Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-06-2013, 12:01 AM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
We stress to people to buy from a reputable breeder, one what will be there to help you in the event of something like this. Then when someone DOES buy from a reputable breeder, puppy doesn't work out for whatever reason, so they exercise that option to "return to breeder" (which many breeders state IN contract that's what you have to do anyway) they get flamed for it.
Never thought we'd agree about something, but... Yeh, that. I honestly don't care if this is the first, or the third (for the record, pulling that number out of my ass because I have no idea if there's been more than one and don't care) dog she's gotten and returned to an ethical breeder. Some people want very specific dogs for very specific things, and that's OK. And you know what? Sometimes, dogs don't work out. Sometimes, people don't want "just pets" and don't want to wait 10-15 years for another working or sport prospect just because some overly idealistic furmommy came along and tried to guilt them into keeping a dog that isn't suited to their home or lifestyle. It's NOT as if this dog is being dumped off at the local pound or being locked in a crate and ignored until it's half dead. She's actually doing the responsible thing and working with her breeder to make sure that the dog is placed in a pet home that he's more suited for. The DOG is fine. The DOG is not being abused, is not emotionally scarred, and will get over it once he's settled into his new home and bonds with his new people.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:26 AM
such sights to show you

Oh, shoulder. Why u send me back to the acupuncturist?

Old 08-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Original Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
Never thought we'd agree about something, but... Yeh, that. I honestly don't care if this is the first, or the third (for the record, pulling that number out of my ass because I have no idea if there's been more than one and don't care) dog she's gotten and returned to an ethical breeder. Some people want very specific dogs for very specific things, and that's OK. And you know what? Sometimes, dogs don't work out. Sometimes, people don't want "just pets" and don't want to wait 10-15 years for another working or sport prospect just because some overly idealistic furmommy came along and tried to guilt them into keeping a dog that isn't suited to their home or lifestyle. It's NOT as if this dog is being dumped off at the local pound or being locked in a crate and ignored until it's half dead. She's actually doing the responsible thing and working with her breeder to make sure that the dog is placed in a pet home that he's more suited for. The DOG is fine. The DOG is not being abused, is not emotionally scarred, and will get over it once he's settled into his new home and bonds with his new people.

So much this.

I've SEEN Falon with Aikon. In person. I know how much she cares about her dogs. Sometimes doing the right thing ISN'T keeping them. With the issues that Aikon has had, not only do they make him iffy for IPO, they make him iffy for any sorts of other sports. So he's going back to his breeder, BFD. He isn't going to end up in a shelter or on the streets.

If you have a post count of like 15 and most of those posts are slamming other members, sorry, your opinion doesn't matter. At all. You are a non entity.

People get dogs for different reasons and even if YOU don't understand those reasons, it doesn't make them wrong. Not every dog is right for every situation or person.

Falon, I understand if you need a break, but please don't make it permanent because some people can't resist kicking someone when they are down. Your support system is far higher in numbers than the detractors.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
I can't say that I disagree with you a whole lot in this situation.

Falon, I'm honestly just really confused. You've placed at least 4 or 5 dogs since I've known you in the last few years for really minor things, in some cases. In this case, you say you absolutely adore this dog, and all that he can't do is be bred, *likely*, at this point. You're planning on another dog next year or the year after, to do something that Aikon seems perfectly capable of. You have a LOT of dogs that are perfectly capable of doing what you want them to do, whether it be IPO or sports. I mean, you have three sports dogs right now as it is. Why not keep him and just let him grow up, get another dog for breeding, and use Aikon in a few years to do more sports with instead of a new puppy?

Who really needs a dog, anyway?
Really, you are such a jerk. Didn't Frag live with your ex for awhile? Wouldn't that constitute getting rid of him even if it was a couple weeks?

I NEED a dog. You might not understand that, but my friends do.

To be a snarky bitch, do you Need a business whose name is plagiarized from a well known copyrighted entity?
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:19 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

(((huggies))) I am so sorry Falon that decision must have been heart breaking, but I know you are making the right decision for Aikon and yourself.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 08-06-2013, 02:26 AM
Top Dog

I need to get a TB test every year to volunteer at the zoo (which includes my practicum, which I need in order to graduate).

My TB test expired at the end of July.

There is a shortage of the stuff they use to do TB skin tests.

The alternative is a blood test.

The blood test costs $63 and is NOT covered by insurance.

I don't have $63 to spend on a test so I can work for free (it's not currently required in the department I work for pay in).
Old 08-06-2013, 04:26 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I have another vent.
but I just deleted the whole thing.
I... just don't know why I'm not good enough.
because I should be.
Yes, you are. You can have all my "good enough," if you want, to add to it. I don't have much, though.

I'm doing some things I thought I would never do.

That I definitely shouldn't do.

And I don't feel guilty.

I think the last part is the part that's bugging me the most. I spent some major time this week thinking it out and talking about it with a friend of mine, and, as he said. . . "I'm not going to tell you that you shouldn't. . . because I know you, and you'll do whatever you want to do."
Old 08-06-2013, 06:54 AM
Top Dog

Thanks for the link Equinox! I know I don't post a lot, but I am always reading the forums.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Falon, even though we're friends on facebook, I hope you'll decide to stay on Chaz.

It's a shame that people who responsibly rehome dogs get the same kind of treatment as people who dump their dogs in shelters.

Aikon (who is still a young puppy!) is going back to his breeder and will end up in an amazing home where he fits in perfectly. I wish all dogs could be this lucky. From everything I've read, Falon and her boyfriend are AMAZING dog owners. They both work with dogs on a daily basis and, on top of that, train and play sports with their own dogs.

Sometimes things just don't work out perfectly. What matters is that Falon is being a responsible owner who wants Aikon to be in the best home for him. It's very sad for Falon that it didn't work out, but I'd never say it's sad news for Aikon. He'll be back with his breeder and both she and Falon will find him his perfect forever home

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 08-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Also, Rudysgal, I wanted to add a direct quote from Falon from her thread when she was getting Aikon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
I'm picking up a male, bicolor, GSD puppy from my friend's litter. He's going to be foundation trained here and then I'll decide to either keep him, or she's going to continue with him as her SchH prospect puppy. I get to name him and I need A names! Jason has difficulty pronouncing names with R's in it in most ways (his litter name is Auric, which I really like, Jason cannot pronounce).
From the very beginning, Falon planned on training him and possibly returning him. This isn't any kind of secret- she's been open from the beginning of getting this dog.

She's had the dog for a VERY short time (4 months?). Your comments in this thread are entirely inappropriate for this situation

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep