Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-04-2013, 08:19 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
A client brought their ten year old JRT in for a euth yesterday because she had thrown up twice in the course of a day and a half. When the vet said we generally don't euth otherwise healthy/happy dogs, the owner became irate, yelling "should I just go shoot her?". They ended up discussing it with both his wife and himself and it was agreed to sign the dog over for rehoming. She's a bit nervous, but has ad no vomiting.

For pete's sake..
The aggravating cherry on top of this aggravating situation is the emotional blackmail. Nothing gets me into a zen rage faster than that. Whether YOU choose to shoot your dog or not has nothing to do with ME, but let's make this all my fault, mmmmkay? *rageface*

Old 05-04-2013, 08:19 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
A client brought their ten year old JRT in for a euth yesterday because she had thrown up twice in the course of a day and a half. When the vet said we generally don't euth otherwise healthy/happy dogs, the owner became irate, yelling "should I just go shoot her?". They ended up discussing it with both his wife and himself and it was agreed to sign the dog over for rehoming. She's a bit nervous, but has ad no vomiting.

For pete's sake..
Ugh hate people. Assuming they've had the dog its whole life... how does someone give up so easily...

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-04-2013, 08:21 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Ugh hate people. Assuming they've had the dog its whole life... how does someone give up so easily...
Doc, you've gotta put her down! I've tried nothing and I'm fresh out of ideas! What? You won't euthanize her? What am I supposed to do, just DESTROY THE ENTIRE EARTH WITH NUCLEAR BOMBS?

Old 05-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Quote:

For pete's sake..
Two dogs were surrendered today with porcupine quills in their faces. Owners were just going to leave them be because they couldn't afford the cost of having them removed. Like whattttt.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:33 PM
orange iguanas.

Blah. Was just petting Juno and noticed the tiniest of tiny bump on her head. I'm a little bit surprised I even felt it, that's how small it is. But it's THERE. I'm hoping it's just a bug bite or some other little irritation that goes away, but I'll be watching it... I just worry about these things too much with boxers.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:35 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Blah. Was just petting Juno and noticed the tiniest of tiny bump on her head. I'm a little bit surprised I even felt it, that's how small it is. But it's THERE. I'm hoping it's just a bug bite or some other little irritation that goes away, but I'll be watching it... I just worry about these things too much with boxers.
Hope it turns out to be nothing.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Allons-y!

Bleh. Just a really long, stressful day. I got roped into doing this sci-fi/fantasy conference today, and I got to meet Tamora Pierce (which was cool) and talk a whole lot about Buffy (also cool) but it was exhausting and I lost a whole day of studying for my finals next week. I also ended up stopping at home, and the dogs are all being turds. Journey is in standing heat, so she and Newton are rather obnoxious (relegated to different areas of the house, but protesting loudly). Cricket's tail splint was supposed to come off yesterday, but she's being really bad about letting us take it off. I don't if it still hurts or if she just thinks that it will, but she DOES NOT want anyone touching it, and was struggling mightily when we tried to hold her still to do it, to the point where we had to leave it on for fear of hurting her more. I'm not really sure what to do about it at this point.

Emily &:
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!
Old 05-04-2013, 09:06 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Hope it turns out to be nothing.
Thanks, I sure hope so too! Juno is not allowed to have lumps. I've already had this discussion with her.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:07 AM
aka RedHotBabe

I've been so sick that Adam bought me pseudophedrine, which I can't have, and my appetite has been so lacking that he told me to get the morning bun at Starbucks I was eyeing this morning, when I don't eat grains. I'm done being sick.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I'M TRYING TO FIX YOUR COMPUTER.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT.
STOP STANDING TWO FEET BEHIND ME.
GO.
AWAY.

lowercase requirements ruin my rage.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ