Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Lab Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I'm not even lifting weights on my squats. /fail/

I hope I get better and more fit so I can do these things pain free in due time.

Also a totally different vent but if my phone autocorrects 'I think' to 'I honk' one more time I swear.....
I wouldn't worry about adding weight until you want too. Body weight squats are ample for the average fit goal. My goals ultimately will turn into powerlifting so I'm setting up my routine to best compliment that when I slim down some more. I'm cutting down and once I reach a weight of around 140 I'll start getting down to business. So I want to keep as much muscle as possible - which is lifting as heavy as I can.

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 07-03-2013, 03:08 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Yes and no....that helps right?

Kind of depends on the training....if you are doing a bit more hardcore jump in, then yes, normal (to an extent).

My first day after my first bootcamp, oh my! I couldn't even sit down to pee without help from a wall, etc. And yes, my legs did this weird spasm thing that made me feel very awkward. Worse was I had to drive 4 hours that evening and everything locked up worse in the car.

My one friend who is a fitness buff does not like this style...prefers a slower more gentle approach. I think I kind of see merit in both.

Now though, its better. I still will get over sore if a new muscle group is worked that I am not used to but today, even after only 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night (thanks new LKH book) I am just a tiny bit sore and that's after a fairly intense workout.

For me, I soaked in Epsom, and took magnesium and a bit of ibuprofen.

My friend who does bootcamp with me swears by rolling...basically using a foam roller (like a noodle) to kind of roll over the sore muscles to help them.
I love rolling too, when I pony a few rank horses, I get sore & rolling is a god send!

Also I hear you about the soreness in a muscle group that you don't use, I get that when I pony rank horses ... Yikes!

Old 07-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Just got to the beach for the family vacation and have already been told that I'm not allowed to talk about my dogs at all on this trip. Wtf? I want to go home now.
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 07-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Just got to the beach for the family vacation and have already been told that I'm not allowed to talk about my dogs at all on this trip. Wtf? I want to go home now.
What??
Jerks. =< I'm sorry. Just... ugh. "Not allowed?" You're a bloody adult and you can talk about whatever you want...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Yeah, errr.. I would from that moment forward do nothing but talk about my dogs. To the point I'd even bore myself.

Seriously. I'd talk even when no one else was talking. And repeat each story 12 times and laugh at my own inside jokes.

I'd be the most irritating dog talking person to be around ever.

And they'd shove it in their pipe and smoke it!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Yeah, errr.. I would from that moment forward do nothing but talk about my dogs. To the point I'd even bore myself.

Seriously. I'd talk even when no one else was talking. And repeat each story 12 times and laugh at my own inside jokes.

I'd be the most irritating dog talking person to be around ever.

And they'd shove it in their pipe and smoke it!
That is kind of my reaction too. "Oh really? So this one time, my dog pooped, and it looked like this..."

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-03-2013, 03:47 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Tell each person there that they're not allowed to talk about whatever their special interest or hobby is. They still won't get it, but it will make you feel better for a second.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Top Dog

Eating "healthy" is boring! I'm having cabbage and blueberries for a snack. Lame.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 07-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Duuuuude.

Work SUCKED and because the issue is the owner of the business, it's not going to get better.

Related vent: I HATE job hunting. With a passion.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 07-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Top Dog

I grabbed the pile of mail out of the mailbox today and walked halfway up the driveway before I felt a sharp sting on my wrist. Turns out a bunch of ants had made the mailbox their home while I was away for the past few days and I was covered in ants, all of whom seemed all too happy to bite me everywhere. To makes matters worse, after setting the mail down on the driveway to get the 50,000 ants off of my arms, I picked the mail back up and when I shook it to get the remaining ants off, a huge pile of white eggs fell out of one of the magazines. No way was that one coming inside. Sorry, Mom. If you read this, your LL Bean magazine is in the trash. Now I'm itchy everywhere and feel like there are still ants all over me even though I know I got them all off.

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/