Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I am not proud of it, but it is part of my character & I will not hide or pretend that I don't do it. I just don't like being judged for Doug something that everyone else's does!
Its not about hiding it, its about being mature and empathetic enough to not make decisions based on judgements and to work on NOT making them. Its about when you do find yourself judging, trying to look at the other side, realizing you may not have all the facts or the whole picture, etc. I make them way less now then I used to because I work on it.

Now, I am still an extremely opinionated person and definitely have strong feelings on issues...but I work really hard not to pigeon hole people based on those and without a doubt I know there are very few, if any, black and whites in this world, its all shades of grey.

And yeah, I could give a flying flip about what someone else is wearing, looking like, etc. Certain outfits I may give a second look to but thats it. I would never say oh well I can be a rude asshat and stare because they are "asking for it"
Old 07-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Obey the Toad.

I do think that if you dress in an unusual or attention getting way it shouldn't come as a shock if you get some looks as a result. I think it's disrespectful to say something to the person or openly mock them though-that's just douchy. We are visual creatures though and visual creatures look at stuff....

I have a friend who has even less fashion sense than I do (and that's an accomplishment), and I've gotten used to how she dresses and don't even notice it anymore. DH went with us somewhere recently and afterward was like, "So what was up with her outfit"... Some people just notice that stuff, but he would never have said that TO her though.

The right of freedom of speech does most definitely include the right be say assholeish things to people though, it's not just respectful debate and contructve criticism that is protected-lol.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Taxiderpy

The lady working at the gas station near my house is being held hostage at gunpoint by her freaky creeper ex, there are snipers crawling all over the place, and I hope she gets out of it alive. It's been several hours now. If you guys have chazvibes to spare for her, please do. She's a really sweet lady and deserves to live.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
The lady working at the gas station near my house is being held hostage at gunpoint by her freaky creeper ex, there are snipers crawling all over the place, and I hope she gets out of it alive. It's been several hours now. If you guys have chazvibes to spare for her, please do. She's a really sweet lady and deserves to live.
*vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes*

I don't know why bad things happen to nice people

Old 07-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Is it just me or does it really tell a lot about a person when this is by far their most commonly posted thread?

My vent is my mosquito bites itch and I can't rid my mouth of last nights garlic even after three brushings.
I do not miss the mosquitoes of IL. I'm moderately allergic, or something, and always get massive, itchy spots. God help me if we ever move to a mosquito laden state.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
How horrible! I hope it ends peacefully and safely
Old 07-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
I do think that if you dress in an unusual or attention getting way it shouldn't come as a shock if you get some looks as a result. I think it's disrespectful to say something to the person or openly mock them though-that's just douchy. We are visual creatures though and visual creatures look at stuff....

I have a friend who has even less fashion sense than I do (and that's an accomplishment), and I've gotten used to how she dresses and don't even notice it anymore. DH went with us somewhere recently and afterward was like, "So what was up with her outfit"... Some people just notice that stuff, but he would never have said that TO her though.

The right of freedom of speech does most definitely include the right be say assholeish things to people though, it's not just respectful debate and contructve criticism that is protected-lol.
^This.

And...I have no fashion sense, I rely on my little sister fior help in that department when I want to make an effort to look nice, otherwise, it's whatever is clean in the laundry pile. Colors be damned. I just don't care what others think about the way I dress. I make sure I am comfortable in it and other than that, who the **** cares.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Ow Romy , I will VIBE as hard as I can , I so hope she makes it out and Psycho EX is stopped for good.

VIBES
Old 07-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

You know, just... no. Dealing with stupidity. I do it enough at work during the week. Not doing it in my free time either.

My vent is that the ignore feature doesn't also block when people are quoted.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post

My vent is that the ignore feature doesn't also block when people are quoted.

Agreed! Also, that stupid "show post" button is WAY too tempting sometimes.