Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Top Dog

**** day!

My favorite chicken had what I guess was a heart attack while I was feeding her went from running around/chowing down to lying down to convulsing to dead in about 10 seconds. My gut tells me this is a consequence of purchasing 11 new chicks yesterday, but logically that doesn't make sense.

Then I spent all day driving around looking for a cheap pre hung door with a window for the new coop, got lost a lot and was unsuccessful in getting a door.

Then the stupid van suddenly died when I was going onto a bridge, I got it on the bit of road just before the divider as the lanes split, so at least I wasn't totally blocking traffic, but it wasn't good... first time that's happened to me and it sucked.

A dashing officer of the law stopped and was really nice though!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:48 AM
aka RedHotBabe

I just took the longest shower and I still smell like oil. I'm also pretty sure I have dirty, disgusting synthetic oil still in my hair. It's impossible to get out.

Oh, and I'm covered in oil because I clearly still refuse to believe that I have less than two inches of clearance between the ground and my oil pan. The rock won this time.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:54 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
I just took the longest shower and I still smell like oil. I'm also pretty sure I have dirty, disgusting synthetic oil still in my hair. It's impossible to get out.

Oh, and I'm covered in oil because I clearly still refuse to believe that I have less than two inches of clearance between the ground and my oil pan. The rock won this time.
Can't you get a skid plate for that? Or is that the next plan?

My transfer case, gas tank and something else all have armor on them on the Jeep. Well, both Jeeps actually.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:13 AM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Can't you get a skid plate for that? Or is that the next plan?

My transfer case, gas tank and something else all have armor on them on the Jeep. Well, both Jeeps actually.
I'm embarrassed to admit that I own a skid plate... And motor mount spacers. And neither are on the car.

Yes I'm stupid. Don't judge me. -_-
Old 07-24-2013, 01:16 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
I'm embarrassed to admit that I own a skid plate... And motor mount spacers. And neither are on the car.

Yes I'm stupid. Don't judge me. -_-
ROFL.

Dawn will get oil out, btw, I'm sure you know that. Then wash it with something really moisturizing, or leave like coconut oil in it overnight. Should help with the oil in the hair issue.

The skid plate, I just laughed lol. I'm rather glad I have the gas tank skid on the Grand Cherokee, I bottomed the a*s end out one time coming down hill, and I'm sure it would have busted the gas tank open if it didn't have armor on it.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:10 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
FWIW I have had the plastic cover off the bottom of the front of my car for...well, almost as long as I had the car. Took it off to replace the radiator and we decided to keep it off until we know the leak is fixed. Well, here we are 10 months later, and the leak is still not fixed lol.

And that brings up another vent. I want out of this car. Like, NOW. I just get the feeling it's running on borrowed time. The AC has started to flicker (it takes some wiggling to get it to say on AC), the anti-lock brake light has decided to come on for no apparent reason twice now, it still leaks coolant and I have a feeling it's the intake manifold if not something worse, the windows are all slowly dying (except the back ones are dead already, and the sun roof works perfectly). And it has a **** 3rd cylinder misfire that I'm starting to think is related to the coolant leak. Oh, and a vacuum line that's crap, and I can't find the fitting I need for it ANYWHERE. So it's held together with many layers of purple duct tape, just like the windows. And it gets crap for gas mileage. AND the passenger side windshield wiper doesn't work. Just decided to die over the winter. Speaking of winter, the heater only works shortly after I fill it with coolant, because after a while enough leaks out that there's not enough to heat in the heater coil. Which means it takes forever to de-ice that car, and I can't even just spray it with windshield washer fluid and turn on the wipers and hope for the best (my preferred method of de-icing) because of the nonworking windshield wiper. And the speakers are all starting to go out, it devoured my tape adapter, and it decided to shed ALL THE KNOBS. And I lose the button on my shifter at least a couple times a week and have to search for it because it's not attached and my finger isn't long enough to go without the button. And I need a new O2 sensor. But I think that's it.

Oh, no, wait, I also keep forgetting to get my stupid flat tire fixed, so I've had a donut on it for a couple months now. And two of the good tires are going to need to be replaced soon.

BUT HEY. AT LEAST I HAVE NEW OIL AND NEW TRANSMISSION FLUID. And i guess I ALWAYS have new coolant. Screw 50,000 miles, mine gets changed every 200 miles!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:00 AM
dogstrong

Quote:
So is jizz, for the record.

Not that I would know.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 07-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Top Dog

My baby is two months old so I figured it was time to join a fitness class to get this body back in shape. I went on Monday night.

Now I can't walk or lift my right arm. Stupid body.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Top Dog

Ben should know in about 2 weeks if he got the job he was interviewing for. It is going to be a very long 2 weeks.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 07-24-2013, 02:03 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
ROFL.

Dawn will get oil out, btw, I'm sure you know that. Then wash it with something really moisturizing, or leave like coconut oil in it overnight. Should help with the oil in the hair issue.

The skid plate, I just laughed lol. I'm rather glad I have the gas tank skid on the Grand Cherokee, I bottomed the a*s end out one time coming down hill, and I'm sure it would have busted the gas tank open if it didn't have armor on it.
I didn't even think to bring the Dawn upstairs. Duh. I started using shampoo and quickly realized that wasn't going to help at all. It's still oily and it smells, like, engine.

Skid plate goes on today. As long as I can get it in place by myself. It's heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
FWIW I have had the plastic cover off the bottom of the front of my car for...well, almost as long as I had the car. Took it off to replace the radiator and we decided to keep it off until we know the leak is fixed. Well, here we are 10 months later, and the leak is still not fixed lol.

And that brings up another vent. I want out of this car. Like, NOW. I just get the feeling it's running on borrowed time. The AC has started to flicker (it takes some wiggling to get it to say on AC), the anti-lock brake light has decided to come on for no apparent reason twice now, it still leaks coolant and I have a feeling it's the intake manifold if not something worse, the windows are all slowly dying (except the back ones are dead already, and the sun roof works perfectly). And it has a **** 3rd cylinder misfire that I'm starting to think is related to the coolant leak. Oh, and a vacuum line that's crap, and I can't find the fitting I need for it ANYWHERE. So it's held together with many layers of purple duct tape, just like the windows. And it gets crap for gas mileage. AND the passenger side windshield wiper doesn't work. Just decided to die over the winter. Speaking of winter, the heater only works shortly after I fill it with coolant, because after a while enough leaks out that there's not enough to heat in the heater coil. Which means it takes forever to de-ice that car, and I can't even just spray it with windshield washer fluid and turn on the wipers and hope for the best (my preferred method of de-icing) because of the nonworking windshield wiper. And the speakers are all starting to go out, it devoured my tape adapter, and it decided to shed ALL THE KNOBS. And I lose the button on my shifter at least a couple times a week and have to search for it because it's not attached and my finger isn't long enough to go without the button. And I need a new O2 sensor. But I think that's it.

Oh, no, wait, I also keep forgetting to get my stupid flat tire fixed, so I've had a donut on it for a couple months now. And two of the good tires are going to need to be replaced soon.

BUT HEY. AT LEAST I HAVE NEW OIL AND NEW TRANSMISSION FLUID. And i guess I ALWAYS have new coolant. Screw 50,000 miles, mine gets changed every 200 miles!
I don't have one of those plastic shield/cover things. Not that it does much anyway, and the rock was pretty determined to ruin my day. After annihilating my pan, it bounced up and lodged itself between the trans and dog bone mount and proceeded to get a ride home with me. I have an actual metal skid plate. No rocks will be penetrating its awesomeness.

It's highly unlikely, and I'd like to say even impossible, for the coolant leak to be the intake manifold. It's just air. There shouldn't be coolant there. (The S4 always manages the impossible, though, so never say never, I guess. Lol.) But, if you have a coolant leak, and you think the misfire is related to said coolant leak... then it's probably the head gasket. But that super sucks, so pretend I never said that.

I would also probably replace the O2 sensor, especially if it's the front. That will definitely destroy your gas mileage. And the vacuum leak. Can you pull codes? That might help in figuring some of the problems out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
So is jizz, for the record.

Not that I would know.
Um...