Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-18-2013, 11:39 AM
Top Dog

How is the person who went to bed early, didn't get up a million times with both a fussy toddler and an asshole barking dog (looking at you, Aesop) who thought barking nonstop until I finally booted him out to the backyard at 4 am, the one who gets to sleep in? exhausted and crabby.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm All Ears

So flipping hot outside.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm All Ears

My house has no power
Old 05-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Duuuuude.

I've lived here for 6 years and have next to no friends. My very best friend lives 900 miles away, and my closest local friend has a very different schedule than mine so we see each other every few months, if we're lucky. I had a solid group of friends for a while, but that fell apart because of stupid drama and I just kind of... haven't made any new ones since that happened, which was a couple years ago.

I have friends at work, but we all tend to work different shifts, which means that when I'm off they're not and vice versa.

I spend almost all my free time with my boyfriend, which is wonderful, but he was out of state for work for two months and has more long projects coming up, and with him gone I realized just how lonely I am. Next time he's gone is going to suck.

I'm looking at Meetup.com, but it seems like all the ones I'm interested in usually hold events on weekends, which I can't do. Plus... idk, I'm just kind of shy/have a hard time getting out there. It sucks.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 05-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Top Dog

I was fixing dinner, so had Aesop outside as it is reasonably nice for May in Arizona. I heard a tiny yelp-like sound. Not unheard of, as there are dogs on every side of us AND my dog is sometimes clumsy and runs into the fence, steps on a rock, etc. Went outside to check and no, my doofus is IN the neighbor's yard He's dog reactive and particularly hates their dog. Thank heavens mos of his issues are in regards to barriers and he's also not at all human aggressive, so when THEY came out to see what the heck was happening, he stood there like a fruitcake.

Apparently there was a four inch section of chain link missing at the bottom of a fence we share. I hadn't noticed it because it was behind a rock and..well..who pays attention to a four inch hole when your dog is 65 lbs

Fixed now. But embarrassing. Sooo embarrassing.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paviche View Post
I've lived here for 6 years and have next to no friends. My very best friend lives 900 miles away, and my closest local friend has a very different schedule than mine so we see each other every few months, if we're lucky. I had a solid group of friends for a while, but that fell apart because of stupid drama and I just kind of... haven't made any new ones since that happened, which was a couple years ago.

I have friends at work, but we all tend to work different shifts, which means that when I'm off they're not and vice versa.

I spend almost all my free time with my boyfriend, which is wonderful, but he was out of state for work for two months and has more long projects coming up, and with him gone I realized just how lonely I am. Next time he's gone is going to suck.

I'm looking at Meetup.com, but it seems like all the ones I'm interested in usually hold events on weekends, which I can't do. Plus... idk, I'm just kind of shy/have a hard time getting out there. It sucks.
I seriously feel like I was the one who posted that.

My social life consisted of work friends and boyfriend. I dumped boyfriend and moved to CO. Now I have no friends. It sucks.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:55 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post

My social life consisted of work friends and boyfriend. I dumped boyfriend and moved to CO. Now I have no friends. It sucks.
You know you can always come here, you don't even have to call. I don't care. <3 I love having you over and hainging out with you - even if I'm grooming you can always sit in the salon with me and talk. I'm not super mobile right now anyway, so I'm bored and lonely.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:56 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post

x3. Most people my age have kids and while that is fine with me, it seems like people with kids don't trust people without them. I don't know. Or the people my age I know without kids are single and super into the bar scene. Also not my cup of tea. Every day of the weekend.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:08 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyGroomer View Post
You know you can always come here, you don't even have to call. I don't care. <3 I love having you over and hainging out with you - even if I'm grooming you can always sit in the salon with me and talk. I'm not super mobile right now anyway, so I'm bored and lonely.
You know I secretly hate you, right?

And I would love to come hang out. <3

Having Chris visit made me realize JUST how lonely I am. I went from having him there all the time and having someone to do stuff with to suddenly. . . not. I went from having a few friends I adore to hang with at work to having no friends at work. I don't even have time to text people lately.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:10 AM
Duuuuude.

I guess the obvious answer is that we should all hang out, right?

I joined a couple Meetup groups. Yay for baby steps, I guess.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff

Last edited by Paviche; 05-19-2013 at 12:11 AM. Reason: adding