Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
I'm confused - how can they say "something" and not what. I'm a Med Tech, so I used to do the hematology tests. Was it contaminated perhaps?
I really don't know. I asked my mom what "something" means and she just said again "They said they saw something and he had to come in tomorrow for another test and to immediately see the doctor afterward."

Please don't feel like you need to disappear or anything. But I understand the temptation. And the temptation to not say anything. I posted very little about Pepper when I first had her and was struggling to decide what to do with her and when I did post was jumped on about it, so I went back to not saying anything. It is, to be quite frank, really nobody else's business. Nobody else knows what is in your heart when it comes to having to make a decision like this. (If they did I expect they would shut their mouths.)
It is a blessed individual who has never had to worry about if a dog, especially one you love, is the right match for you and your family.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Turns out pulling dogs from shelters is trickier than I originally thought!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 08-05-2013, 10:40 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudysgal View Post
Unreal.
Yes, the idea that this puppy is "suffering" because he was "forced to live in multiple homes" IS unreal. And that because YOU can't wrap your head around something means it is always badwrong for everyone else is unreal, too. Also, equating thinking about and planning for Nextdog with not enjoying the dogs one already has... that's pretty unreal, too.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:59 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Yes, the idea that this puppy is "suffering" because he was "forced to live in multiple homes" IS unreal. And that because YOU can't wrap your head around something means it is always badwrong for everyone else is unreal, too. Also, equating thinking about and planning for Nextdog with not enjoying the dogs one already has... that's pretty unreal, too.
Wait ... What? What is unreal? (Goes off to back read thread)
Old 08-05-2013, 11:09 PM
I'm All Ears

Great dog training day. Came home and my carpet is flooded. . Landlord cane over and it's the AC. Bah. I swear things all happen at once. Between that and my car.

I didn't get to eat dinner.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Duuuuude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
But, at this point, if there's going to be a general problem, I can just disappear for awhile. I don't need to have others making me feel bad just because they are capable of doing so. Additionally, many of you that have been so supportive, and nice, are friends with me on FB so I am sure I'll still "see" everyone
As someone who doesn't have you on Facebook (or any Chazzers for that matter which is very disappointing to me, but I don't know how to find y'all and I don't want to be creepy about it, haha) I would really prefer you stayed. You've had what, 2 people being rude about it? I think the vast majority of us understand why you're doing it and support you in doing so. I'm also pretty confident that the vast majority of us would miss you if you left, even if just for a while! I think you always have interesting and valuable input on things, and I admit that I totally, shamelessly love your dogs and enjoy hearing about them and seeing pics.

BUT, if that's what you feel you need to do, then that's what you gotta do. I think most everyone would understand that, too.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 08-05-2013, 11:23 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
I was going to say I think I was the one that coined Nextdog. I certainly play a ton with my current dogs even though neither is an ideal sports candidate. Heck one is 9 and just starting and the other may have a shortened career. I like researching Nextdog. *shrug*. For the record I've never rehomed a dog. If that matters. I thought Nextdog was kind of a cute term lol. It had nothing to do with current dogs at all.

Through this board I've made several good potential connections. Nextdog is hopefully going to be a sports dog with a long career. It's my hobby. I spend a lot of time and money in it. I want everything to hopefully work out well as can be because i know i dont have it in me to rehome a dog unless it was a really unusual situation. That's why researching and planning nextdog is important.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paviche View Post
As someone who doesn't have you on Facebook (or any Chazzers for that matter which is very disappointing to me, but I don't know how to find y'all and I don't want to be creepy about it, haha) I would really prefer you stayed. You've had what, 2 people being rude about it? I think the vast majority of us understand why you're doing it and support you in doing so. I'm also pretty confident that the vast majority of us would miss you if you left, even if just for a while! I think you always have interesting and valuable input on things, and I admit that I totally, shamelessly love your dogs and enjoy hearing about them and seeing pics.

BUT, if that's what you feel you need to do, then that's what you gotta do. I think most everyone would understand that, too.
I agree with this.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Top Dog

Falon, I think it's pretty clear that the vast majority of us think you're incredible (and we love your dogs and your photos) Also, you already know that I love you and Kastle and Limit and Eden and Robin and Poppy and Pan and Steele (I THINK that's his name!) and Topsy and Turvy and that awesome boy Vex who I still want (poop smears and all). I know I must have missed some, but point is, I love you and the crew, so that should be more than enough love for you to stick around Although I absolutely understand it if you'd rather not, or if you want to take a break - it's going to be an incredibly tough few days/weeks for you emotionally, and you don't need others bringing you down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paviche View Post
As someone who doesn't have you on Facebook (or any Chazzers for that matter which is very disappointing to me, but I don't know how to find y'all and I don't want to be creepy about it, haha)
You aren't in the Chaz Facebook group? I'll PM you and send you a link, or add you on FB and then to the group I swear, half of what goes on around Chaz happens on Facebook LOL
Old 08-05-2013, 11:33 PM
I'm All Ears

I should fix my Facebook. That's probably why I'm always out of the loop.

I actually coined Nextdog on dogforums. Lol my term has spread.