Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-07-2013, 01:08 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paviche View Post
I'm going to miss my old job. For as awful as it could be, for all the stupid drama and bullshit from the owner, I really loved the majority of my coworkers and the dogs. The dogs are the hardest part. I can still see my coworkers, but the dogs? Now that I'm gone, it's over.

I guess I'm just struggling with it. I know I made the right decision, but this one is really hard.
I'm in the same boat. I'm not even going to miss my coworkers, though, except one or two of them (but Facebook, so not really). But the dogs? Heck yes. I've already been thinking of all the animals I WON'T be seeing anymore ever again As much as I've been wanting to leave for YEARS now, I think I'll still end up tearing up my last day
Old 08-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Top Dog

It's raining apocalyptically here and, naturally, this means my basement is going to be wet. Again. Because its rained ALL THE DAYS here this summer. Forget you, Mother Nature.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Well, the great garbage disposal incident of 2013 has left a lasting mark on me. I have an area right on the bottom knuckle of my thumb from being rubbed around and around in the disposal opening. I have a nice, big, weeping abrasion making me cringe with every movement of my hands today.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:49 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Baindaid brand or cvs brand blister bandaids are a Godsend Eddie. Will take all the weep and pain out of it, and makes a bubble area that protects it from being bumped into. They are wonderful for blisters, but good for what you have too.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 08-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Why can't it be my time?!

"This guy has a lot of presence under saddle and would make a fabulous dressage prospect for at least a high intermediate rider."

He will be up for adoption this week. AT THE OHIO FACILITY. Why must they do this to me?!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 08-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Little dog, big voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
Why can't it be my time?!

"This guy has a lot of presence under saddle and would make a fabulous dressage prospect for at least a high intermediate rider."

He will be up for adoption this week. AT THE OHIO FACILITY. Why must they do this to me?!
I saw that guy this morning! Gorgeous, but then again, OTTBs have a special place in my heart.

I can understand the nearly desperate want for a horse though. I have many years left to wait until I can own a horse again, because after Indie's death, my parents weren't keen on getting another. It would've helped a lot with the healing process, but it will be worth the wait I hope.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

They were supposed to get my dad in for his scopes first thing this morning and now they've pushed it back to the afternoon. So now we have to wait even longer. They're going to call my mom once he's back in his room so we can go over there. One doctor said yesterday if they find something and know what's going on, as long as the blood transfusion is done, he can probably go home today. So we're just hoping they find something.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paviche View Post
I'm going to miss my old job. For as awful as it could be, for all the stupid drama and bullshit from the owner, I really loved the majority of my coworkers and the dogs. The dogs are the hardest part. I can still see my coworkers, but the dogs? Now that I'm gone, it's over. Two years of bonding with those dogs and it's all just... over. I've gone through this before; I've worked at 2 other daycares before this one. But somehow this is the hardest.

I have a TON of pictures of my favorites that I sent to myself to keep. I'd love to share some of them + stories with you guys but I have no idea if that's kosher since they're not mine, so I've been erring on the side of caution. I wish I could though.

I guess I'm just struggling with it. I know I made the right decision, but this one is really hard.
This is a decision I've been bouncing around trying to make. My work is driving me nuts, too high of dog numbers lately and not enough knowledgeable staff. The biggest thing bothering me is how tiny our facility is compared to the amount of dogs we take on... But lately we don't turn dogs away? Just stress. Not to mention there are a few people I work with who handle dogs a little harsher than I'm comfortable with, but I won't get into details on that on a public forum. As many things as there are with my work that make me want to run away from there and fast, there is still the side of me that wants to stick around and hopefully help make it a better and more productive place. I do actually like the majority of the people I work with and we are low on employees that are trained as shift leaders and are more dog savvy so I don't feel right leaving just yet especially since my boss is already a bit freaked out that we are losing one of our trainers.

Josh and I are looking in parts of West Virginia at places to live now so if we end up out there I may have to quit anyways. Just a hard decision to make and I do really like my boss a lot and don't want to upset her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 08-07-2013, 11:13 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

I am full of dog slobber. -.- Zora barks at me to get my attention, which I complety ignor (unless she needs to go out), because she isn't supposed to bark so much. Now she's gone over to pushing up my shirt (I'm lying on the couch) and licking my stumach. seriously, dog? Ew.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Mae View Post
I saw that guy this morning! Gorgeous, but then again, OTTBs have a special place in my heart.

I can understand the nearly desperate want for a horse though. I have many years left to wait until I can own a horse again, because after Indie's death, my parents weren't keen on getting another. It would've helped a lot with the healing process, but it will be worth the wait I hope.
The hardest part for me right now is that we COULD make it work. However, that would mean I would have to give up lessons, and a new vehicle which I desperately need, and a house, and savings... All of our extra money would go into a horse, and it just doesn't make sense.

I hope someday you are able to find a special horse to help fill that hole. I know how hard it is to live without your heart horse.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/