Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Yes to this.

Honestly, having multiple older neighbors and a grandmother who is in her 90s, generally speaking they have a hard time dealing with change. Seeing a fence go up where there has not been one is a change and probably causes a bit of nostalgia for him as well. Does NOT make him in the right to complain in any way or any easier to deal with but patience is your friend here.
This.

Tbh, it be just be because I'm around older citizens all day at work, but I see a lot of "older citizens are annoyances/nuisances" attitude from our generation, and it makes me... sad.

If somebody that was younger asked that question, people would be like "they were trying to educate themselves!". But because it was an older fellow, he must have been complaining. Maybe he just thought you'd know, since you have animals.

Maybe your fence IS bothering him. Maybe that's what he's annoyed at. Putting up a fence isn't exactly quiet... maybe you put it up when he takes his naps or is trying to sleep otherwise. I get annoyed at my neighbours when they get loud and wake me up/keep me awake... doesn't mean I'm going to poison their animals.

lol sorry, that just turned into a vent itself

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-08-2013, 03:10 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberH View Post
Oh no! Don't scare me like that. Now I'm going to be even more paranoid.
Can never be too cautious though, I know it sucks but I just don't trust someone who spends that much time "watching" & all that junk.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
It might make him a busybody, even a jerk, but I don't think I'd jump to assumptions that he'd poison an animal...
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Yes to this.

Honestly, having multiple older neighbors and a grandmother who is in her 90s, generally speaking they have a hard time dealing with change. Seeing a fence go up where there has not been one is a change and probably causes a bit of nostalgia for him as well. Does NOT make him in the right to complain in any way or any easier to deal with but patience is your friend here.
I also agree with this. There is an older guy who lives behind me. He is a very nice old guy but yes, he's a busybody. My neighbours on one side told me "He's really nice, just talk to him about everything. If you want to make changes, he'll be fine with it as long as you talk to him about it first." He talked to us the day we took down the old ratty metal fence and I told him we were putting up a nice wood privacy fence in it's place, and he said "well, I bet that will look a lot better." He has a tree that has grown over my yard and I want to cut down the branches that are in my side of the yard, but I really want to talk to him about it first even though I'm 100% legally allowed to cut the branches off since they are on my property.
It could be this neighbour is the same way. Maybe if you talk to him a little more about it... let him know you're putting it up as you have the funds, maybe say "We got more money so we're putting up this part of it next." Not saying to seek his permission on it or anything, just chat with him about it. It might not solve the issues, but maybe it would help? It's worth a shot IMO... he could also just be lonely and using any excuse to talk to people. I think that is part of what the deal is with my neighbour. He has his wife who is sick, but doesn't really seem to have anybody else. His kids live in another state (I met them around Thanskgiving time) so if he doesn't pester his neighbours, he's basically stuck in the house caring for his ill wife and that's all. It happens.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-08-2013, 03:17 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I guess I'm just not used to having to deal with neighbors ... Unless you count the occasional cow/goat xD
Old 07-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Top Dog

We've lived here for 5 years now and never had a problem before. We've always gone out of our way to be friendly toward one another. We traded veggies from the garden. Given him a old bird bath that he wanted from our yard. Generally anything we could do to help each other's houses out. We had a fence before. It was an old, rusty chain link thing that was falling down in places. Took it down maybe 2 years ago. Before we put up this new privacy fence we put markers showing where it would go and that's what we were told to do by the city. We talked to each neighbor. The other one didn't have a problem with it going directly on the property line. The old man had the problem which surprised us. We thought it would be the other way around. That's when we compromised about the distance from the property line. He came out after we put up the first couple boards with a tape measure saying we didn't do it far enough. But it was actually more than we agreed. After that, I thought it was over. But nope, now today's incidence. I don't think he'd hurt my animals but I wouldn't put it past him to call the cops on our number. He made a point of saying that he wouldn't be surprised if our other neighbor waited until we were finished and then called a surveyor to come out. And that got me thinking, maybe that's what he's planning. I think he'd only be wasting his money since we are so far from the property line.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:29 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Can never be too cautious though, I know it sucks but I just don't trust someone who spends that much time "watching" & all that junk.
LOL yes if you think a neighbor who complains about a fence sounds like someone who will poison animals, then you CAN be too cautious.

Almost every neighborhood has a busybody. Often they are seniors. If you embrace it and get to know them, you will just about always have an eye on your house. Better than a security system.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:33 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
LOL yes if you think a neighbor who complains about a fence sounds like someone who will poison animals, then you CAN be too cautious.

Almost every neighborhood has a busybody. Often they are seniors. If you embrace it and get to know them, you will just about always have an eye on your house. Better than a security system.
**** straight. The old guy across the street watches our neighbourhood. Ran off drug dealers. Called about a house that was being broken into. Said he would watch for Creepy McCreeperson who kept parking in front of my house.
Carries a shotgun in his overall pocket.
I feel safer for my nosey old neighbour.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Top Dog

I like my disabled older ladu neighbor. She called the cops when some kids peed on our door. She talked my ear off but she just gets lonely.

I think I'm going to have to move out. I want to punch my ex in the face nearly every time he says something. I think I hate him. But I don't want to be alone. And split everything up. And go apartment shopping again....

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 07-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Top Dog

My vent!!!
Bloody hell, I get a call from the barn owner where I board my horse this morning. Del has a bad deep cut on the inside of her cannon bone just below the hock and she says it is bad enough for a vet and stitches.

THEN she tells me that she already put iodine on it. Yeah, perfect. Now the vet probably can't stitch it because the only thing you put on a wound that requires stitches is WATER. Because other products kills cells and dead tissue can't be sewn together and there often isn't enough tissue to use if it has to be cut back.

I went over, saw how deep it was, put a bandage on it and called the clinic.

Vet decided since he was in the area to stop by. Nope he can't stitch it now, (knew it). So now she is on meds, cold hosing 2x day and bandaged until it heals.

How in hell can people own horses or other animals and NOT know the do's and don't of simple wound care??????
Old 07-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Top Dog

Adrianne I am heartbroken reading of the tragic loss you & Denis have with losing Arnold & Sloane. Arnold has been one of my favorites for many years since we were in the other forum together and I always loved seeing the wonderful pics you shared of your hiking/rock climbing adventures. And your postings of Sloane always brought a smile seeing his goofy, happy personality shining through. As others have said I so wish there was something I could do or say to ease your pain but I know that's not possible. I am sending lots of (((hugs))) and heartfelt condolences on the loss of 2 wonderful companions.