Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
The fact that anyone thinks that Obama has gotten where he is because of his skin color is just..I can't even think of a word that sums it up! I'll just go with WRONG.

Anybody who had any grasp on how deep racism runs would understand that Obama has reached where he is today largely in spite of his race and background, certainly not because of it.
Regardless of the few token examples of "Oh I know a guy who voted for him because he's black!"
How many racists do you think live and breathe and vote in this country?
How many presidents do you know that have been hung dry over a birth certificate? their name? Do you have any idea how many challenges Obama must have faced to even break through and get as far as he has, regardless of how you feel about him, take a look at the VAST MAJORITY of those in congress and politics in general and tell me that things aren't skewed in a certain white direction.

"People just vote for Obama because he's black! WAHH! Poor Mittens! It must be so hard being a white male running for president! I mean look at the history books! WHITE MEN JUST CAN'T CATCH A BREAK RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY!"
Yet again, just quoting Fran to say yes, this is what I was trying to say only its much better in her words
Old 10-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Top Dog

I hate to say it, but down here in the South, most Obama haters are Christians. They are blinded by the idea that Obama must be a Muslim who wants to take down America, a gay lover, and a man who hates God and murders fetuses. That's most of the southern argument against him and it makes me sick that people can be so blind with hatred and ignorance.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
I hate to say it, but down here in the South, most Obama haters are Christians. They are blinded by the idea that Obama must be a Muslim who wants to take down America, a gay lover, and a man who hates God and murders fetuses. That's most of the southern argument against him and it makes me sick that people can be so blind with hatred and ignorance.
Also true. Another forum I'm on has a ton of people who are only supporting Romney because he's Christian.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Top Dog

Not particularly a vent, but more of a quandary...

I was looking at available horses at a horse rescue and they adopted out horses and bred them as well. (The ones they have for adoption.) Is it just me or is that odd?

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Top Dog

Tread carefully with equine rescues. Website link? What are they breeding? Is their breeding stock performance tested? Good conformation? If they are producing worthy stock and taking in some rescues too, that's great. If not..run.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Tread carefully with equine rescues. Website link? What are they breeding? Is their breeding stock performance tested? Good conformation? If they are producing worthy stock and taking in some rescues too, that's great. If not..run.
http://lahorserescue.com/

Old 10-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
They just seized over 60 mares back in January. I bet some of them were preggers.

I can't find where the rescue themselves are breeding the mares, though.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Top Dog

I may have misread the "available horses" page.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Blackout

Mom, if we do indeed lose the house we will be going our separate ways. Dad isn't willing to take up digs with you at your brother's residence and neither am I - and your son is keen on a gamer friend of his basement sofa.

This was inevitable - your kids would move out sooner or later - and your husband can't stand that brother of yours; you've said yourself that time apart wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing either...so stop freaking out about our family "splitting up" kays? we will all be just a text or call away from each other (that's close enough as it is) and we still have a fighting chance of keeping this roof over our heads anyways - which is what me and dad are focusing all our energy on now - I suggest you join us.

Cautious regards,
Stephy

Now for some K-pop.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/U7mPqycQ0tQ
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 10-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Glutton for Crazy

While we were packing the moving truck Shamoo knocked over a bag of kibble. I didn't think much was gone so I didn't induce vomiting. Over night she gorged on water and woke me 4 times to get outside. Today she's coming to work, fat as a tick, so I don't have to clean out a poop filled crate tonight. In this family we reward bad behavior. :-/
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.