Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-31-2013, 07:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
Aikon had some sort of...event last night. Seizure/huge spasm...thing? He lost control of his motor skills and scared the crap out of me.

He also only has one nut...which makes showing him in conformation difficult. Do they drop after 6 months or is this it?
Oh no! Vibes for Aikon!

My vet told me to wait until a year to see if Recon's second nut would drop. Turns out he doesn't have a second!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:06 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

When am I supposed to stop feeling anxious/unsettled? Even when I'm relaxing, I'm really not...feels like I'm just trying to bide time before going to do something I really don't want to do.

I'm kind of over it.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:18 PM
Obey the Toad.

I don't like my job, am stressed at work, and am too tired to do anything productive when I get home. It would be a slight consultation if I made more, but I don't. There is also no opportunity for advancement.

DH knows I want to be home more and knows I'm not happy and keep telling me I just quit and stay home for a while, then if I feel I need to do something get a job I really enjoy. I keep saying no, but it's getting more tempting by the day....

Beanie, it will get better, and you are cared about by many, many people. I wish we lived closer--DH is great with computers. (((Hugs)))

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:18 PM
orange iguanas.

I hate Wednesdays. I get up at 6:30am, start work at 8, get off at 7pm. I have Thursdays off so I would LIKE to do things after work and enjoy my evening, since I don't have to get up in the morning. But, by the time I get home, eat dinner, take the dogs for a walk, take a shower... it's like 9:30/10pm and I am completely exhausted and feel like I don't even have time to do anything. I have some things I wanted to get done tonight but I'm tired and will probably just read a chapter in my book and go to bed. I don't have the energy to be productive.

It's amazing the difference 1 hour makes. When I get off at 6pm, I feel like I have way more time to do things after work.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 07-31-2013, 10:32 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I have started grinding / clinching my teeth while I am awake again (I have had a habit of doing it while I sleep sometimes, but now I have started doing it when I am awake too. Meh :/

Old 07-31-2013, 11:04 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Not much of a vent, but I had to have brackets for my seats custom made because race seats are absolutely not designed with women in mind, and they aren't here yet. Track day is in a little over two weeks, so there's still time. Also need harnesses, and I can't find purple Corbeaus anywhere.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:04 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Ahhh I love my job

You should try to get on as a groom at a race track I'm your area (if there is one) I as working track maintenance & the opportunity to leave & try my hand at grooming just fell into my lap.

I love the animals (race horses are a different kind of cool ) I love being outside & I love horsey barn smells
Sadly all we have around here is pleasure barns that don't ride their horses correctly. I still wouldn't mind working as a barn person somewhere, but I'd LOVE a racetrack job. I've been seriously looking into an OTTB for my next horse. Pretty sure that's the way I'm going to go.

I know there is at least one racetrack on the east side of the state, but I don't think any over here (I'm on the west side).

Old 07-31-2013, 11:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Oh no! Vibes for Aikon!

My vet told me to wait until a year to see if Recon's second nut would drop. Turns out he doesn't have a second!
Did they go in looking for the second? They can be extremely hidden in there...we had one dog at work whose testicle was found way back and close to his spine. Long surgery to find that one
Old 07-31-2013, 11:37 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I would like to find a new job.

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:45 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
Sadly all we have around here is pleasure barns that don't ride their horses correctly. I still wouldn't mind working as a barn person somewhere, but I'd LOVE a racetrack job. I've been seriously looking into an OTTB for my next horse. Pretty sure that's the way I'm going to go.

I know there is at least one racetrack on the east side of the state, but I don't think any over here (I'm on the west side).
I think you have harness tracks up there right? I am not familiar with those horses but I am sure the fundamentals of husbandry for them is the same.

Bless you for considering an OTTTB, so many "non race" people think they are all crazy, stupid brainless idiots. Which is NOT true. I love to see OTTTB's in the regular riding world, is shows people that there is life after racing .

I wish you were closer, there are a fee trainers here that are looking to downsize their barns (the horses are fine physically but they are just not fast)