Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-20-2013, 03:00 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
I am scheduled 5a-9p tomorrow. That means I leave home at 4 am and get home at 10 pm. 8 hours of that is hiking in a full uniform 6-8 miles in the afternoon heat...lots if hills and rough terrain (no path). I'm tired already!
And I whine about my hours. Eesh! Do you and the man half alternate schedules? How do the dogs manage? Do you have long weekends in exchange?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Sport Model Pug

This happened

So this

Is expected to turn into this

So the bridges might get closed and we'll probably have to boil water.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 06-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
And I whine about my hours. Eesh! Do you and the man half alternate schedules? How do the dogs manage? Do you have long weekends in exchange?
Today I worked 430am-530pm...got to the kennel at 4 (left my house at 330 am), got home at 6pm..

No, we are short staffed this week so I'm covering a bomber shift in the am and a tracker shift in the pm. I have different dogs. I have two bombers, and 5 trackers - I will probably just take one unless she gets too hot, then I'll bring two. She's new, and very young, so she may over-exert herself and not know any better.

And no LOL I *do* get weekends off most of the time (we have one training weekend a month) but they aren't longer. And if I am in town (we usually go to GA to train on the weekends) I always guilt myself into going in and at least laying a track for the guy/dog tracking.

ETA: Jason is picking up some other shift in the am and MAY spot half my tracking shift. Depending on how crappy I feel around 5pm (which is the only time we can swap 5-9pm). We do occasionally have completely opposite shifts, but normally not. I will have him lay me a track for my girl to find since she's new and it's a lot of walking.

ETA2: oh wait, did you mean my personal dogs? We have a pet sitter coming in to let them out mid-day. We usually take 2-3 to work with us and swim them before/after or run them, or do SOMETHING with them - train etc.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:48 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Ticket, RedHotBabe?
Oh god, thankfully not. My car needed to be turned around in the garage so we could test-fit one of the seats on the driver's side. This was at Adam's house and I guess his neighbor likes to leave her window open at night, then complain about anything loud. My car needed to be moved and it's a little bitch on cold start. Whoops.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:34 PM
Top Dog

So. Finally went to the doctor today.

$100 later....

He told me that my cough was probably some sort of infection, then proceeded to tell me he couldn't give me antibiotics because my chest cold was viral.

Told me to start taking high doses of pure vitamin C, refused to admit that it would aggravate my Crohn's and would actually help me.

Told me to start taking my Xanax(prescribed for anxiety) before every meal for my Crohn's...but refused to refill my prescription.

Told me to get buttermilk for the Thrush.

So, all in all, I'm absolutely pissed and and it was a $100 that I could NOT afford right down the drain. I'm half tempted to tell my bank to dispute the charges until I can get to another doctor because it's just pure ridiculous.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

The scrubs that I ordered for work are WAY too big. As in, pull the drawstring on the pants all the way tight and I still have a good 4-5 inches of space.

I wouldn't be so ticked if I hadn't actually taken the time to measure myself so that I made sure they would fit. Grr boo hiss.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
So. Finally went to the doctor today.

$100 later....
If you have to go back, do you have a CVS minute clinic nearby? (I think Target now has something similar in some stores too). I'm pretty sure CVS's office visit fee is only $40, and if you have insurance (ANY insurance) they'll take it.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Duuuuude.

I used to love my job but lately it has been getting worse and today, I hate my job.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 06-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
Today I worked 430am-530pm...got to the kennel at 4 (left my house at 330 am), got home at 6pm..

No, we are short staffed this week so I'm covering a bomber shift in the am and a tracker shift in the pm. I have different dogs. I have two bombers, and 5 trackers - I will probably just take one unless she gets too hot, then I'll bring two. She's new, and very young, so she may over-exert herself and not know any better.

And no LOL I *do* get weekends off most of the time (we have one training weekend a month) but they aren't longer. And if I am in town (we usually go to GA to train on the weekends) I always guilt myself into going in and at least laying a track for the guy/dog tracking.

ETA: Jason is picking up some other shift in the am and MAY spot half my tracking shift. Depending on how crappy I feel around 5pm (which is the only time we can swap 5-9pm). We do occasionally have completely opposite shifts, but normally not. I will have him lay me a track for my girl to find since she's new and it's a lot of walking.

ETA2: oh wait, did you mean my personal dogs? We have a pet sitter coming in to let them out mid-day. We usually take 2-3 to work with us and swim them before/after or run them, or do SOMETHING with them - train etc.
That's hardcore. I would love to know more about your work someday, it fascinates me.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Sport Model Pug

I'm 94% sure I'm dying. Nothing will stay in me and my guts feel like they're trying to digest razor blades and my whole body aches and it hurts to move... Why, universe... Why?

My Popsicle didn't even stay down =(

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug