Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
I've been sick a lot lately and not sure what is going on. I'm super late for my period, but that's not uncommon for me as I'm not entirely regular. Took a couple tests and all were negative so not sure it's a pregnancy issue. It just seems like I'm feeling sick all the time lately and even more so when I eat. I was wondering if it is possibly a gluten issue so I tried eating gluten free for a week and still felt sick. I've been avoiding dairy to see if that's the issue, but still constantly feeling sick and just not sure what is going on. Usually I'm ok enough to still do what I have to during the day such as work, but my stomach is constantly aching and I keep getting these random urges to throw up even though I haven't actually thrown up.
^This has been my life lately (minus trying gluten free). Anything I eat makes me sick. If I don't eat, I don't feel good AND am hungry. Only certain things are even remotely smelling good right now. I have to choke down pretty much everything. Then run to the bathroom a half hour later. NOT FUN.

Anddd, I'm grumpy today. BAD grumpy. Sorry, Danielle. Josh is being tired and ornery and a tad selfish and I'm tired and ornery and not feeling good and stressed and overworked and just UGH. We never pick at each other/bicker and tonight we were bickering. I don't like it.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 06-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Ended up spotting a job posting. I think I've applied at this place before but I might try applying again. I've heard some not so great things about the company (high turnover) so I'm not sure I really want to jump into something else stressful... so I did some research. Found a bunch of reviews on Glassdoor where they mention substandard pay... finally saw one guy actually drop numbers...

"You're lucky if you make between X and Z."
X being 20k and Z being 30k more than I make now.

I think I'm going to apply... but I'm a bit nervous about it because, interestingly enough, the company buys their memory for their Macs from us...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 06-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Top Dog

I'm totally freaked out by everyone/everything today. So stressed out.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Top Dog

Actually, my vent is that I WISH I had something to put in the Good News thread. I wish SOMETHING was going right, right now.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Silence, peasants.

Yeah I read all the vents too
/late

Anyway, my vent is no puppies yet. C'mon Mommmadog!

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 06-28-2013, 10:34 PM
Top Dog

FB training advice....

Someone asking about 20 week old pup nipping their kid..

Advice ranges from "assert dominance" to "pop him on the nose" to "spank him" to "have your child sit on him to show him who is boss"

O

M

G

*head explodes*
Old 06-28-2013, 11:55 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

Worried... hubby isn't home. It's almost 11:30 and there's lightening, which sets off his PTSD. My phone won't dial out because of the storm... hate nights like this. He should NEVER drive when there's lightening.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:56 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Came upon a hit dog tonight. Whoever hit him didn't stop. He was bad off, but not so bad off that I don't think he'd make it. He was incredibly good tempered even when I was checking what I know to check about trauma in dogs. Animal control showed up after about an hour and is rushing him to the vet now.

He had a severe upper arm break on his right side, and his right leg was probably broken as well. He had a bit of blood coming from his nose, but not so much that I would have put him down right there. The most concerning part was his pupil dilation was uneven, but not so uneven that I suspected major brain injury. Just shock.

I hope he makes it. I got the vet where they're taking him, and the Animal control woman was very nice and understanding about why I was concerned. Another couple stopped because they had seen him as well, and they were also really concerned.

What really pisses me off is NO ONE ELSE stopped. Who knows how long he was laying in the road before I pulled over and got him onto the shoulder, and then it was fifteen minutes before the other couple stopped.

He was owned by someone, and I hope he's chipped. Once again though, a collar does NO D@MN GOOD if there aren't TAGS ON IT. He was a very nice dog, even in severe pain. He probably escaped, and I know it's a dark stretch of road and he's a black GSD, but good lord they HAD to have known they hit SOMETHING. And that the something WASN'T a DEER.

So my vent is sort of, STOP IF YOU HIT A D@MN DOG, and PUT TAGS ON YOUR D@MN DOG so if something like this happens I CAN CALL YOU AND LET YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR D@MN DOG IS.

UGH.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:38 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyGroomer View Post
Worried... hubby isn't home. It's almost 11:30 and there's lightening, which sets off his PTSD. My phone won't dial out because of the storm... hate nights like this. He should NEVER drive when there's lightening.
Did he make it home??? Maybe he decided NOT to try to drive while lightning? :-/

Kim, I hope the dog is alright! Poor thing.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-29-2013, 02:06 AM
Love My Mutt <3

I want to take in a 14 year old dog. I know she doesn't have much time left, but she's important to me -- she belonged to my deceased cousin and has been passed around and nobody wants her anymore. My aunt who has had her wants to give her away because she's now chewing on her tail and I guess tearing it up.

I know my parents would never let me have her. And that makes me sad. She's just a small thing.

woe.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13