, not as a dollar sign, & not as a female buying a car.

I hate having to run the gauntlet of vultures that give GOOD salesmen a bad name (I know they aren't all like that) so I try to find a dealer whose salesmen aren't on commission. Last time I bought from carmax & I really liked the way I was trashed there, my salesmen treated me much like you treat your customers & I will never forget it (in a good way) so don't think it's lost on every person.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Have you seen this, Cali? It was circulating a while ago...

http://zenpencils.com/comic/124-tayl...teachers-make/

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I'm sorry It's extremely frustrating to be judged so thoroughly based on stereotypes of a profession. I hate telling Zach's coworkers I'm a teacher--without fail, the response is, "Oh, that's cute", "It must be nice to have 3+ months off each year", or "I wish I could have a job with such a nice schedule."

Guess what, asshats--you can. If my job is so amazing that you think I play games from 8-3 and then go home and nap until dinner, why don't you go get a masters degree, cut your pay in half, and work the same hours with no respect?
My mom teaches high school and gets a lot of that too, and when people say 'I wish I could--' she says, "You can! Why don't you? It sounds like you really want to, right?" and then they're like, "Oh well no actually it's uh well my job is great because..."

It gets old.