Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-26-2013, 06:06 PM
Bite me.

We put in a KILLER offer on a home that we really liked. Offered $46,000 ABOVE asking price because it was perfect for us.

We heard the verdict today, someone else put in a higher bid. I am so bummed and sad, this housing market is insane.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:15 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

I'm right at the start of a **** load of dental work I was so excited to finally be able to afford and I did not predict what a bad time it would be. I got braces at the beginning of the month and had two teeth removed yesterday, two more being removed next week. This **** is miserable.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliraptor View Post
We put in a KILLER offer on a home that we really liked. Offered $46,000 ABOVE asking price because it was perfect for us.

We heard the verdict today, someone else put in a higher bid. I am so bummed and sad, this housing market is insane.
I totally understand how you feel. Keep trying and do your best to keep a level head when in multiple offer situations.
When we were looking, homes we loved went for $100,000+ over asking, and the house was already on the expensive side of things!

There is the perfect house out there for you! Don't give up hope!
Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Bite me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I totally understand how you feel. Keep trying and do your best to keep a level head when in multiple offer situations.
When we were looking, homes we loved went for $100,000+ over asking, and the house was already on the expensive side of things!

There is the perfect house out there for you! Don't give up hope!
Thanks! We are lucky, I guess, we have a home now. Space for the dogs and horses. We just wanted something that was not a mile down a dirt road. This one was just SO cute, I LOVED it. Sigh

I DO believe things happen or don't happen for a reason. Just wish I knew what it was.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:12 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I want to be able to enjoy my dog! We should be out and playing and walking, training, showing and it feels like he hasn't left the house in MONTHS. And I hope it doesn't mess him up socially. Another 3 weeks till his check up. And we could still have another 6 weeks after that
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-27-2013, 06:00 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliraptor View Post
Thanks! We are lucky, I guess, we have a home now. Space for the dogs and horses. We just wanted something that was not a mile down a dirt road. This one was just SO cute, I LOVED it. Sigh

I DO believe things happen or don't happen for a reason. Just wish I knew what it was.
Same thing keeps happening to us perfect house last year and think it was thirty over we offered. People are fighting over the acerage and a decent house here. And it's few and far between a nice place comes up.

We would love to be down a dirt road though lol!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 04-27-2013, 07:33 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

My suv smells like rotting flesh badly.

Thursday night I was driving home and ran over an already dead deer. There was no way I could avoid her since there were cars on either side of me and I was driving too fast to slow down in time.

When I drove over her my car was lifted up a little and I felt something underneath me snap. Maybe it was one of her legs snapping? I don't know. Even though she was already dead I felt terrible driving over her and I was also worried about the potential damage to the under carriage of my car.

I got home and went to bed. I was off work yesterday and just stayed home. When Josh got home early from work he asked me if I wanted to go see a movie so we walked out to my car. That's when I noticed that there is red stringy crap all over my car. It's all over the bottom half of my vehicle and I'm sure underneath it as well. I got in my car and it smells like something has been rotting in there for weeks now. I can understand it stinking outside the car since it was sitting in the sun all day baking, but I can't get over how bad it smells inside the car.

Car wash places were already closed so I couldn't take it straight to a car wash. Going to on my way to work, but don't know how I'm going to get that nasty rotting smell out of the inside of my car.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Irritate with Caution!!

Answer phone at work:
"Brighton Landfill, Laura speaking"

Customer

"Hello? Is this the Brighton Landfill?"

Gonna be a loooong day...
Old 04-27-2013, 10:48 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLeigh View Post
Been crying all day, just feel unbearably, sad......

I have nothing to do with my time now that the trailer is set up but sit and stew...

I should walk, do something.... But I walked with Foster, read a book and relaxed with Diamond, I just can't figure out what to do with myself, it's like the shock is wearing off and now I'm lost....
*hug* I can't even imagine, Laura.. We are here for you.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 04-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Sport Model Pug

We had to kick a dog out of the store today for soaking three shelves of product with urine.

Oh and he was a service dog too. Ugh. It was awkward as the lady shopped at my old store for her old service dog who passed away and knows me. This is her new one and he wasn't paying attention at all and he was all over the place lifting his leg.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug