Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Top Dog

This stupid flossie thing is ruining my Hawaii trip. Beaches are closed excursions are canceled AND IT'S JUST A LITTLE RAIN!

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 07-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I don't think so, it's the whole thing that wasn't covered. The office visit, the lab work, and the "doctor's fee" which is apparently a new thing hospitals around here are doing. Nothing at all is covered until I hit my deductible, except I thought when I read over everything before that it said my annual was covered. It says in their generic "women's booklet" that your annual MAY be covered. Well, my plan blows. So MAY means IS NOT for me.
It's my fault for misunderstanding what Obamacare was doing (because seriously, I thought "one annual visit covered" meant, you know, one annual visit covered. I asked my co-worker who is far more politically minded than me and it was his understanding that's how it worked as well... but I guess not.) and for not reading the chart more closely.

It doesn't really matter, it's not like I could just NOT have my annual. I just didn't realize that bill was going to show up. So now I have to cancel my appointment with my dermatologist because I can't afford both. Hope skipping my annual with my dermatologist doesn't bite me in the ass later because I really can't afford melanoma.

my head is killing me and has been ever since we got the news of our pay cut.

being poor is really bad for your health.
I only do Medicare Advantage stuff - but - I do know that some commercial plans were offering the $0 annual. Like the Medicare Advantage stuff, it really matters where you get your test done and what exactly was done. Is your doctor in your network? Does anything and everything count towards your deductible?

If your insurance carrier does not provide you a Summary of Benefits, I would call them and find out exactly why no payment was made. You have some kind of booklet, I take it? Ask the carrier to define what they mean by what is in the book. If what you got, and their definition match, you could probably ask them to reconsider. The provider could have billed it wrong - it might be the difference between a routine physical and a well woman exam.

Edit - your plan can't tell you or your provider how to bill, so they won't tell you what codes to use if the provider DID bill it wrong.

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 07-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
(Did have a really cool dream about these giant alien bugs attacking a town, though. We went all Doctor-esque on them.)
God I LOVE Doctor Who dreams. THE BEST. I haven't had one in a long time. I think I need to take a bottle of melatonin and marathon some weird episodes to induce some lol.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:19 PM
Top Dog

Terrible UTI just came on...

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 07-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Sport Model Pug

Icing my hand for a second night. Tomorrows workout needs my fingers to work. This sucks. Stupid ping pong table. Plus it's a really cool night so my ice pack is especially cold.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-30-2013, 06:36 AM
Top Dog

If I cooked at someone else's house, I would never dream of leaving a dirty pot in the sink for over two days or leaving the stove top a total mess or leaving smelly food garbage in the garbage when it should go in the green bin...what is with people?? CLEAN UP YOUR ****!!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:12 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

So frustrated right now with my job, but can't really do anything about it right now. I need to make more money and I need healthcare. My work offers health care but it takes out a big chunk of your paycheck and from what I've heard it's really crappy health coverage plans. Sucks. Getting health care that is affordable outside of a job that offers health care is next to impossible when Josh and I both have pre existing conditions.

So frustrated with some stuff at work though, but can't really go into much detail on here. I'm just reaching a point where I'm done though and really want to work somewhere else. Problem is most dog related jobs out here don't seem to pay much and I've worked myself up to shift leader at this job which means a little higher pay though it still isn't a lot. In order to get the income I'm shooting for I may have to look for a job outside of dogs and the thought of that makes me ill. Just frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 07-30-2013, 09:46 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Ugh my stomach feels in a knot right now. I passed by a homeless guy on my way to get gas in my car. Afterward I went to the local CVS to return a red box. The same homeless man had made his way over to CVC and was sitting in the grass under a tree. His sign said he was hungry so I decided to get him some breakfast. As I was walking towards CVS I saw him pull out a cigarette and light it. Right then I changed my mind about getting him food and figured if he can afford cigarettes he can afford a small bite to eat. In that moment I completely judged him and I feel like a terrible person because of it. I don't know his story. I don't know his situation. For all I know someone could have given him that cigarette. I have no idea. All I know is I completely judged this man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 07-30-2013, 09:56 AM
aka RedHotBabe

I don't talk to my mom and haven't for awhile. I'm not sure if this upsets, irritates, or angers her, possibly all three, but every now and then my sisters and I will get an email from her. Perhaps she's trying to be apologetic, but they all always say the same thing - "I'm sorry, but I made the right decision and I'm the happiest I've ever been." If you're going to continue to tell me you were right in the way you handled things and are happy with your actions, I'm probably going to continue to not talk to you. Admit you screwed up, because you did. There are ways to pursue your happiness, and yours could not have been more wrong.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:56 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Just feeling really sad.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)