Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-06-2013, 12:32 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
Really, you are such a jerk. Didn't Frag live with your ex for awhile? Wouldn't that constitute getting rid of him even if it was a couple weeks?

I NEED a dog. You might not understand that, but my friends do.

To be a snarky bitch, do you Need a business whose name is plagiarized from a well known copyrighted entity?
THIS

@DJEtzel I do not do serious dog sports. I will not pretend to know what kind of dog it takes to do serious dog sports.

This dog is not being dumped at a shelter or pound to add to the number of unwanted animals, as Adrianne said, he is being responsibly & carefully rehomed ... RE-HOMED ... Responsibly.

You & I both do not to the level of sport Falon & some others do with their dogs, so I don't sit there & pretend to know what the hell I am talking about ... & I'm sorry but neither should you.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
He is being stationed in San Diego.
Have spent a greater part of the day laying in bed crying.

He was supposed to go to DC or virginia.. we were supposed to have weekends and be able to drive to see each other and now that's all ruined

It's closer than Japan but it's still so far.

I don't want to deal with this, I wish I didn't love him.. but I do. I know he's the one for me so I just have to deal with it but I just wish I didn't have to.

I want so badly for normalcy this wasn't in my life plans. Dealing with all of this just hurts and it sucks and I NEVER wanted it. This whole life of deployments and secrets and 5 minute phone calls and skype dates I just never wanted it.

He loves his job. So much of who he is I have to thank his job for kind of molding him into that which is great. I love him.

I just.. want him to be around.
Oh no Stupid monitor!

I am so sorry, Fran! Your post really hit a nerve.... I felt the exact way about Dan and his enlistment. The good news, the world can be yours... You are young and once you have finished school (or maybe you could transfer?) you can move near him! Depending on what rank he is, chances are good they'll let him move out in town and you can live together
Old 08-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
He is being stationed in San Diego.
Have spent a greater part of the day laying in bed crying.

He was supposed to go to DC or virginia.. we were supposed to have weekends and be able to drive to see each other and now that's all ruined

It's closer than Japan but it's still so far.

I don't want to deal with this, I wish I didn't love him.. but I do. I know he's the one for me so I just have to deal with it but I just wish I didn't have to.

I want so badly for normalcy this wasn't in my life plans. Dealing with all of this just hurts and it sucks and I NEVER wanted it. This whole life of deployments and secrets and 5 minute phone calls and skype dates I just never wanted it.

He loves his job. So much of who he is I have to thank his job for kind of molding him into that which is great. I love him.

I just.. want him to be around.
Fran... (((((((((hugs))))))

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:10 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I'm sorry Fran that sucks.

Maybe you could save up for a trip & go down to visit him this winter?

Old 08-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Vizsla mom

How long have you been dating? That really stinks he's moving away ..a lot of people do something similar here. A lot of people work out west& have schedules of 3wks on/ 1 wk off. My boyfriend did it for 9 months and it sucked.
Bright side? Internet! It still sucks but it's nice to be able to talk almost face-to-face with just a monitor between you both.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

I am awesome... I left my lunch AND my debit card at home today. Jon got called in early so there's no food for me. Thankfully I only have one dog left to groom and I'm out of here. She's one of my favorites and I love her owner, but that's about the only plus today.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 08-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

my dad is in the hospital. internal bleeding and they don't know where. colonoscopy and endoscopy tomorrow to try and find it.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
my dad is in the hospital. internal bleeding and they don't know where. colonoscopy and endoscopy tomorrow to try and find it.
****. I'm sorry You guys need a break.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Yikes! I hope they figure it out quickly and it's an easy fix. (((hugs)))

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 08-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Obey the Toad.

I do get the confusion over someone letting a dog go that they really care for because it can't do a sport. I had very high hopes for Jack and was crushed when he was diagnosed with elbow dysplasia. I was going to do All The Things with this dog. However, life had other plans--we got him surgery, got him PT, got him supplements, and he still goes to swim therapy weekly. It was frustrating and heartbreaking, especially considering having 3 dogs was not really in the cards.

Honestly, I never once thought of giving him back--he's my boy, he has taught me a lot, and he gets along very well with Sally, which is quite a feat. I don't feel this way because I'm an "idealist furmommy," this is just my reality when it comes to my dogs.

That having been said, I know that just because it's *my* reality doesn't mean it should be everyone else's. If Falon was carting the dog off to the shelter, selling him to the first person that came along, or if this was his 3rd or 4th home I would have an issue with it. However, this is a young dog with a stable tempement that has a good safety net that I'm sure will be able to find an awesome home. Heck, after hearing all about him *I* want him and I'm not in the market for and new dog, let alone a young GSD. I really don't think this is some horrible thing--I'm sure he will make a new family very happy.

I do like the name "Fraggle Rock" for a collar business and enthusiastically support it's use!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.