Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
My dog is driving me absolutely batty and I really just needed a night off to relax a moment. It's been nonstop whining and tennis ball squeaking and barking at me and jumping around. She is SO wound up right now. I RARELY get frustrated with her but I am very frustrated right now. Ignoring her is making it worse. Even tried a relaxing bath and she was in the bathroom acting up. I sometimes long for one of those dogs that seems to know if I'm upset and need a break. I love how fun mia is but dammit, I want a break! Just one evening, PLEASE!

Summer is being perfect.
You could come up and let her run her energy out with yoshi XD

Old 10-09-2012, 08:39 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
You could come up and let her run her energy out with yoshi XD
I finally put her time out. Told her to stay on the couch. she's whining and licking my shoulder obsessively. As much as i love her, she wears me out some days.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
My dog is driving me absolutely batty and I really just needed a night off to relax a moment. It's been nonstop whining and tennis ball squeaking and barking at me and jumping around. She is SO wound up right now. I RARELY get frustrated with her but I am very frustrated right now. Ignoring her is making it worse. Even tried a relaxing bath and she was in the bathroom acting up. I sometimes long for one of those dogs that seems to know if I'm upset and need a break. I love how fun mia is but dammit, I want a break! Just one evening, PLEASE!

Summer is being perfect.
AHHHH that's Keeva tonight. Bark at you for Skittles, jump on the table, mob the cat, find a toy, shake it at you, put it in your lap. Did you see that I put a toy in your lap? Would you like to do something about that? No. I'll bark some more.

I'm the same as a you. It rarely bothers me but we had a super busy day at work and I'm just wiped.

I put her bark collar and put her in her crate with a frozen Kong.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Top Dog

Took Zander out to potty. Neighbors + dog was out. He decided that was the perfect time to not listen to a word I said. Making me look like an idiot. Sigh. Yep. Figures.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Also, Rex/Ketchup hates the rain (not even storms, it's not thundering) so he's being clingy/pacing/can't settle. He had me really scared though until I remember that his family told me he hates rain. I thought he was sick!

He just took some Benadryl for his allergies so hopefully that will make a little drowsy too and help him settle. Cuz I feel bad for him but he's also annoying me.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:58 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

It's another cloudy dreary day. Making it really hard to get up and get going

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I miss my girl. =< I miss her so much. I have pictures of Auggie and Payton on the board at my new job and I didn't bring any of Pepper because looking at her pictures makes me so sad. I want to move into my house, I want to bring her home. It's just not fair.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-10-2012, 09:28 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if it were that simple?!

I hated the couple hours that I spent shadowing at a dog daycare, so I should have known supervising children would be in the same realm of crazy. Blahhhh I'm gonna have to try out every job on the planet before I find something that I can just be content with.
Give it some time! I was a little hesitant at first but it gets better! How many hours do you work? My days are split up (2hrs in the morning, 3 in the evening) so it makes things a lot easier when I have some time away during the day. If it were all at once itd be a little harder to deal with I think. There's a lot of crazy to deal with lol!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 10-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Things lately have been uber stressful. Right now I am staying in Las Vegas and finishing work until Oct 31 and living on a cot with two dog beds, three crates, and bare essentials of clothing and supplies. I have no treadmill, it's getting colder and last nights swim party after work left Shamoo walking funny and shaking violently, I'm juggling four dogs by myself and even my mild mannered one is starting to get antsy. This was easier with Denis because he really helps balance the exercise demands and I miss him something fierce. I suddenly wish I had dog park appropriate dogs, or a better less crowded park to play ball at. I took Sloan and Arnold to an agility class last night and the teacher never showed up. I was so upset. My poor dogs.

Denis is in Oregon sleeping on an air matress at a friends apartment starting work and looking at houses in his down time. He's 45 minutes from work and riding his motorcycle in 40 degrees. Of course it gets better, it's supposed to start raining monday and not stop until next summer.

The housing market is rough where we're looking, everything is being snatched up and we've now seen two illegal sales, two homes bought up from under us, and last night he went to see a house with our realtor only to find the house had been sold and it wasn't even updated on the mls yet.

I have a phone interview today and I am breeching the topic of renting the garage/extra room at my brothers small house. We feel certain we'll find a home with more time but we need a place to stay to buy more time and even with searching high and low we're not finding any options of short term housing that will allow the dogs. The malinois can squeak by in some places for a fee and legally speaking Arnold is exempt but Shamoo is neither exempt, "non-aggressive" in breed, nor easy to hide. So, big brother to the rescue, we hope. A few months, a non-self employeed job for me, and maybe we'll finally find a place.

In an effort to destress I'm shopping. Shamoo has two PJs on the way and I bought the boys two coats today. I'm now looking for warm wear for Sloan and maybe even some stupid fun rain gear for everyone.

This will be worth it. This will be worth it. This will be worth it. Breathe & repeat.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
This will be worth it. This will be worth it. This will be worth it. Breathe & repeat.
This. And ((((hugs)))) because holy hell that's a lot to deal with.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013