Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #6001  
Old 05-31-2013, 04:54 PM
JessLough JessLough is online now
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Um.
You realize 14 years old makes it a 2000 right?
And that's really not that old?
What collection value does a 2000 have, exactly?

__________________
Ella: 3 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~8 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #6002  
Old 05-31-2013, 04:56 PM
-bogart- -bogart- is offline
Member of WHODAT Nation.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 3,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Yeah, what!? I drove a 93 until 2012... Almost 20 years old and she was pretty reliable.

We where just offered 5,000 for our 96 ford 1500 , may be a 94 m i forget.
It is in to good of shape to let go.


Beanie , I wish ya was closer I would make my hubby fix ya car for free.
Reply With Quote
  #6003  
Old 05-31-2013, 05:07 PM
CharlieDog's Avatar
CharlieDog CharlieDog is offline
Rude and Not Ginger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9,218
Default

I've got a 96 Jeep with 240xxx miles on it and it still runs like a hoss. Older cars aren't always a bad thing. Hell, my mothers newer car with 78xxx on it has more problems than my Jeep does.
Reply With Quote
  #6004  
Old 05-31-2013, 05:08 PM
DJEtzel's Avatar
DJEtzel DJEtzel is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 2,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
We where just offered 5,000 for our 96 ford 1500 , may be a 94 m i forget.
It is in to good of shape to let go.


Beanie , I wish ya was closer I would make my hubby fix ya car for free.
I pretty much ran mine into the ground and still got 2grand out of it. I only paid 4 in 2009 for it!
__________________

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Reply With Quote
  #6005  
Old 05-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is offline
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
Beanie , I wish ya was closer I would make my hubby fix ya car for free.
My dad is my mechanic most of the time. Unfortunately the BCM is the sort of thing that actually needs a computer to reprogram, or the car just won't run. And those computers are so expensive that even a lot of smaller body shops just don't have them.

The funny thing about old cars versus new cars... you know how many computers my car has? Three. You know how many a new car has? Double-digits. It's getting really hard for the small shops to fix a lot of things because of all the computers involved. =/
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
  #6006  
Old 05-31-2013, 05:36 PM
noludoru's Avatar
noludoru noludoru is offline
Bored Now.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 17,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
FourTEEN??? Wow! At that stage I think I would be cutting my losses with that car ... Unless your keeping it for the collection value.

I'm lucky, OH has a friend who is a jockey but also does mechanic work on the side for a fraction of what a garage cost.
I was going to ask you to shut up about things you know nothing about, but then I took a step back and realized how hard you just made me laugh.

Please continue.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
And it's a turbo so it gets good mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #6007  
Old 05-31-2013, 05:56 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
Nuke it from orbit ...
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I was going to ask you to shut up about things you know nothing about, but then I took a step back and realized how hard you just made me laugh.

Please continue.
Gee, asshole ... Much?

Does it make you feel matter to be such a large one?

Just saying.
__________________
If there are any typos, it means I am on my phone LOL



Reply With Quote
  #6008  
Old 05-31-2013, 06:09 PM
-bogart- -bogart- is offline
Member of WHODAT Nation.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 3,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
My dad is my mechanic most of the time. Unfortunately the BCM is the sort of thing that actually needs a computer to reprogram, or the car just won't run. And those computers are so expensive that even a lot of smaller body shops just don't have them.

The funny thing about old cars versus new cars... you know how many computers my car has? Three. You know how many a new car has? Double-digits. It's getting really hard for the small shops to fix a lot of things because of all the computers involved. =/
YES ~ those brains are why he has quit being a mechanic. I swear they make newer cars to break and make them so that the dealerships are the only ones who can fix them.
Reply With Quote
  #6009  
Old 05-31-2013, 06:30 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
Nuke it from orbit ...
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
YES ~ those brains are why he has quit being a mechanic. I swear they make newer cars to break and make them so that the dealerships are the only ones who can fix them.
It's a conspiracy I tell you!!!
__________________
If there are any typos, it means I am on my phone LOL



Reply With Quote
  #6010  
Old 05-31-2013, 06:38 PM
RedHotDobe's Avatar
RedHotDobe RedHotDobe is offline
aka RedHotBabe
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,366
Default

I have to sell my cars. They're a 1999.5 and a 2001.5. Too old and not worth keeping.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site