Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7211  
Old 07-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Greenmagick's Avatar
Greenmagick Greenmagick is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I am not proud of it, but it is part of my character & I will not hide or pretend that I don't do it. I just don't like being judged for Doug something that everyone else's does!
Its not about hiding it, its about being mature and empathetic enough to not make decisions based on judgements and to work on NOT making them. Its about when you do find yourself judging, trying to look at the other side, realizing you may not have all the facts or the whole picture, etc. I make them way less now then I used to because I work on it.

Now, I am still an extremely opinionated person and definitely have strong feelings on issues...but I work really hard not to pigeon hole people based on those and without a doubt I know there are very few, if any, black and whites in this world, its all shades of grey.

And yeah, I could give a flying flip about what someone else is wearing, looking like, etc. Certain outfits I may give a second look to but thats it. I would never say oh well I can be a rude asshat and stare because they are "asking for it"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7212  
Old 07-14-2013, 04:01 PM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 5,033
Default

I do think that if you dress in an unusual or attention getting way it shouldn't come as a shock if you get some looks as a result. I think it's disrespectful to say something to the person or openly mock them though-that's just douchy. We are visual creatures though and visual creatures look at stuff....

I have a friend who has even less fashion sense than I do (and that's an accomplishment), and I've gotten used to how she dresses and don't even notice it anymore. DH went with us somewhere recently and afterward was like, "So what was up with her outfit"... Some people just notice that stuff, but he would never have said that TO her though.

The right of freedom of speech does most definitely include the right be say assholeish things to people though, it's not just respectful debate and contructve criticism that is protected-lol.
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
  #7213  
Old 07-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Romy's Avatar
Romy Romy is offline
Taxiderpy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 10,039
Default

The lady working at the gas station near my house is being held hostage at gunpoint by her freaky creeper ex, there are snipers crawling all over the place, and I hope she gets out of it alive. It's been several hours now. If you guys have chazvibes to spare for her, please do. She's a really sweet lady and deserves to live.
Reply With Quote
  #7214  
Old 07-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
Nuke it from orbit ...
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
The lady working at the gas station near my house is being held hostage at gunpoint by her freaky creeper ex, there are snipers crawling all over the place, and I hope she gets out of it alive. It's been several hours now. If you guys have chazvibes to spare for her, please do. She's a really sweet lady and deserves to live.
*vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes*

I don't know why bad things happen to nice people
__________________
If there are any typos, it means I am on my phone LOL



Reply With Quote
  #7215  
Old 07-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Grab's Avatar
Grab Grab is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Is it just me or does it really tell a lot about a person when this is by far their most commonly posted thread?

My vent is my mosquito bites itch and I can't rid my mouth of last nights garlic even after three brushings.
I do not miss the mosquitoes of IL. I'm moderately allergic, or something, and always get massive, itchy spots. God help me if we ever move to a mosquito laden state.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7216  
Old 07-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Grab's Avatar
Grab Grab is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
The lady working at the gas station near my house is being held hostage at gunpoint by her freaky creeper ex, there are snipers crawling all over the place, and I hope she gets out of it alive. It's been several hours now. If you guys have chazvibes to spare for her, please do. She's a really sweet lady and deserves to live.
How horrible! I hope it ends peacefully and safely
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7217  
Old 07-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Red Chrome's Avatar
Red Chrome Red Chrome is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
I do think that if you dress in an unusual or attention getting way it shouldn't come as a shock if you get some looks as a result. I think it's disrespectful to say something to the person or openly mock them though-that's just douchy. We are visual creatures though and visual creatures look at stuff....

I have a friend who has even less fashion sense than I do (and that's an accomplishment), and I've gotten used to how she dresses and don't even notice it anymore. DH went with us somewhere recently and afterward was like, "So what was up with her outfit"... Some people just notice that stuff, but he would never have said that TO her though.

The right of freedom of speech does most definitely include the right be say assholeish things to people though, it's not just respectful debate and contructve criticism that is protected-lol.
^This.

And...I have no fashion sense, I rely on my little sister fior help in that department when I want to make an effort to look nice, otherwise, it's whatever is clean in the laundry pile. Colors be damned. I just don't care what others think about the way I dress. I make sure I am comfortable in it and other than that, who the **** cares.
__________________
Osyrius SilverChrome GTOVonMarionHaus-OFA H/E DM Free CGC DDJ RN BH
WBBs BleauChrome Lady of TheCopa-CGC STARR Naughty RockStar
The BlackChrome Executioner VonMarionHaus-Puppy Terrorist
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Reply With Quote
  #7218  
Old 07-14-2013, 06:01 PM
-bogart- -bogart- is offline
Member of WHODAT Nation.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 3,183
Default

Ow Romy , I will VIBE as hard as I can , I so hope she makes it out and Psycho EX is stopped for good.



VIBES
Reply With Quote
  #7219  
Old 07-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is offline
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,589
Default

You know, just... no. Dealing with stupidity. I do it enough at work during the week. Not doing it in my free time either.

My vent is that the ignore feature doesn't also block when people are quoted.
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
  #7220  
Old 07-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Saeleofu Saeleofu is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post

My vent is that the ignore feature doesn't also block when people are quoted.

Agreed! Also, that stupid "show post" button is WAY too tempting sometimes.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site