Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-24-2013, 09:24 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I had to switch dog foods because the stuff (back to basics) that I was feeding before got too expensive, so we had to switch to natures variety instinct which has now almost gotten too expensive . Bear (the jack Russell) is very grain allergic & sensitive to some ingredients, so finding a food they can all eat (cuz it wouldn't be very cost effective to feed him a different food & everyone else something else ... But with the way things are going that might be what I will have to do. He is 13 years old & I hate seeing how he suffers when his allergies act up

Old 06-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Auggie more than likely has a UTI again, sigh. He squatted this morning on the deck and only a little bit of pee came out. I let him back out after eating and followed him with a tray so I could do a free catch and take it to the vet and again, very little pee. Went back inside and started getting ready to go. He was in my room and started hunching and squatting, but wasn't peeing. I hustled him outside anyway and nope, no pee.
So I got on the phone and called the vet to see if I needed to make him an appointment or if I could just bring him in as an emergency since now he wasn't able to pee at all.
Aaaaaand as soon as they answered he hiked a leg and peed a river like absolutely nothing was wrong. Thanks Auggie... thanks. At least this time you peed like nothing was wrong BEFORE I took you to the vet and paid $300 for them to do an x-ray of your bladder and stick a cath in you.

My mom is off today, so she was running his urine to the vet for me. Since I was already on the phone with them (going "Oh, uh, well never mind, now he's peeing a river and acting like there's no problem, and it's clearly because I'm on the phone with you.") I told them it was coming so they could do a UA but we could be pretty confident he had some kind of UTI or something, it's par for the course for Augs, but that I was hoping to maybe also get some pain meds for him. Last time Auggie was squatting and not peeing much or at all (last time I spent the $300....) they gave us some pain meds and assumed it was pain from the UTI making him straining since he wasn't blocked or anything. So hopefully Doc will okay some pain meds for him too.

Sigh. Our chiro vet had mentioned before that maybe we should put Auggie on a low dose of abx permanently and see if that doesn't help his chronic bladder issues. Both of us agreed that it should be an absolute last ditch effort, but I'm starting to wonder if that's not the route we should go now. =/ This cannot be fun for him.

On the upside, maybe being on the abx will finally clear up this toe issue. It's not infected but an extra boost can't hurt.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 06-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Auggie. I hope he gets fixed and feeling better soon!

My vent is that now I'm being blamed for my (now former) manager not filling out WSIB paperwork when I got injured. Oh, OK...

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Over half of the photos from a paid photoshoot today are gone. Just flat out gone. Running a recovery program now, hopefully it finds something.
Oh no. Did it work?

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 06-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Set up physio this morning, thought it was all good to go.

Open mail this afternoon to a form needing to be filled out by a doctor, for WSIB. Darn it.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Oh no. Did it work?
I got them back but the majority are messed up beyond repair. I'm giving the SD card to a techy friend, so hopefully he can recover them better than I could. I'm so bummed.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I'm sorry Sara
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Resident fainting goat

People need to stop insulting Sansa Stark in my presence. The girl is strong and she is fighting for survival, even if it's a different kind of strength than Arya. They are playing different games and just because she was soft spoken and girly doesn't mean she isn't a total and complete badass

YES I AM AWARE I AM WAY TOO INVOLVED IN FICTIONAL CHARACTERS

AND NO I DON'T CARE

PEOPLE NEED TO READ THE BOOKS AND TELL ME SANSA ISN'T A FRIKIN GEM

A GEM I TELL YOU!
Old 06-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Friend's little sister is getting married.
Her LITTLE SISTER.

Sigh.

Also the guy she's engaged to is a jerk so I'm struggling to be excited for her.
I was always of the opinion that if they're happy, you just keep your mouth shut because they'll only resent you rather than listen to you.

I followed that for my brother and his wife. well fast forward 10 years and they are finally divorced and for most of those 10 years I didn't have a brother I was very close to previously.

Knowing what I know now, I would have and should have said something. without getting into all the details, I have a brother back and the bitch is gone

Maybe find a nice way to say it, but say it. I should have at the very least things would have ended like they did anyway, but there's a chance I could have helped him see he was making one giant mistake, before he had to pay for it.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Top Dog

Crap, I hope your friend is able to recover the photos completely, Sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
People need to stop insulting Sansa Stark in my presence. The girl is strong and she is fighting for survival, even if it's a different kind of strength than Arya. They are playing different games and just because she was soft spoken and girly doesn't mean she isn't a total and complete badass

YES I AM AWARE I AM WAY TOO INVOLVED IN FICTIONAL CHARACTERS

AND NO I DON'T CARE

PEOPLE NEED TO READ THE BOOKS AND TELL ME SANSA ISN'T A FRIKIN GEM

A GEM I TELL YOU!
Ack. YES.

I think people need to stop with all the Sansa hate, and I haven't even read the books. I mean, at this point in the show she hasn't done much so I don't think she's a "badass"... but I'm incredibly fond of her character. It's a very realistic kind of strength and I think she's pretty great.