Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Mae View Post
but when I'm joking around with my sister and we both get yelled at to "shut up and leave it at the door because it's _____ annoying"... I am probably not going to be too impressed. Afterwards, a few of my co-workers told me how out of line it was and said that he has acted similarly towards them, so go figure.
He actually told you to "shut up?" Wow.
IMO it doesn't really help to know that a manager is equally crappy to everybody. In fact it kinda makes it worse. I always wonder how these people ever got in positions of management/power when their people skills are totally trash.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-14-2013, 10:34 AM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
This girl (and I!) am Canadian! **** Albertans.
Alberta is the best FYI. it has me and a few other awesome Chazers. Lol

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 08-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

On the way to work this morning I heard a radio ad for a handmade crafters and artists expo my old work is putting on. Just so happens they are putting it on at my gym too. I'm sort of interested in finding out how much it costs to buy a booth.
But at the same time that means I have to call the station... talk to a sales rep, meaning an ex-co-worker, and the only sales rep I would have LIKED to talk to has now left... give them some of my MONEY... and will have to go into the station for meetings and stuff.
And I really don't want to. I mean I just really really. I went by the station the other day to talk to my friend and he asked me if I wanted to come inside and no, I just kinda didn't.

It still feels like a bad breakup.

At the same time I know if I ever started a business or anything, that is where I would go to advertise... and it would be the smartest business move... so this could legit be a good idea... but.
But.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK View Post
Alberta is the best FYI. it has me and a few other awesome Chazers. Lol
LOL I know. It's true. When McGuinty was reelected here, I tried to convince hubby to move to AB.

I think the winters would kill me though.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:33 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Meh, I don't mind the censorship. For the people that prefer censored material, it's available...and for those that don't want censored material, it's available, too!

My vent:

I was going to run errands right after I got off of work. Then I realized I didn't have my checks to deposit. And didn't know what kind of ink I needed to get for the printer. And then my plan just fell through. So now I have to drive 20 minutes BACK in to town to just do some odds and ends errands. Boooo.

But, at least it is a beautiful day and I have the rest of the day off!

Old 08-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
LOL I know. It's true. When McGuinty was reelected here, I tried to convince hubby to move to AB.

I think the winters would kill me though.
Well we'be had brown Christmases for the past few years... Just a couple of storms. So if you really like to have snow for all of winter, don't move here. Otherwise southern Alberta is fantastic.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 08-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Little dog, big voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
He actually told you to "shut up?" Wow.
IMO it doesn't really help to know that a manager is equally crappy to everybody. In fact it kinda makes it worse. I always wonder how these people ever got in positions of management/power when their people skills are totally trash.
Basically, and I wouldn't have had a problem with him asking us to stop joking around if he had gone about it differently. My manager is only about nineteen, since my job is at the local pool, but I still feel as though he should've been professional about it. He isn't too great with people to begin with, but I've been able to tolerate it up until he said that.

He even had the audacity to say the same thing the night before, except it was at a staff party... at someone else's house. Once again, it was because I made a light-hearted joke about my sister's "roots" and even though she was laughing and going along with it, he decided to tell us to stop being annoying.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed that this year's assistant manager takes his position next year... because he is much better at communicating and is just easier to be around. Nor does he constantly pull rank surrounding Nationals, which is basically something you need in order to lifeguard at a university or beach. He says himself that Nationals is irrelevant and it doesn't make a better lifeguard, yet he always makes jokes. It doesn't bother me personally, but it irritates a few of my co-workers... even the ones who have Nationals themselves.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Wants to buy all the dog things. Wah.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 08-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
Wants to buy all the dog things. Wah.
Basically. I just got a debit card and access to my savings account when I turned 18, and some days I just want to spend ALL OF IT.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 08-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Basically. I just got a debit card and access to my savings account when I turned 18, and some days I just want to spend ALL OF IT.
Seriously, why does nobody make 1.5" whiskey themed ribbon? I mean, come on. I can't be the only person who wants a Jack Daniels collar.

Also, winter is coming. Hurrta jacket plz? And all the comfortflex's.. because I want to bike with them.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle