Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I am SOOOO frustrated right now. I've complained about my landlord's dog before. They let him loose outside all the time and while he wants to play, he also is a very in your face rude dog. He rushes up on my dogs the second he sees them with a boisterous OMG OMG OMG PLAY PLAY PLAYYYYYYY attitude. I do NOT allow my dogs to play on leash and when he does it to Bamm... well let's just say all the hard work I've put into Bamm with his leash reactivity is going to go by the wayside if this continues because Bamm has started reacting every time he sees him now.

I talked to them about it a while ago and they started putting him on a tie out. That didn't last too long and they are back to letting him run loose outside all the time. He harrasses me, my dogs.... he harrasses neighbors... he is annoying and all they see it as is he is friendly and wouldn't harm us so what's the big deal? The big deal is you need to control your **** dog!

This morning I was out walking Joey and my landlord drives up. He sees me outside with Joey and waves and then goes inside. The next thing I know he lets his dog outside when he KNOWS I am outside with Joey and as soon as his dog is outside he is running straight for us. DAMNITTT!

Joey wants to play and gets all excited, but I do NOT like my dogs playing on leash. There are reasons why we do offleash play only in dog parks or small group settings... OFFLEASH not ONLEASH. I don't care if their dog just wants to play... he is being RUDE... rude rude RUDE!

So here I am trying to control my dog who is excited and flipping around on the leash and yelling at their dog to go away. The landlord's wife comes out and calls her dog and says, "I'm sorry, my husband must not have known you were outside with your dog." My response, "No he saw me and waved at me. He KNEW I was outside with my dog." Then she said, "Well at least he is friendly and he wouldn't harm your dogs." I told her that I do not appreciate their dog rushing my dogs no matter if he is friendly or not. I just do NOT appreciate it.

I like our landlords a lot and they are super nice people, but they are just NOT dog savvy people at all and they probably think I'm overreacting. I really can't wait until we have our own place.

I'm already frustrated too from last night. One of our clients made a nasty comment about how skinny Joey is and when I tried to explain sighthounds and that this is how they are built she said, "Well if he was MY dog I'd actually feed him" WHAT THE ****!?!?!?
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 08-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
Really, you are such a jerk. Didn't Frag live with your ex for awhile? Wouldn't that constitute getting rid of him even if it was a couple weeks?

I NEED a dog. You might not understand that, but my friends do.

To be a snarky bitch, do you Need a business whose name is plagiarized from a well known copyrighted entity?
I'm a jerk because I don't understand the mindset behind getting rid of so many dogs and not comitting to the life of an animal? I just said what many people here were thinking. Sue me.

Frag is OWNED by my ex. He's his dog. He paid for him, he raised him. I get to keep him while he's deployed, and he goes to visit Jon when he's home, but unfortunately he is not mine to keep. He's coming back from his deployment this fall and getting married and taking Frag to Kansas and I'm going to be heartbroken over it. I would love to keep Frag if I could and would never dream of getting rid of him.

I rehomed a dog last year. I didn't seek out a home for her, advertise, or otherwise. She didn't fit into my home at all and hated my other dogs and became very fear aggressive towards them. I dealt with it for over 6 months, when my parents asked if they could take her. I happily accepted. It was best for everyone. And I was certainly attacked and told that I dumped her numerous times by people on this forum for it in a much worse manner than we are doing now. I don't have a problem with people responsibly rehoming their pets. I have a problem with people who appear to be very wishy washy about what they want and get rid of dogs yearly. One time, maybe twice, I can see things not working out. Rehoming a dog because it doesn't like riding in the car? A lab (or two?), a dutchie, a pittie, a corgi, and two GSDs? That's a lot of dogs to go through in 4 years. She doesn't have to justify anything to anyone, but if she DOESN'T she needs to expect that people are going to feel this way about what she does when it does not appear neccessary to many people.

If anyone else came here and said this stuff, went through dogs this fast, they would be shunned and flamed. It's sickening to me there is such a double-standard. I lost respect for a LOT of people over this. Not because I'm a jerk, just because it's how I feel and I was raised to believe that dogs were not disposable.

You really can't let it go can you? I don't care that you think I'm breaking laws, I run a small business for fun. I didn't know what the name was when I picked it, but there didn't seem to be a problem with me registering for a business license with it after checking out the laws. If there were, I would have just changed it.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm

Last edited by DJEtzel; 08-06-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:08 AM
I'm All Ears

My washer broke while i was trying to wash towels for drying out my floor. Wtf is wrong? Why is everything breaking?
Old 08-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Top Dog

Some people want to.excel in sports, you have to get the right dog, puppies are a crapshoot and sometimes don't work out. It's just the way it is. As long as the dog is being rehomed responsibly, it shouldn't matter.

Makes me wonder what people say about me since I start puppies and then return them or sell them. They're never mine.to begin with but the vibe I'm getting is keep every dog regardless of good fit or not.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
Some people want to.excel in sports, you have to get the right dog, puppies are a crapshoot and sometimes don't work out. It's just the way it is. As long as the dog is being rehomed responsibly, it shouldn't matter.

Makes me wonder what people say about me since I start puppies and then return them or sell them. They're never mine.to begin with but the vibe I'm getting is keep every dog regardless of good fit or not.
If a dog isn't yours, it's one thing. If you're competing regularly for a very intense hobby or breeding, it's one thing. Neither of those things is the case here and most of the dogs in question weren't even purchased to compete with.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 08-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
If a dog isn't yours, it's one thing. If you're competing regularly for a very intense hobby or breeding, it's one thing. Neither of those things is the case here and most of the dogs in question weren't even purchased to compete with.
FYI, the Lab and Pit actually were my ex's dogs, thanks for asking. My Dutchie was unsafe for my FAMILY(he bit a child out of fear aggression with NO provocation), which is a priority for me. And then I believe you are referring to JASON'S dogs. So, if you have a problem with him, feel free to take it up, with HIM. Thanks.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:09 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Again, in case you missed someone else posting this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
I'm picking up a male, bicolor, GSD puppy from my friend's litter. He's going to be foundation trained here and then I'll decide to either keep him, or she's going to continue with him as her SchH prospect puppy.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Top Dog

And regardless if Falon was Aikon's temporary or forever home, it is still really hard and really upsetting to watch a puppy/dog you love and care for have serious health episodes and not fit into your dream plans for them.

Hell, I had a foster for two weeks that I thought was my Nextdog, but after a few days I realized he had more severe behaviour problems than I was prepared for, and had to give him back to the rescue. I was heart broken, felt like a failure (especially now since his foster home is doing amazing things with him), and that was only after 2 WEEKS!

So please, have some heart.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Top Dog

Yesterday was the anniversary of my grandmother's death. And I completely messed up something at work. And a SERVICE DOG BARKED AT ME.

I spent my lunch period in my car crying.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/
Old 08-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Original Twin

Quote:
Um, pretty sure Aikon was, in fact, a schutzhund prospect. Which IS an intense hobby and that he was supposed to a potential breeding dog. So really, way to contradict yourself all over the place. Your situation with Frag is the same as Falon's situation with her ex and his dogs, so way to be a hypocrite, too.