Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-19-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm All Ears

Worst damage is right at the exit where the expo center and agility show was.

Multiple fatalities in a trailer park, they're saying.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:36 AM
Top Dog

I had a dream last night about a very good friend that I lost suddenly a couple years ago, and it just led to a very sad and emotional day. It caught me off guard, I don't know what triggered the dream, I just know I wasn't expecting to be sad today.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:37 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I really like someone I work with. But we haven't talked that much, and I'm too shy to talk to him!! Not only that, but he's moving. So it would be pointless anyway. Which sucks because I think if he wasn't moving, I could really, really like this person. He's just really nice, and cute, and good with kids, and... I like him lol! And I'm having to work directly with him doing drama club this summer before he moves, and I really don't want to start liking him even more if he's just going to move! And I had a dream about him last night (nothing weird lol!) and I hate that because it makes you feel like you know someone that you really don't.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 05-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Kung Pow Fish

A breeder I dont know had one of his kids dogs (an Am Bully) seizure and die during the tornado. So so so so so sad *hugs her dogs tight*
Old 05-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
I really like someone I work with. But we haven't talked that much, and I'm too shy to talk to him!! Not only that, but he's moving. So it would be pointless anyway. Which sucks because I think if he wasn't moving, I could really, really like this person. He's just really nice, and cute, and good with kids, and... I like him lol! And I'm having to work directly with him doing drama club this summer before he moves, and I really don't want to start liking him even more if he's just going to move! And I had a dream about him last night (nothing weird lol!) and I hate that because it makes you feel like you know someone that you really don't.
Where is he moving to?

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 05-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

...We were contacted about a WPG who was up for adoption who had bird drive about a week ago. Apparently he was adopted out this weekend, without us even meeting him, even though we were told that we were a "preferred home". There is more to the story of his adoption family, but I don't feel comfortable posting it online. I'm just confused as to why you would have brought it up to us if you already had a home lined up?

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 05-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Our trainer just gave us the thumbs up to enter Payton in some trials. I'm thinking of doing just jumpers in the local indoor trial, then entering him full on in a trial at the end of July with the thought that I will pull him if things aren't going how I want.

This should be fun and exciting.

Instead I am just kind of sad. Because I should be trialing with Auggie. And I'm not. I'm writing a different dog's name on the forms, different numbers, different info. If I travel to the one I'm thinking of traveling for, I will probably just take P and leave Auggie behind.
I know I did the right thing, so why am I still sad and upset about it? I want to trial with my Auggie. And in my head I'm like "Well I guess I could just enter him in jumpers... just to play..." but I know he stresses out so much about trials I just don't think that's fair or right, and it's selfish, because Auggie is happiest to just play in our backyard rather than trial. So I won't. But it still makes me sad and I can't figure out why.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Top Dog

My husband's company is reducing the size of their staff at his facility by 20% probably be the end of the month. No one knows who is on the chopping block.

One of my co-worker's, her mom lives in SW MO and breeds Akitas. My co-worker came in today and said her mom's place was hit by the tornado yesterday and she is missing a bunch of dogs.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 05-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Love My Mutt <3

That moment that you're sitting, waiting for news, and the clock just seems to be moving at it's slowest ever.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-20-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm All Ears

My entire office is in lockdown under tornado warning. Never watched a tornadic storm come in from the 37th floor. :/.