Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Thumbs down

Tyler and I just got our sixth, yes I sad SIXTH wedding invitation in the mail today. And we have to go to all of them. It's going to be one wedding crazy summer. Bah!

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 04-22-2013, 02:45 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Blech I hate social gatherings of any kind & ussually avoid them like the plague unless I know the person whos getting married or whatever pretty well, otherwise the invitation gets filed under CS for chicken ****

Old 04-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Dog was taken from our work yesterday. People suck.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Top Dog

Been a bad week. Everything just sorta off-kilter and no one is on the same page. Both BeAu and Rhio have had bad days at work this week. Tried to have a good day yesterday and went out to the Zoo with everyone + my brother and the guys bonded well. Seemed like things were looking up for all of us.

Today, BeAu's aunt died. He nearly had a wreck on the way to school. Broke down a few times. He's in a bad spot, and I wish I could do something to help him, and I can't.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Obey the Toad.

I'm in the waiting room for the oil change place waiting for my car to be serviced. It stinks, it's FREEZING in here (it's seriously warmer outside), and they're playing Fox News.....

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:10 PM
I'm All Ears

Today thoroughly sucked. SO BAD.

1. I was late to work because I woke up feeling beat and sick to my stomach. I am sure it is because I crapped out and ate a hamburger last night after working the agility trial all weekend. I convinced myself I deserved it and the trial work cancelled it out (I did lose 4 lbs in two days). So I got in late because I was sick.

2. Boss calls us all to a meeting and tells us one of our coworkers passed away this morning. He hadn't been on our floor for about a year and I didn't know him that well but it's very sad. He had a wife and two kids and has been battling cancer a while.

3. I got sick THREE TIMES at work.

4. Work just plain sucked today.

5. I stopped by the grocery store on the way home, which added an additional 30 min on the time the dogs would be left at home. I usually grocery shop on the weekend but I didn't with the trial. I justified it thinking the dogs had been out for 9 hours yesterday so 30 mins wouldn't matter...

I walked in the door and the first thing I noticed was the house smelled like ****. It was AWFUL. I got to the back room and it looks like a dog exploded in the playpen. I mean... 3 or 4 piles of barf. Bunch of pee. and probably 3 piles of poop. My entire house reeked. And Mia is covered in brown head to foot.

It must have started early because much of the puke was undigested kibble. I will spare you the entire details but I spent over an HOUR cleaning up the mess.

6. One of my fish is bloated up and floating on the bottom of the tank but not quite dead yet. I'm thinking about letting the rest of my fish die off (there's 3 now) and then just not restocking the tank. It sucks because I like my fish but it's a lot of work.

7. To top it off I bought two things of conditioner instead of one shampoo and one conditioner.

All I wanted was to come home, eat my soup, and then take a bubble bath. Now I'm airing out my house and on fish hospice watch trying not to think about how much today sucked.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Top Dog

There are four people at work who take turns cleaning after hours. Monday is my day. Mondays are the only day that no one else will cover. One won't because her boyfriend helps her clean and he doesn't like to clean on Mondays because she's off on Tuesdays. She won't clean by herself. At some point, I've covered every other cleaning day, yet I'm the only one who, even though I was sick today, no one will cover the cleaning. No one else has to come in to clean when they're ill.

Irritated.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:38 PM
orange iguanas.

The people from Friday who turned their cat over to the clinic because we wouldn't euthanize him? Yeah. They called today. "LOL nevermind I guess we'll take him back and try to retrain him." WTF. What if we would have euthanized him?! You don't just make decisions like that lightly and then decide, oh nevermind I suppose we can put in an ounce of effort.

I mean I guess it's good that he's back home, but something tells me these people are only going to give it a matter of days before they're fed up again.

Also: insert rant about snow in April.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 04-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
The people from Friday who turned their cat over to the clinic because we wouldn't euthanize him? Yeah. They called today. "LOL nevermind I guess we'll take him back and try to retrain him." WTF. What if we would have euthanized him?! You don't just make decisions like that lightly and then decide, oh nevermind I suppose we can put in an ounce of effort.

I mean I guess it's good that he's back home, but something tells me these people are only going to give it a matter of days before they're fed up again.

Also: insert rant about snow in April.
We have a clause in our contract when someone signs an animal over that they cannot, under any circumstances, get the animal back. If you're ready to give up on your animal, especially for a reason as stupid as that, they're better off elsewhere. Plus if we didn't have that I could guarantee you someone would try to sign an animal over, get it treated (for free), and then want it back. NOPE.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
We have a clause in our contract when someone signs an animal over that they cannot, under any circumstances, get the animal back. If you're ready to give up on your animal, especially for a reason as stupid as that, they're better off elsewhere. Plus if we didn't have that I could guarantee you someone would try to sign an animal over, get it treated (for free), and then want it back. NOPE.
I would totally hand them a hefty boarding bill, and the bill for diagnostics for any medical problems that might be causing the issue .

Though finding homes for kitties (especially problematic ones) can be a PITA.