Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-19-2013, 12:33 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Should have never came home tonight

I get a text from josh saying there is dog crap everywhere and OMG its everywhere!!!! So I stop on the way home to get some carpet cleaner and when I got home there was a couple spots where Bamm had pooped and there was a blood trail from blood coming out with the poo. Spent forever cleaning everything and had to walk Bamm a few times in the process. Then my husband starts freaking out because he saw a flea on the bed apparently. I didn't find any fleas and wonder if he may have seen a gnat instead, but I sprayed this flea stuff all over my bed.

I wanted to come home and sleep. Instead I came home and had to deal with chaos and a dog that doesn't feel so well. Fml
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 07-19-2013, 12:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttkip View Post
Beau refused one of his favorite foods and he's starting to look like he's going down hill

I'm also having a hard time keeping weight on him no matter what I feed him.

I'm starting to think about having a long talk with him and giving him one last good day

Vibes would be nice to see if its just a fluke and him just being picky

I hate seeing my best friend getting older and my life is just beginning. It's not ****ing fair!!!! He's only 11, he's supposed to live until I die
11 isn't very old for a hound, you might want to start with a basic blood profile.
There are many treatable things that cause weight loss. just today we diagnosed a dog as diabetic (through bloodwork, of course) after he lost almost 20 lbs in just over two weeks
Old 07-19-2013, 12:34 AM
LABRADERP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Have you considered running some bloodwork or something on him? Is he on heartworm prevention? At least you could get some answers and go from there. There are plenty of things that are treatable (lyme, heartworms, etc) even at his age.
He's on heart worm meds, and I haven't thought of running blood on him.

I'm hoping to save up some money to get him to the vet to run a few tests, until then though I'm going to stick with smelly nasty wet food mixed in with his regular dry food to get some weight back on him.

He woofed down the food tonight when I mixed in some of his favorite canned food which is Mighty Dog. So that's a good sign.

And I'm also thinking since it has done nothing but rain everyday this summer that the humidity is taking it's toll on the old guy :/
10/01/2013
Gunslinger's Snowfall Banshee Scream "Takoda"
03/22/2010
Forever in my heart
Murray's Bojangles is High Rollin' "Beau"
11/03/2002-11/21/2013
Old 07-19-2013, 01:23 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Seriously just had a couple of kids catcall me with "Dat ass". I turned around and said "Really?! You guys are like, 12 years old." Their reply: "Uh, we're *14*, baby."

My reaction was a combination of the following:

I just died a little.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:47 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Seriously just had a couple of kids catcall me with "Dat ass". I turned around and said "Really?! You guys are like, 12 years old." Their reply: "Uh, we're *14*, baby."

My reaction was a combination of the following:

Oh my...

My vent of the day: Some random guy in the park decided to jerk off next to me. I didn't realize what was happening (I was reading, faced the other way) until a nice woman came up to me to warn me.
When she said something he ran off... and I spent the next 10 minutes going ewwww. ew. ewwww.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:14 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
:My vent of the day: Some random guy in the park decided to jerk off next to me. I didn't realize what was happening (I was reading, faced the other way) until a nice woman came up to me to warn me.
When she said something he ran off... and I spent the next 10 minutes going ewwww. ew. ewwww.
Is it bad that this just made me LOL?!
Old 07-19-2013, 02:48 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerotti View Post
Is it bad that this just made me LOL?!
Don't worry, it wasn't just you.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-19-2013, 02:52 AM
Top Dog

I ordered a bag of Clark's gecko diet over a week ago. According to my USPS tracking number, a shipping label was created a week ago. BUT THE **** THING HAS STILL NOT BEEN SHIPPED. My gecko is hungry. He wants food NAO. Fortunately I still have some Big Fat Gecko Smoothie left, but I only have one meal of that left after today, too. I'm SO PISSED at PMP reptiles right now. Clark's is Jagger's favorite food EVAR but if I can't count on my food getting here is a reasonable amount of time, I obviously can't use it regularly. So that means I'll probably have to switch to 100% big Fat Gecko Smoothie. Repashy (the only food available locally) is out of the question because Jagger won't touch it, and I'm not a fan of the formula or the company anyway (lots of shady things I've seen from him lately, and I'd just rather not risk it).

I WANT MY ****ING GECKO FOOD AND I WANT IT NOW!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm All Ears

I feel like a bitch for even complaining but I was really looking forward to a nice quiet weekend by myself with the dogs. We were so busy the last few weeks with moving my dad (I helped in exchange for some furniture), then having my sister over, then the agility trial last weekend.... I'm exhausted. We did a happy hour last night and had a fun time. Got home and Beau was sick everywhere. This morning at 8 am (trying to sleep off last night) I got a call that my sister needs to bunk out here again.

I feel like a jerk for being annoyed. I really wanted to get my house all cleaned and organize my closest but now I'm going to have to entertain her....
Old 07-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I ordered a bag of Clark's gecko diet over a week ago. According to my USPS tracking number, a shipping label was created a week ago. BUT THE **** THING HAS STILL NOT BEEN SHIPPED. My gecko is hungry. He wants food NAO. Fortunately I still have some Big Fat Gecko Smoothie left, but I only have one meal of that left after today, too. I'm SO PISSED at PMP reptiles right now. Clark's is Jagger's favorite food EVAR but if I can't count on my food getting here is a reasonable amount of time, I obviously can't use it regularly. So that means I'll probably have to switch to 100% big Fat Gecko Smoothie. Repashy (the only food available locally) is out of the question because Jagger won't touch it, and I'm not a fan of the formula or the company anyway (lots of shady things I've seen from him lately, and I'd just rather not risk it).

I WANT MY ****ING GECKO FOOD AND I WANT IT NOW!
That sucks!

I just bought 1 lb of Repashy. They've been on Clark's, I hope they eat the Repashy.

You could always try the Canadian dealer of Clark's, geckobrothel.com, though I'm sure the shipping is more.