Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
We are in total agreement.

P.S. I didn't realize you were back in school?! What are you studying?
It's a placement test because I've been out of HS for four years now (**** I'm getting old) so they wanna see how my arithmetic and basic algebra knowledge has held up.

I've applied for culinary arts.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 06-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
It's a placement test because I've been out of HS for four years now (**** I'm getting old) so they wanna see how my arithmetic and basic algebra knowledge has held up.

FUN! I've always been interested in that field, but no way I have the dedication, lol. I love food

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:

If it's anything like the placement test I took when I applied to be a vet tech, you will study your brains out, freak out, have a meltdown and cry because you forgot you're terrible at math, then take the placement test, and it will be so easy, not cover half the stuff you studied, and then you'll be so mad regardless of the 100% you get. BECAUSE YOU STUDIED THAT OTHER STUFF TOO. WHERE IS IT. YOU SAID IT WOULD BE ON HERE.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 06-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
If it's anything like the placement test I took when I applied to be a vet tech, you will study your brains out, freak out, have a meltdown and cry because you forgot you're terrible at math, then take the placement test, and it will be so easy, not cover half the stuff you studied, and then you'll be so mad regardless of the 100% you get. BECAUSE YOU STUDIED THAT OTHER STUFF TOO. WHERE IS IT. YOU SAID IT WOULD BE ON HERE.
That's what I'm hoping. But I'm using the study app put out by the actual testing company and doing their practice tests and while I'm remembering stuff, it's still making me feel like vomiting. I strongly dislike math.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 06-02-2013, 01:20 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Hannah just experienced her first bee sting. The good news is she isn't having an allergic reaction, just some swelling at the site. That doesn't mean she won't have a reaction another time, of course. Ibuprofen and some ice should help but she is one heartbroken little girl

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
That's what I'm hoping. But I'm using the study app put out by the actual testing company and doing their practice tests and while I'm remembering stuff, it's still making me feel like vomiting. I strongly dislike math.
Same here. The college gave me a big paper packet and I worked through it repeatedly on notebook paper so I could re-do the tests over and over until I felt confident. I seriously broke down and cried at one point working on mine.
MATH BAD.

Take it seriously but try not to stress out too much about it! For culinary arts you probably don't need a super high score anyway (you didn't need one for the CVT either. Basically just placing into algebra/above Math 99 which is the "wow you really don't know ANYTHING about math do you?" class.) You can probably retake it too!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 06-02-2013, 05:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

It's not very hard, I promise! I am THE worst at math, and I didn't even complete all the questions on my placement test and I still managed to place in the regular class.

Don't sweat it!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Top Dog

I'm an algebra teacher (i.e. the devil's assistant, to you guys ), so feel free to ask if you get stuck on something.

purplemath.com does a nice job of breaking things down, I've found
Old 06-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

I am bored. I did everything I needed to do today... made 10 gallons of laundry soap, 2 gallons of fabric softener, laundry, cleaned kitchen, grocery shopping, paid bills, put the new glass on the screen door up, blah, blah, blah... I'm off tomorrow too. WTF am I going to do with myself?! I'm seriously thinking about calling the salon and telling them to put me on the books and throw me the last minute call ins... I'm starting to remember why I didn't want to go back to work - when I have a full time job, I throw myself into it and become a work a holic rather than wanting to spend time with my family etc. i'd rather be at work. Sad, right?

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Top Dog

I do not like puppies. I want this puppy to get adopted and find someone who loves him.... Just get him out of my house. He was cute at first but I miss walking my well-behaved dog... And my floor not being riddled with pee pads only so the puppy can pee right beside them...

Oh boy. Adult rescue, ftw.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp