Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Have you tried what we call a " furisone sweat" (spelling??? The stuff in the black tub with the green cap) we use rolled cotton, then wrap it with plastic wrap (the cling stuff that comes in a roll) then cover with quilts, then standing wraps ... Not sure how it would effect the puncture, but it only would be left on during the night.

If that wouldn't work, if you have an aloe plant, just cut a leaf off & put some pure aloe on the wound ... Best stuff ever!

If not then that vetrycin (you know the spray that Clinton Anderson is always plugging on RFD TV) is also really awesome stuff.

Hope your horse gets better soon a injured/lame horse sucks
I know how to use a sweat bandages, furazone and/or with DMSO along with others sweats. Put thousands of them on over the years. That said, you don't put a sweat or heat on any kind of acute injury. Cold and ice to get the inflammation out first, then go to hot therapy, then back to cold. Typically on 3 day rotation.

I have Vetrycin, used it for years. But not worried about the wound at this point, it is nice and clean. I get a few more days on the wound healing and I'll switch treatments and probably throw a caustic powder or lime on it.

Just got back from the barn and treating her, barn is starting to look like a shedrow with all the wet cottons and bandages drying from the icing.

Should hear from my vet in the am, wondering if she should be on a better anti-imflammatory than Bute at this point.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
It is jarring to see sometimes BUT I also know in person I have been guilty of doing something similar. I am not trying to know exactly what is going on, or at all make it about myself, but, especially when anxious and at a loss for words, I will mention similar stories in an attempt to relate. I have been working on not doing that though.
I have a friend who did it constantly. Every time I had something rough happen in my life, and she would even press me to talk about it, I would tell her, and instead of offering me comfort or support she would tell me all about something in HER life that was maybe similar or maybe not. Sometimes it wasn't even similar and just started with "you think THAT'S bad? WELL guess what happened to ME." It was like a game in one-upping whatever bad thing was going on with me. I really don't believe she was trying to one-up me. She just thought a) it was an appropriate way to commiserate and b) a good way to get sympathy on whatever she was going through (and get out of offering any real sympathy to me, though again, I don't think she realized that's what she was doing.)
It's neither of those things.

In fact I still have friends who do it. "Wanna spend the next half hour hearing about how my life sucks too?" Or what they think is optimistic "My life sucked, but you wanna spend the next half hour hearing about how great it is now??" I'm not really sure if one is worse than the other since both completely avoid acknowledging what I'm going through except to transfer the suckiness onto the other individual...

Even if our experiences are 100% identical in occurrence. Even if we are standing next to each other when something horrible and tragic happens. Our experiences and feelings are not the same. It's why I hate the phrase "I know how you feel." No, no you do not. You might understand that I'm sad, or angry, or scared, or whatever - but you do not know how I feel.

I agree with Jess that it's understandable that people flounder for things to say and say inappropriate things - but that doesn't make it less inappropriate. I used to say "I know how you feel." I don't anymore.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-09-2013, 10:30 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Which is understandable. The person in question, that brought me to vent, was **** sure they know what the people going through the tragedy feel. They keep claiming it's the same as many other scenarios.

The tragedy is completely different from what the other person has ever gone through, and they cannot begin to imagine what the people are going through.

I don't know, I guess after seeing so much of it over the past few days, it got to the point that i had to vent about it, and thought the venting thread would be a good place.

I'm sorry, that made no sense. That was babbling. In other words, it's more the attitude of the person in question, rather than the words.

Though I have to say, I love the irony of a certain member being all "IT'S ALL ABOUT ME" about my vent.
I'm sorry ... Did I use anything saying "I know this is about me" or have the balls to quote me? No ... I did not.

I was replying to the fact that everyone expresses their sadness of this horrible situation differently (we all know what it feels like to lose a pet regardless of HOW they go, it still hurts all the same!)

It didn't even cross my mind that it was about me, but it was a very dirty jabbing passive aggressive post geared at those who are just trying to express their grief & sorrow in the only way they know how.

So ... Yeah ... Not cool man.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Why the hell are you even assuming it's occurring on this board or is related to a pet dying?

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
I'm sorry ... Did I use anything saying "I know this is about me" or have the balls to quote me? No ... I did not.

I was replying to the fact that everyone expresses their sadness of this horrible situation differently (we all know what it feels like to lose a pet regardless of HOW they go, it still hurts all the same!)

It didn't even cross my mind that it was about me, but it was a very dirty jabbing passive aggressive post geared at those who are just trying to express their grief & sorrow in the only way they know how.

So ... Yeah ... Not cool man.
You... Quoted me. Calling me passive aggressive. Did NOT quote the other people. So... Yes, you did? Nice try? LOL

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I'm in OCD wanna organize ALL THE TACK mode.

Also, dog we are sitting is SO annoying. Can't wait for her to leave on Thursday.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 07-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Why the hell are you even assuming it's occurring on this board or is related to a pet dying?
This, too.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-09-2013, 10:43 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
You... Quoted me. Calling me passive aggressive. Did NOT quote the other people. So... Yes, you did? Nice try? LOL
Think what you want, I quoted you because your post was the rudest ... At least to me.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Top Dog

I could use a lot of vibes right now. My world is getting shaken up a bit (or a lot) and I'm not sure what the cosmos has in store for me now. It might involve another move in the near future.

But the vent of it is that I can't figure out how I feel about it. Relief, sadness, anger, resentment, love...it's all floating around in my head and my heart and I just don't have the room for it right now. There's too much planning to do. I need logic right now, not emotions.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Think what you want, I quoted you because your post was the rudest ... At least to me.
Also, your post elsewhere about it means that you're just now in denial because you've been called out on being wrong. LOL