Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #6581  
Old 06-24-2013, 05:12 PM
FG167's Avatar
FG167 FG167 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jefferson, GA
Posts: 2,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
People need to stop insulting Sansa Stark in my presence. The girl is strong and she is fighting for survival, even if it's a different kind of strength than Arya. They are playing different games and just because she was soft spoken and girly doesn't mean she isn't a total and complete badass

YES I AM AWARE I AM WAY TOO INVOLVED IN FICTIONAL CHARACTERS

AND NO I DON'T CARE

PEOPLE NEED TO READ THE BOOKS AND TELL ME SANSA ISN'T A FRIKIN GEM

A GEM I TELL YOU!
This made me LOL
__________________
~Falon~
Jentry (GSD) - Limit (Kelpie) - Kastle (GSD) - Eden (Cardi)
Reply With Quote
  #6582  
Old 06-24-2013, 05:17 PM
AdrianneIsabel's Avatar
AdrianneIsabel AdrianneIsabel is offline
Glutton for Crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,893
Default

I get uppity over people insulting Rick and Carl.

Nerds.
__________________
Sloan von Krigbaum IPO1 CGC BH CD NA NJ PD MJ-N RATI RATN 3/7/10 -
Shamoo NJ-N RATI RATN 3/1/98 -
Phelan du Loups du Soleil CGC RATI 6/15/13 -
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.


Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Reply With Quote
  #6583  
Old 06-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Xandra's Avatar
Xandra Xandra is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
People need to stop insulting Sansa Stark in my presence. The girl is strong and she is fighting for survival, even if it's a different kind of strength than Arya. They are playing different games and just because she was soft spoken and girly doesn't mean she isn't a total and complete badass

YES I AM AWARE I AM WAY TOO INVOLVED IN FICTIONAL CHARACTERS

AND NO I DON'T CARE

PEOPLE NEED TO READ THE BOOKS AND TELL ME SANSA ISN'T A FRIKIN GEM

A GEM I TELL YOU!
Agreed! I wouldn't call her a badass (that's Arya to me) but I've always really liked Sansa chapters and I really like her character.

Sansa is intuitive, serious, calm, very composed, stoic, empathetic, very likable, adaptable. She's demure while still having self respect and confidence. People put her down because she isn't "proactive" enough, doesn't meddle, doesn't sass, she defers (at least on the surface), isn't outlandish, aggressive etc. Well good for her. She's naive but that isn't BAD lol she's a 12-13 year old girl born in good times, she was NOT AT ALL prepared for what Ned brought her to and she had every reason to be naive. She does learn, but just because she's had some rough times doesn't mean she's going to immediately change her whole worldview and become jaded and cynical. Which is good news for her, because she's basically stayed in everyone's good books. She has endeared herself to the most powerful schemer in the kingdom and one of the very best warriors. I believe she will succeed in life, once she has some elbow room. With Bran and Rickon gone, she's heir to Winterfell and maybe potentially Riverrun?

I'm always a bit miffed when people can't see the value in staying out of way in a situation like that and waiting for something THAT MIGHT ACTUALLY WORK to come along. Not that I dont' love her too, but Arya's had 1000 narrow escapes and is freaking lucky as hell she wasn't raped, killed, captured and given to Ramsay Bolton, etc. Sansa has been consistently safer in court where she's valuable as heir to the North. (too involved in fictional characters, you say )
Reply With Quote
  #6584  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Brattina88 Brattina88 is offline
treehugging clicker freak
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: OH
Posts: 12,766
Default

Ugh. Work.

So, girl that I spent nearly two freaking months to train to take over my position of summer. Worked very closely with, and really took the time to get to know her and teach her, and then weaned myself out of the room ad was totally open to her ideas and allowed her to make changes to my room....

Put in her two weeks today. After working two full weeks of summer
WHAT a waste of time, let alone the school's money. I can honestly say I didn't see this one coming.



And now I'm screwed
__________________

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Reply With Quote
  #6585  
Old 06-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Babyblue5290's Avatar
Babyblue5290 Babyblue5290 is offline
Happy Meal. Yum.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,974
Default

Today sucks so bad. Everything that can go wrong is going wrong.

I woke up in a horrible mood and my face was wet with tears....yay nightmares I can't remember >_<

My first day of my math class and the stupid math building is all backwards. It has a class that is 211 on the freaking 3RD floor!! wtf!? so I was late.

Decided to take Talon to the lake to swim as it was raining so it's a good time for him to run around free. There was one person there, but they wehre on the dock fishing, which is awesome. So we take him off leash let him swim and the people on the dock start walking towards us. I thought they where leaving so I leash Talon, just to be safe, and their little dog is freaking out at the end of the leash. They start by us but then suddenly turn right for us and let their overly stimulated small dog right in Talon's face, which it immediately starts attacking Talon. Talon freaked out, whining and running away while they pulled their dog away. ergh

Then, instead of leaving THEY FREAKING GO FISHING IN THE SWIMMING AREA while their two young kids run around in the water next to the fishing hooks yelling and screaming their heads off. >_< We just went to the boat launch area and played a little longer, until the kids started over our way screaming, then we left.

Today just freaking sucks. >_<
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6586  
Old 06-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Torch's Avatar
Torch Torch is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I get uppity over people insulting Rick and Carl.

Nerds.
What about when you have that one cool-ass coworker who reads and watches all the same things as you and people make fun of you when you nerd out over characters and have debates about works of FICTION in the workplace.

#nerdproblems #misunderstood
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #6587  
Old 06-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Torch's Avatar
Torch Torch is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 672
Default

I was at work today and this car returned that apparently had a little kitten up hiding in the engine!!! My boss and I spent 10 minutes trying to coax it out, and finally got it out. The little teeny tiny thing was feral and ran from us. We saved him from traffic like three times but then he ran away in the woods.

And I'm really bummed about it because he was tiny and cute and fluffy with big ears AND A BOB TAIL!!!

IMAGINE ALL THE CUTE MOMENTS I COULD HAVE CAPTURED ON FILM IF I HAD BEEN ABLE TO CATCH HIM!!!!

He looked like a stuffed animal, I'm so sad I cannot haz.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #6588  
Old 06-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Julee's Avatar
Julee Julee is offline
Club Terrible - President
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kent, CT
Posts: 2,744
Default

Angries today. All of the angries. Not sure why.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6589  
Old 06-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Laurelin's Avatar
Laurelin Laurelin is offline
I'm All Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 29,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
People need to stop insulting Sansa Stark in my presence. The girl is strong and she is fighting for survival, even if it's a different kind of strength than Arya. They are playing different games and just because she was soft spoken and girly doesn't mean she isn't a total and complete badass

YES I AM AWARE I AM WAY TOO INVOLVED IN FICTIONAL CHARACTERS

AND NO I DON'T CARE

PEOPLE NEED TO READ THE BOOKS AND TELL ME SANSA ISN'T A FRIKIN GEM

A GEM I TELL YOU!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
Crap, I hope your friend is able to recover the photos completely, Sara



Ack. YES.

I think people need to stop with all the Sansa hate, and I haven't even read the books. I mean, at this point in the show she hasn't done much so I don't think she's a "badass"... but I'm incredibly fond of her character. It's a very realistic kind of strength and I think she's pretty great.
Sansa has grown from one of my least favorite characters to one of my favorites. I feel bad for her. She's gone through a lot and has proven that she is an incredibly strong character, even if it is in a different way than Arya.

Arya is pretty badass though.
__________________
Mia CGC
Summer TG2 TBAD
Reply With Quote
  #6590  
Old 06-24-2013, 09:45 PM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 4,996
Default

Our freaking power is out!! Argh!
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site