Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-04-2013, 10:48 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
"She probably only likes _____ because of this hot guy!"
is so frikin sexist it makes me want to choke somebody!!!
Yes, especially that particular criticism. Because, so what if they are? Go peruse the female characters in these moves and MOST ESPECIALLY female superheroes' bodies and costumes, fanboy, and then get back to me about how beefcake in SF movies is wrongbad.

ETA: I worded that poorly. I'm not saying that hot guys ARE necessarily the only reason that girls like ____. I'm just saying, it's ok to like hot guys in your _____, and it doesn't invalidate liking ____ itself.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:09 PM
I'm All Ears

How can you get through three seasons of game of thrones and then get pissed off about the violence? Lol. It's not exactly new in the series. And it's not like the series is mass murdering people that didn't die in the book series....

I don't get the rage at HBO.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
How can you get through three seasons of game of thrones and then get pissed off about the violence? Lol. It's not exactly new in the series. And it's not like the series is mass murdering people that didn't die in the book series....
OMG hahaha I know. It's Game of Thrones folks... PEOPLE DIE. In super gruesome ways! A LOT. Since book one people.

I get the "BAH I'M NOT WATCHING THIS ANYMORE" because so-and-so died and you were Team Such-and-such but c'mon.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 06-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Defiantly can tell the Readers form the NonReader of my friends.

I still have that Billy Idol song in my head , and did you see Maisy reaction video? it is hilarious.

http://youtu.be/XXI706_sKTM

cant embedd for some reason .

I have been reading on Westeros.org and the debat is raging on what is going to be in the season finalle.

If they think this twist is wrong , wait until the end of book 5
Old 06-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Top Dog

There is a facebook page here that just takes pics of people from one town and makes fun of them. Like people of walmart but worse. Just if people are overweight or homeless. I will admit I laughed at some but others are just sad And everyone I know has liked the page. Just makes me feel bad. I know some of those people just have really hard lives.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 06-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
I'll be honest, I'm a little appalled that you haven't watched all the episodes, because how could you leave episodes unwatched??? Although it's probably different for book readers
Yeah, we're all wondering why you haven't read the books?!?
Just kidding, I probably know why, they're like 1000 pages each and can be slow at parts. Sometimes you get to someone's chapter and your heart sinks because you know it will be punishingly dull But when it's good, it's really good. You should at least read ASOS. The RW is only half of it. After AFFC (book 4) and ADWD (5) are supposed to be the middle chapters of a very long book. Honestly, while I still enjoyed them, I wouldn't blame someone for not wanting to read them.

Quote:
Agree on all counts! The build up towards that scene, with Cat lifting his sleeve and the way he just let her and smiled at her realization. Pure evil. I also definitely fell for what the writers were doing with Talisa (I mean, the letters, the conveniently distant family and background story, a few things Tywin had said in earlier seasons...). I liked her character, but it was always with some trepidition because of what the writers continued to hint at.
Now I think she may still a spy. Perhaps she fell in love with Robb and bailed on the Lannisters, or she didn't want to abort the baby or something. The letters and her initial behaviors are so suspicious, and Tywin said he has a spy in Robb's camp. I hope it is just a red herring though.

Quote:
I like him! But just in the "oh yeah, he's a cool guy" kind of way, because he doesn't stand out much to me.
I used to like him, before I'd read the books. When I read the books I realized a bit of character assassination had gone on. They cut most of his scenes (understandable), gave some of his better dialogue away to other characters, changed his other dialogue and took away all of his sharpness and craziness. His demeanor just isn't right. Additionally, he's supposed to be in his late 20's, be dark-haired and gaunt-faced. I'm just not impressed with what they've done to him.

Quote:
YES. I wasn't the only one! Haha I was actually admiring his movement during that part, it was definitely nice to see the Greywind, Summer, and Shaggydog. So far only Summer has really been the only one making an appearance this season.

The last bit with though
It was pretty tragic. Especially since his face had such likeness to a certain breed of dog in my house Even though I knew he was doomed I wished he would just break out of there.

Complaining about violence on HBO, especially on Game of Thrones which has been violent from the get-go, is totally ridiculous. Yes this was sad because you were attached, but it's an HBO program based on a book series that is trying to be someone realistic about e.g. the fate of a young, inexperienced rebel king who is losing a war against men with 100x the experience, and has broken a serious promise to one of his most vital allies.

IF YOU THINK THIS HAS A HAPPY ENDING, YOU HAVEN'T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION. lol

To be fair though, there was definitely one aspect of this that was very brutal that HBO invented all by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
Bah I don't believe it for a second.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Hey, if you don't want to read the books, do what I did - read the wikipedia summaries, LOL. I don't like gore (and in a book it's no better, because then it's up to my imagination to produce the imagery... ugh) but my friends kept talking about it, so I was like "Well I'll just SPOIL EVERYTHING for myself!"
And that is what I did hahaha.

ETA: My vent for today... my dad took my car back to the repair shop on Friday. They said they'd look at it Friday if they could get to it but Monday for sure. Monday came and went and I didn't hear anything. It's 2PM on Tuesday and I still haven't heard anything. My dad said he hasn't heard anything but he was off mowing all morning, so if they had tried to call him instead of me, he wasn't there to answer... which logically they should have called ME after that, and they DID call me last week (twice.) But they haven't yet.
I just want my car back. Or for them to tell me it's going to cost a few thousand dollars to fix and I can sob for a few hours and tell my beloved Hopscotch goodbye and then go buy a new car.

ETA2: I called them. They haven't even looked at it yet. Supposedly it's next in line.
sigh.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog

Last edited by Beanie; 06-04-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I finally watched Inception. It was way scarier than any horror movie I've ever seen. It set off my psych problems and I freaked out with panic attacks. Ugh.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:02 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Yes, especially that particular criticism. Because, so what if they are? Go peruse the female characters in these moves and MOST ESPECIALLY female superheroes' bodies and costumes, fanboy, and then get back to me about how beefcake in SF movies is wrongbad.

ETA: I worded that poorly. I'm not saying that hot guys ARE necessarily the only reason that girls like ____. I'm just saying, it's ok to like hot guys in your _____, and it doesn't invalidate liking ____ itself.
OH tries to pull this one on me, but I don't care ... I have a LONG list of movies/shows I admit I watch (or started watching) simply because I thought a character/actor was hot. Here are a few

TWD (Daryl Dixon ... hello?!)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (for Spike )
Castle (Nathan Fillion ... WUVED him since Firefly)
Any movie with George Clooney when I was younger
Indiana Jones/Star Wars back in the day because of young Harrison Ford
Anything with Johnny Depp

so see, girls can be just as shallow as guys, I just wish there wasn't such a double standard about it :/ cuz its not a bad thing for anyone to have their celeb fantasies ... as long as they don't get crazy stalkerish with it.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Top Dog

Website says packages take 7 - 12 days to arrive... I talked to a customer service representative (it's been two weeks) and she says it takes 7 - 25 days. OH OKAY THEN.

Quote:
I have to laugh at all the outrage over 'what HBO did'. Apparently none of those viewers read the books? lol 'Omg, I can't believe HBO!' Shouldn't you be taking this up with George R R Martin? He's the one that wrote it!
Well, to be fair... they did kill Talisa, and Ned Stark Jr, neither of which apparently existed in the books (read somewhere that Talisa's character is pretty different from "Jeyne's"?). Okay no, it really is still is G. R. R. Martin's fault. Using the TV show to tie up loose ends, I guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
**SPOILERS IN WHITE**

There is SO much GoT rage going on right now!

I've read posts where people are cancelling their HBO subscriptions because of The violence. If people are so against the violence, I wonder why they didn't just cancel after the first episode? This isn't the first instance of heavy violence. Ned was beheaded in season one, King Robert's bastards were killed, Theon had his genitals cut off, Ned had to kill Lady the direwolf, etc, etc.

I think that HBO did a REALLY good job with this episode. Dany's army takes down the entire city and everything is going well, and then comes the mass slaughtering at the red wedding.
That's the first time I heard about people being outraged about the violence! LOL that's ridiculous. HBO had never been shy about showing chopped off heads and blood in the show. Everyone I know was just majorly pissed that Robb died. To be honest, it's the Theon torture scenes and the close-ups on Jaime's arm stub that were the hardest to stomach for me.

Quote:

I don't get the rage at HBO.
Oh me neither. I'm angry at G. R. R. Martin because he's the reason we can't have nice things, but let's be honest - that's one of the things I love about the show/storyline.

Unless he kills Arya or Dany (I know book readers hate Dany, so shaddup). Then IT IS OVER.

Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
OMG hahaha I know. It's Game of Thrones folks... PEOPLE DIE. In super gruesome ways! A LOT. Since book one people.

I get the "BAH I'M NOT WATCHING THIS ANYMORE" because so-and-so died and you were Team Such-and-such but c'mon.
They'll be back. We always come back. The show/story is too good xD Honestly I can see Game of Thrones gaining some new viewers from being at the top of the trending news and on every website this past week. Plus, I can see all the show watchers running out to pick up the books because "GODDAMNIT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
Defiantly can tell the Readers form the NonReader of my friends.

I still have that Billy Idol song in my head , and did you see Maisy reaction video? it is hilarious.

http://youtu.be/XXI706_sKTM

cant embedd for some reason .

I have been reading on Westeros.org and the debat is raging on what is going to be in the season finalle.

Maisy is adorable! I saw her and Sophie Turner's reaction videos and well... hers was really weird. Awkward.

Book 5? Oh man we won't be there for another 3 to 5 years at least. Considering they split Book 3 into 2 seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Yeah, we're all wondering why you haven't read the books?!?
Just kidding, I probably know why, they're like 1000 pages each and can be slow at parts. Sometimes you get to someone's chapter and your heart sinks because you know it will be punishingly dull But when it's good, it's really good. You should at least read ASOS. The RW is only half of it. After AFFC (book 4) and ADWD (5) are supposed to be the middle chapters of a very long book. Honestly, while I still enjoyed them, I wouldn't blame someone for not wanting to read them.
Yeah, all the words :c

Haha and well, this is going to horrify you (I know CharlieDog yelled at me for this) but I DID browse through the books, but just to read the Arya and Dany parts And even then I sort of just skimmed them. So I know their storyline-ish. I've downloaded the audiobooks though, and while it's not quite the same experience, it's a lot easier for me because I don't have to put aside any time and can multitask while listening!

Quote:
Now I think she may still a spy. Perhaps she fell in love with Robb and bailed on the Lannisters, or she didn't want to abort the baby or something. The letters and her initial behaviors are so suspicious, and Tywin said he has a spy in Robb's camp. I hope it is just a red herring though.
Aghh, that's what everyone is saying now! I think the theory now is that she was a spy, and she either fell in love or had a change of heart with her pregnancy. So the letter she was writing a few episodes back could have been to her family letting them know, but then it was intercepted by the Lannisters or whatnot. I want that theory to be wrong, too. Fine, Robb was being an idiot and broke an oath, but I thought their relationship was sweet. I liked Talisa's character.

Quote:
I used to like him, before I'd read the books. When I read the books I realized a bit of character assassination had gone on. They cut most of his scenes (understandable), gave some of his better dialogue away to other characters, changed his other dialogue and took away all of his sharpness and craziness. His demeanor just isn't right. Additionally, he's supposed to be in his late 20's, be dark-haired and gaunt-faced. I'm just not impressed with what they've done to him.
Oh! Did you watch part of the show first and then read the books? Now I really feel like I should.

Quote:
It was pretty tragic. Especially since his face had such likeness to a certain breed of dog in my house Even though I knew he was doomed I wished he would just break out of there.
Those eyes Book readers are saying that in the book, at least he went down fighting and I wish they included that in the show... it would have eased the pain a little.

Quote:
IF YOU THINK THIS HAS A HAPPY ENDING, YOU HAVEN'T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION. lol
The Boltons are bastards xD

Quote:
To be fair though, there was definitely one aspect of this that was very brutal that HBO invented all by itself
"SURPRISE, BOOK READERS! And you thought you knew everything!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Hey, if you don't want to read the books, do what I did - read the wikipedia summaries, LOL. I don't like gore (and in a book it's no better, because then it's up to my imagination to produce the imagery... ugh) but my friends kept talking about it, so I was like "Well I'll just SPOIL EVERYTHING for myself!"
And that is what I did hahaha.
LOL You're the only person who's actually recommending that

Do you still watch the show though? I accidentally read quite a few big spoilers while reading a Wiki page on one of the characters, which is why ultimately I decided "screw it, going to download the books and just read their chapters!". I wish I didn't read those spoilers, but at the same time with all the GOT related pages I browse... it would have happened sooner or later. That and I have no patience or self restraint.