Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-27-2013, 01:59 PM
orange iguanas.

Gr. My brother texted me asking if I would babysit his kids tomorrow night. So I said nope, after working all day I don't really feel like spending my Friday night babysitting. I thought he would just leave it with "oh okay." But no... instead he just sends back another date that he needs a babysitter. ARRRGGHHH. I don't want to babysit tomorrow, I don't want to babysit EVER. I work full time, I don't really like kids... I don't want to spend my free time on the weekend babysitting them. But I'm having a really hard time formulating an answer that gets that point across without sounding horrible.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 06-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I work full time, I don't really like kids... I don't want to spend my free time on the weekend babysitting them. But I'm having a really hard time formulating an answer that gets that point across without sounding horrible.
"Work's really wearing me out lately. I don't think I have the energy to be a good sitter right now. I'll let you know if this changes in the future and I'm available for sitting again."

Don't blame you one bit for not wanting to watch the kids.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:56 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

It is hot. Ew.

And we had a parvo puppy at work today, so I am super ultra paranoid that Abrams s going to get infected. Boo working at a vet clinic and having a puppy yourself!

Old 06-27-2013, 06:33 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
"Work's really wearing me out lately. I don't think I have the energy to be a good sitter right now. I'll let you know if this changes in the future and I'm available for sitting again."

Don't blame you one bit for not wanting to watch the kids.
I like that answer, thanks. If I were in high school or something and needed extra cash it'd be great, but I'm just not in that position anymore.

Thankfully he ended up texting me back a nevermind message, so I'm off the hook for another day.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 06-27-2013, 08:52 PM
Top Dog

Nevermind, I lied .

Old 06-27-2013, 09:13 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Life can really suck sometime. Two blows in one day. Just feeling really sad.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 06-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Bored Now.

So I slammed my hand into a door today. It LOCKED on me and I had to unlock to get my hand put, at which point it's bloody and crushed.

Am at the docs right now and OMG it hurts. How am I supposed to type? And write? And cook? And run with the dog? And DRIVE A MANUAL? I am writing this out with my pinkie!

On the even more fun side, I was trying to get back with the ex about my visit out there (that is totally not going to happen now, and I have to figure out how to break that to my family) and called for the 3rd time today and he whined that going to visit when he's not there. YOU WOULDN'T ANSWER MY CALLS, WHY WOULD I WANT TO CHANGE MY PLANS? And that turned into "we'll, I'm sleeping with someone else right now and that's why I'm busy!" I don't care - why didn't you just SAY "I'm with someone else right now and can't talk" instead of turning it into a drama fest? And why would you text me TODAY to ask if you're going to be busy? OF COURSE I snarled at you, you're being a moron and my hand hurts. I want someone to whine to, not someone who is super evasive about not being able to talk because they're not enough of an adult to just say "I'm busy."

Does anyone even read these vents?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:34 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I do.

Hope your hand gets better =(

My vent is that icing sucks to work with in hot temperatures. Then licking it off my fingers made me want more. So instead of eating a tub of icing, I'm taking pug for a walk. Eff you, cookies.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 06-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I do believe I've read every single one, and really am sympathetic with most of them! I usually only reply if I have something really constructive to say, though.

Anyways... ex-drama sucks...time to close that chapter, eh? And I hope your hand heals quickly!

Old 06-27-2013, 09:51 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
I do believe I've read every single one, and really am sympathetic with most of them! I usually only reply if I have something really constructive to say, though.
Same here. I don't know what to say most of the time. But I read them all.

Terrible day at work again. Websites spontaneously started having loading issues which the boss thought MUST be related to (100% tested) code, even though the websites where we tested the code had previously been just fine until the moment of issues, and the website WITHOUT the new code was ALSO having issues, and after calling hosting company and having them confirm that they had servers down and it was causing outages STILL blamed me and the code change.
I just don't even know what to do with this.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog