Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Felurian

That is a great tip!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I'm supposed to cold call a list of clients to "see how they're doing." This makes me super uncomfortable, especially since I called the first one and she kind of snapped at me because she was super busy. Well great, now I TOTALLY want to call the rest of them.
If I wanted to do sales and cold call clients I could have gone into sales at the station... seriously. Unhappy. =|

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-11-2012, 08:21 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Today is a full day, since school is out for parent/teacher conferences. Ugghh. Not looking forward to this! I work 12-5 so not too terrible, but I'm not used to spending more than 2 or 3 hours at a time with these crazy kids!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 10-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Every time I make a mistake here, I feel really stupid. It's only been all of seven days, but still.

I think taking this job was a mistake.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Wookie Collie

Finn had his annual this morning, and he was an angel. Quiet, polite, wagging at everyone who greeted him. AND he was calm on the table, which has never happened before. Good boy!

That's not the vent. The vent is that my regular vet was out for an emergency, so we had a stand-in vet. My regular vet is fine with my dietary choices for Finn, suggests limited vaccinations, and generally provides advice but doesn't push, which is why I chose him. (The fact that he's around the corner from my house doesn't hurt, either.)

This woman... hoo boy. Finn weighed in a little less than his last visit (42lbs from 45lbs) and that was "too skinny" for her. I tried to politely suggest that I can feel his ribs but not hips, and that I see dogs all day at my work in varying degrees of shape, but no. "As a pet food store employee, I would hope you knew what defines a healthy dog. They need a little meat on their bones." Um. What. She went on about how grain free diets aren't all they're cracked up to be, and the whole they-eat-stomach-contents garbage, then went ahead to recommend Healthy Advantage for Finnegan (the SD grain free). MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

Not to mention "his paw fur is all short, does he chew? He likely has a food allergy." Me: "No, I trim his paws."

Oh, and his ears were JUST a little reddish, right on the inside, which might mean allergies. Oh and his eyes were a bit bloodshot, allergies. Oh and his bum fur was short, does he chew? Allergies? (I had to tell her about the sick episode he had in May which was still growing back.) Oh and he has just the tiniest bit of tartar on his teeth, I should really start giving him rawhides as well as brushing his teeth every single day.

Man. I told the receptionist, as politely as possible, that if she replaces Dr. Hopgood again I will reschedule my appointment. That appointment made me ill.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 10-11-2012, 12:15 PM
We are Home.

This is going to be a long vent but anyway.

I had to go into town with Jeremy yesterday to buy him some pants for his new job and a few other errands and I wanted to take the kids to the museum to get out of the house and what not. Anyway Im done with my stuff around 5 without getting everything done because I have a KILLER migraine. I cant drive at this point besides going to Jeremys work (it was 4 buildings down the road) and go in and ask him if he can take a break after the rush and drive us home and drive back. His boss said no. I was like ok can J (other coworker) do the floors of the store and you leave after the store is blocked and cleaned up. Nope that wont work either. He HAS to do the floors. So its 10 by the time they get to the floors. By then I had thrown up 3 times and was in a HELL of alot of pain. (I had taken 5 tylenol since I cant take excedrine, downed a 44 oz of mtn dew, ate something, basically tried EVERYTHING that I could)
10-15 minutes before they are done with the floors (midnight) his boss comes back and tells me that he HAD to have Jeremy because corporate is coming on friday. There was just no way he could do it. Hes like we dont just goof off here. By this time Im bitchy and pissed and yeah its not pretty. I told him flat out "I know JEREMY doesnt goof off here" and you think my jobs easy. Stay home with a Autistic toddler, a 3 mth old with acid reflux and a 5 year old who is a little drama queen. Oh and FYI last time I had a migraine like this I PASSED OUT and was in the hospital for a week. If that happens again say goodbye to Jeremy for a week.

He was just like "I couldnt afford him to leave no need to be a bitch about it and if that happens you will need to find childcare or Jeremy will lose his job" This is after people call out on the busiest day of the month (last weds.) for allergies, 2 people left Tuesday night without doing their full job and people always call in for having hangovers and they ALL still have their jobs.

I swear he is lucky I was to sick to say much more especially since Morgan was overtired and cried for 30 minutes straight at that point.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-11-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm All Ears

Stress. Stress. Stress. Stress. Stress. Stress.

All work related lol. Is it too much to ask for things to settle down some?
Old 10-11-2012, 08:27 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I'm frustrated.

I try to at least tolerate what my SO enjoys. Because even if I don't like it, I don't want to rain on his parade. I don't know how many stupid movies I've sat through or stupid TV shows I've listened to in the background, because he wants to watch them and enjoys watching them.

So I want to watch a movie I like. I get told, "I have no interest in watching it. I haven't seen it, but I know I'm not going to like it as that isn't typically what I like, and it may be a good movie, but I'm not watching it." I turn a TV show on that I just want to watch snippets of that he thinks is stupid. He leaves the room. I'm here to spend time with him and just because I want to watch a 15 minute snippet of a show while he was occupied elsewhere, he leaves the freaking room.

Am I wrong to be so upset over this? I'm fairly sensitive anyway, so I read more in to things than I need to in quite a lot of situations...but I'm actually legitimately upset over this. Which I think is stupid and its making me feel even worse.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Top Dog

Also frustrated for similar reasons, so I understand.

On top of that, I don't really enjoy playing video games by myself. So DH got Borderlands 2 for us to play together and with BIL and SIL.

Then he rushes ahead in the game and complains about everyone being behind. Doesn't want to play with me because he's bored and already saw it all. Now he's pissed because I told him I don't have any good reason to play if he just rushes ahead then bitches at me for being behind. So WTF am I supposed to do? I only wanted to play the game because I thought this was one way I would actually get to spend time with him. Because he is ALWAYS playing then complaining about not having any time together. God forbid I do something I want to do, like browse Chaz. Then he's on my case every 5 minutes.

His solution? HE IS IN THERE PLAYING MY GAME TO GET ME CAUGHT UP.

WTF?!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Ella is now going OVER the baby gate. Bitch.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13