Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-02-2013, 09:20 PM
orange iguanas.

Is this week over yet?

I walked into complete chaos this afternoon when I got to work. We ended up being short handed because one of the techs had a family emergency so she couldn't come in... so I walk in and they're just about to start an orthopedic surgery with the surgeon that came in, we have a cat we need to anesthetize so we can flush the wax balls out of her ears, there's a dog hooked up to IV fluids who by the way has chewed her catheter out twice already today so needs to be watched closely, and appointments start in an hour. It is just me, another tech, and the doctor. One of us has to be receptionist so it is essentially like having only one tech. It was a whirlwind of an afternoon, because our day wasn't even scheduled accordingly because we were supposed to be fully staffed.

The sucky thing is that it's the same situation tomorrow. Just me and another tech all day and for the last hour of the day it's actually just me and the doctor. On Friday it'll be the same situation in the afternoon. Which could go really bad - Fridays are always busy and it's the day after a holiday. AND on Saturday it's just 2 of us, again.

I'm tired just thinking of it. It's soooo stressful when we're shorthanded and I always end up feeling like I'm doing things half-assed or that I'm forgetting to do something.... blah. Crap week.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 07-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Top Dog

Tenacious thy name is terrier
Old 07-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Top Dog

Buzz is shaking his head since I trimmed his ears today. It was sporadic after that, so I cleaned them. Now it's pretty frequent, so I put Malotic in the one ear he seems to be holding down. DON'T YOU DARE GET A HEMATOMA BECAUSE I GOT HAIR IN YOUR EAR CANAL!

Ermagerd. Annoyed and feel badly for him. I'm hoping he sleeps well and wakes up without shaking his head.

Also, they're conducting "random REinspections" of apartments tomorrow. I got notice today. I realized today that A) Nobody but Lauren and Tim have ever come into my apartment without me while I've had Gaby and B) The a/c doesn't get to the "cat room" where the cats have to stay while maintenance is possibly coming. Uhm... ugh.

Oh, I also have a Pharm test tomorrow. That should be fine as long as I figure out a way to remember the difference between the corticosteroids.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 07-02-2013, 10:29 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

OMG I just found front row seats to Justin Bieber in Chicago for $175.... This is like...not possible. And just unheard of. What the heck!! I already have floor seats for his Atlanta concert! I would seriously go to both but my parents aren't going for it! Plus this Chicago show is July 9th... Little short notice.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 07-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Top Dog

My house is full of boys. >.<

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 07-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Top Dog

So I started seeing my ex again. Now that I'm not moving, and after seeing him a few days, I kind of settled into being happy that I'm with him. After the disappointment of not moving, I told myself at least I get to stay and see how things go with him. He's always been the epitome of a 'nice guy' and always seemed very loving and respectful.

And then his girlfriend posted on his facebook very happy that they had reached their one year anniversary.

When I congratulated him (lol) his only response was that it was an on/off relationship. It's been like a week...no apology, no further explanation, no lame excuses or anything.

I'm so over it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Got yet another message on dating site from a guy older than me by more than a decade and out of my stated date range.
So I disabled my account.

So done with this. I don't even care anymore.
I was sitting on the registration page yesterday..but the thought of going out with yet another (and weeding through the crap) is just exhausting.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:55 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Got yet another message on dating site from a guy older than me by more than a decade and out of my stated date range.
So I disabled my account.

So done with this. I don't even care anymore.
You. Are. Awesome.

Whatever it is, it's not you. We need to find you an awesome guy. Problem is, I don't know any in IL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyGroomer View Post
One cancellation, one no show, and a dog with a super infected penis that I sent home with orders to seek veterinary care... I groomed two dogs today. Fml.
((HUG))

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Insanity.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
It's the definition of insanity....
I just.. oh, you guys. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
So I started seeing my ex again. Now that I'm not moving, and after seeing him a few days, I kind of settled into being happy that I'm with him. After the disappointment of not moving, I told myself at least I get to stay and see how things go with him. He's always been the epitome of a 'nice guy' and always seemed very loving and respectful.

And then his girlfriend posted on his facebook very happy that they had reached their one year anniversary.

When I congratulated him (lol) his only response was that it was an on/off relationship. It's been like a week...no apology, no further explanation, no lame excuses or anything.

I'm so over it all.
FOR REAL?

I would let her know. What a loser.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:10 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Also, the wiper motor doesn't work. Awesome.
Rebuilt said wiper motor. By myself. Like a boss.

STILL doesn't work. FML.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:13 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
OMG I just found front row seats to Justin Bieber in Chicago for $175.... This is like...not possible. And just unheard of. What the heck!!

Um, if it's THAT weird...it's probably a scam. Sure, there's a chance it's not, but...I'd lean towards scam.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:04 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
No. I stopped it before he snapped off anywhere near the root. The teeth he knocked out were not from the bars, and those needed surgery.
Gotcha.
I need to get Fable's teeth checked out for any procedures she may need, but I have no money right now. I had a vet fund but spent it and haven't had a chance to rebuild it. I need to work something out. In the meantime my only comfort is that she's not showing any pain and there's no further cracking, swelling, or anything.
But having serious dental problems myself I know exposed dentin hurts like hell.
That's my vent.