Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Top Dog

MandyPug! How horrible, glad you guys got home early and caught it in time.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:45 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

The ranch house is an all electric house, but the unit (which is almost as old as the house ... 20 yrs so I guess I shouldn't be complaining) always chooses the dead ass middle of SUMMER to keel. We bake & use the stove a lot in winter so it keeps the house pretty warm, but summer we. Need. AC.

Also the window unit in our dorm at the track isn't doing so hot, either. I think the consecutive 100 + degree days are catching up to all the units I guess.

I don't mind being hot outside ... But she I go into a building I want a break lol.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:02 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

My friend basically told me today I'm wasting my time and money pursuing any kind of dating site because "you can't go looking for it."
you know what not looking for it has gotten me?
To nearly 30 and completely and entirely single.

When I called him out on it directly he tried to backpedal but that's exactly what he was saying.

nice to know my friends are just as supportive as always.

and of course he's probably right anyway.

as he claims "there are worse things than being alone."

I can't think of very many. being dead instead seems preferable to being alone forever.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-15-2013, 12:49 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

It's nearly 2am an I can't sleep. Spent most of the evening browsing collars, tags and coursing slips and now my brain is still thinking about collars and it won't shut off. I have to get up in a few hours for work too. Dangit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-15-2013, 01:48 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
My friend basically told me today I'm wasting my time and money pursuing any kind of dating site because "you can't go looking for it."

When I called him out on it directly he tried to backpedal but that's exactly what he was saying.

I can't think of very many. being dead instead seems preferable to being alone forever.
I'm going to a wedding on Saturday for a good friend who met her fiancé on eHarmony.

My coworker has had a few great relationships since her divorce by meeting people on match.com
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:13 AM
Top Dog

Quote:

A friend of mine got engaged a few months ago to a guy she met on a dating site. I think it was One More Fish....maybe.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 08-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
I'm going to a wedding on Saturday for a good friend who met her fiancé on eHarmony.

My coworker has had a few great relationships since her divorce by meeting people on match.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndConfused View Post
A friend of mine got engaged a few months ago to a guy she met on a dating site. I think it was One More Fish....maybe.
Probably Plenty of Fish... full of creepers, I had an account a while ago, but it still gets recommend a lot. Because it's free and super popular. Not really the place for a girl to meet a Christian boyfriend though haha.

I have friends who met on eHarmony and have been married for I think four years now. I know if I told them what this other friend said they would have plenty to say about it. I know it absolutely happens. And the idea that you should just sit on your ass waiting for magic to happen is stupid. You don't find a job sitting on your ass waiting for one to fall in your lap. You don't decide you'd like to buy a house and proceed to do nothing to go find a house to buy. And you sure as hell don't win the lottery if you don't even buy a ticket.
Why should trying to find the love of your life be any different?

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-15-2013, 10:29 AM
aka RedHotBabe

It's supposed to be tax free week, yet everything I've bought for school has been taxed. I don't understand. -_-
Old 08-15-2013, 10:58 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Probably Plenty of Fish... full of creepers, I had an account a while ago, but it still gets recommend a lot. Because it's free and super popular. Not really the place for a girl to meet a Christian boyfriend though haha.

I have friends who met on eHarmony and have been married for I think four years now. I know if I told them what this other friend said they would have plenty to say about it. I know it absolutely happens. And the idea that you should just sit on your ass waiting for magic to happen is stupid. You don't find a job sitting on your ass waiting for one to fall in your lap. You don't decide you'd like to buy a house and proceed to do nothing to go find a house to buy. And you sure as hell don't win the lottery if you don't even buy a ticket.
Why should trying to find the love of your life be any different?
Have you tried Christianmingle.com ? I don't know much about it but see it advertised

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Top Dog

Quote:

I was just in a wedding this year and they met through eharmony. Also both her brother and sister married people they met through there. I have heard a very good number of success stories from there. Sure, you are going to get some that dont fit, but at least you are meeting people.

I cant imagine trying to meet people if I needed to start dating again. I would totally use a dating site.