Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-09-2013, 08:53 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
My vent is people that take someone else's tragedy and try to pretend they know exactly what is going on and making it about themselves.

I also have a very important meeting at work tomorrow, and I'm nervous :-/
We all can relate about the pain of losing a pet.

Geese ... Passive aggressive much?

Last edited by Dogdragoness; 07-09-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:25 PM
retriever crazy

my phone is broken.. grumble grumble

D.O.B 11/27/10
D.O.B 08/09/12
Old 07-09-2013, 09:31 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post

I have to say I actually agree and I totally saw this
Coming.

This is just someone trying to relate. NO ONE knows what to say... Nitpicking at the things posted is not helping anyone

I know it's just because people have a dislike for the poster but can we please put that aside for a moment and just let people express their sorrow as they know how? Even if it's not your way

I was going to post earlier about my experience watching teddy being run over and dragged by a car and having to look at that road every day and demanding we move before Hannah was able to get anywhere near that road but I had a feeling it would be taken ad "making it all anout me" when it was really just trying to relate because ... While not the same... That kind of horror cannot just be whiped from memory

So really... Stop fighting and arguing and try to see that people grieve differently

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Sport Model Pug

I have a massive bruise on my leg, that is extremely painful and it hurts to run. It's on the inside of my leg wrapping to the back of my knee. I got it doing wall climbs at class. Well I have more than just this one massive bruise from that but this one is the worst.

An tomorrow my homework is to jog for 20 minutes... This will be slightly painful but man am I determined to beat this.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post

Egotistical, much?

Trust me honey, if it was directly about you, I would have quoted you.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I have to say I actually agree and I totally saw this
Coming.

This is just someone trying to relate. NO ONE knows what to say... Nitpicking at the things posted is not helping anyone

I know it's just because people have a dislike for the poster but can we please put that aside for a moment and just let people express their sorrow as they know how? Even if it's not your way

I was going to post earlier about my experience watching teddy being run over and dragged by a car and having to look at that road every day and demanding we move before Hannah was able to get anywhere near that road but I had a feeling it would be taken ad "making it all anout me" when it was really just trying to relate because ... While not the same... That kind of horror cannot just be whiped from memory

So really... Stop fighting and arguing and try to see that people grieve differently
The only one fighting is you and DD.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-09-2013, 09:41 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
The only one fighting is you and DD.
???? I made one post and that's worthy of innthe face if what has happened?

I don't get it

But I withdraw.... Not worth it

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
My vent is people that take someone else's tragedy and try to pretend they know exactly what is going on and making it about themselves.
/
It is jarring to see sometimes BUT I also know in person I have been guilty of doing something similar. I am not trying to know exactly what is going on, or at all make it about myself, but, especially when anxious and at a loss for words, I will mention similar stories in an attempt to relate. I have been working on not doing that though.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
THANK YOU. This has been a vent of mine for days, I just didn't have the balls to say it. You go.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 07-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
It is jarring to see sometimes BUT I also know in person I have bethatlty of doing something similar. I am not trying to know exactly what is going on, or at all make it about myself, but, especially when anxious and at a loss for words, I will mention similar stories in an attempt to relate. I have been working on not doing that though.
Which is understandable. The person in question, that brought me to vent, was **** sure they know what the people going through the tragedy feel. They keep claiming it's the same as many other scenarios.

The tragedy is completely different from what the other person has ever gone through, and they cannot begin to imagine what the people are going through.

I don't know, I guess after seeing so much of it over the past few days, it got to the point that i had to vent about it, and thought the venting thread would be a good place.

I'm sorry, that made no sense. That was babbling. In other words, it's more the attitude of the person in question, rather than the words.

Though I have to say, I love the irony of a certain member being all "IT'S ALL ABOUT ME" about my vent.

Last edited by JessLough; 07-09-2013 at 10:17 PM.