Old 08-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Top Dog

Trying to pack up and move.

Ran out of boxes. Fail.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
What do you mean? It's just missing? Is Recon neutered?
Just missing. As best as the vet and any other dog person can tell, it's not up in there anywhere and never has been able to be palpated. He's not neutered. Just got one dangly.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 08-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Just missing. As best as the vet and any other dog person can tell, it's not up in there anywhere and never has been able to be palpated. He's not neutered. Just got one dangly.
Many cryptorchids have testicles that are up in their abdomens and unable to be palpated. Probably not an issue now, but something to keep in mind if he has any issues down the line. That's far more likely than a dog born without a second testicle.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Testicles that are retained in the abdomen can develop sertoli cell tumors or seminoma; the dog can also experience testicular torsion (just what it sounds like, and I imagine as painful as it sounds.) Unaltered cryptorchid dogs are also flat out more likely to develop testicular cancer.

Auggie's undescended testicle was tucked up in his abdomen by his hip. The vet found it quickly, removed it easily, and it left a very small scar.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Top Dog

My husband let Rhys chew the ****ing laptop cord. That's what I mean when I say you have to watch him!!!! Damnit!!!!! We have been so good and so structured, Rhys is an awesome puppy, but I'm so ****ing mad about the stupid cord! I don't want Rhys getting into stuff, for his own safety. Watch him for ****'s sake!!!

Old 08-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Testicles that are retained in the abdomen can develop sertoli cell tumors or seminoma; the dog can also experience testicular torsion (just what it sounds like, and I imagine as painful as it sounds.) Unaltered cryptorchid dogs are also flat out more likely to develop testicular cancer.

Auggie's undescended testicle was tucked up in his abdomen by his hip. The vet found it quickly, removed it easily, and it left a very small scar.
This. It's not just gone. It's there somewhere. Trouble waiting to happen. Undescended testicles should be removed.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 08-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Emotional black mail is my faaaaaavorite. I got contacted by a friend of a friend and HER friend was deported, leaving behind her two dogs with someone who wants them gone now or as she tells me, she'll euthanize them or leave them at the pound- "which ever is free or cheapest." One is a young Golden Retriever, not good with other males, with zero medical done and not altered, but I found him a rescue within 10 minutes. The other is a 9 year old spayed Pit/Boxer mix, friendly with every thing, UTD and no one will take her.

The friend is located in West Virginia and said if the Pitty can get to her, she'll happily have her. I can work out a transport, but I have to go pick up her up and hold her here until the route is filled. Not a big deal, but it hasn't been two weeks since Elsa was adopted and I'm trying to take a break and heal from her absence. She has no where else to go, so of course I can't say no.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
My husband let Rhys chew the ****ing laptop cord. That's what I mean when I say you have to watch him!!!! Damnit!!!!! We have been so good and so structured, Rhys is an awesome puppy, but I'm so ****ing mad about the stupid cord! I don't want Rhys getting into stuff, for his own safety. Watch him for ****'s sake!!!
Do you have a warranty on your laptop? Pirate did this when he was small and I sent it to the company as it was still under warranty. They replaced the cord, no questions asked.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
Just got a phone call from my bosses telling me that my fellow staff are pretty fed up with me. That they understand the stress of the past few months, but that they've reached their limit.

We had the "what direction do you want to go" talk.

My answer was finding a new job in the next two months.

Sigh.
That sucks. I'm sorry.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Laptop cords are super cheap on amazon.. Not that I've had to replace a few or anything....

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie