Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-31-2013, 08:58 AM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I feel like if I was going to bother saying anything about that, it wouldn't have been on a dog forum that you post on.
Okay whew. I already felt bad about that one because I wasn't giving a straight answer right away. TUGMAKING. Positive! <3

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 05-31-2013, 09:26 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Spent $500-odd dollars at the service center to get my Impala fixed. They told me they got a code for the body control module, which we suspected, but people have replaced the BCM and it NOT fixed the problem, so I was nervous but hoped since they actually got the code it might really fix the issue.

Car won't start this morning.

I just want to cry. I had it for a DAY. ONE. DAY.

And now all I can think about is how many hundreds - thousands - of dollars am I going to end up spending trying to fix a fourteen year old car...

ETA: and the boss just sent me an e-mail with a list of almost 30 things he wants me to do. and of course everything is a priority.
ready to burst into tears now.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-31-2013, 09:28 AM
Wookie Collie

I feel like a heel. My life has been insanity lately. 30+ hours a week at the dayjob, plus many hours a week at the old house cleaning up old roomie messes and trying to get ex to pack all of his things in a timely manner... and trying to get the rest of my stuff settled in to my new place. I'm moving nonstop and when I do stop, I sleep. 40-minute power naps are becoming a Thing.

AlliePets has been neglected. I hate myself for it. I have outstanding client work and people waiting on quotes and canvases and... there just aren't enough hours in my day.

The kicker is that my current goal is to focus less on dayjob and more on AlliePets, because dayjob is starting to grate on me.

I need a clone.

RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 05-31-2013, 12:25 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Had plans for something. Made sure I was free for plans. Plans are no longer. *sigh* annoyed.
Ugh I hate that... And I set myself up for it all the time too ((((hugs)))))

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 05-31-2013, 02:02 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I don't wanna work anymore. Boo. I've been super productive today, and I'm just kind of over it. Running on no sleep for... 21 hours now. Blah. I'm ready for bed and snuggles with Rider.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 05-31-2013, 02:53 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Nacho is not eating. Again. Well, he eats a couple bites every few days... Assumedly to make his stomach stop hurting from starvation.

He's at a horrible weight, to the point that I'm worried somebody is going to call animal control on me for not feeding him.

He has had a full checkup and there was NOTHING found. With one of the best ferret bets in the city, who consulted with the best ferret vet the next day, and he concurred with her findings.

I just... I do not even know what to do. His teeth are fine, so it is not hurting hin to chew. Even if it was... He will not eat anything soft.

I just can not justify spending money on test after test after test when there is nothing showing up on xrays or blood tests to point to something wrong. If the xrays just gave us a clue... But honestly, he is a nearly 6 year old ferret. How much do you put one through, when they are at the ens of their life span anyway?

Ella has an appointment with my vet on Thursday. As much as I hate Prednisolone... i think i may ask her to let me run a round of it with him. Then, if it works, at least that is basically telling me it's cancer, and I have a reason. But at the same time... i don't want to know. This year has already sucked so much. I just don't have it in me for more bad news. *sigh*

I just don't know.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-31-2013, 03:06 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Spent $500-odd dollars at the service center to get my Impala fixed. They told me they got a code for the body control module, which we suspected, but people have replaced the BCM and it NOT fixed the problem, so I was nervous but hoped since they actually got the code it might really fix the issue.

Car won't start this morning.

I just want to cry. I had it for a DAY. ONE. DAY.

And now all I can think about is how many hundreds - thousands - of dollars am I going to end up spending trying to fix a fourteen year old car...

ETA: and the boss just sent me an e-mail with a list of almost 30 things he wants me to do. and of course everything is a priority.
ready to burst into tears now.
FourTEEN??? Wow! At that stage I think I would be cutting my losses with that car ... Unless your keeping it for the collection value.

I'm lucky, OH has a friend who is a jockey but also does mechanic work on the side for a fraction of what a garage cost.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:44 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
FourTEEN??? Wow! At that stage I think I would be cutting my losses with that car ... Unless your keeping it for the collection value.
Um.
You realize 14 years old makes it a 2000 right?
And that's really not that old?
What collection value does a 2000 have, exactly?

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-31-2013, 03:54 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post

I'm lucky, OH has a friend who is a jockey but also does mechanic work on the side for a fraction of what a garage cost.
Tons of cars far older than Beanie's are still going strong. If you take good care of a car throughout its life and not be in too many collisions, it can last a long long time.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Um.
You realize 14 years old makes it a 2000 right?
And that's really not that old?
What collection value does a 2000 have, exactly?

Yeah, what!? I drove a 93 until 2012... Almost 20 years old and she was pretty reliable.

My mom stills drives a 98 and it hasn't had any trouble. When you take care of them, they last pretty long.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm