Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Top Dog

People who swerve to intentionally hit animals while driving are disgusting. I hope they run off the road and hit a tree while trying. Don't even care how horrible a person that makes me.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Izze was like that with most people when she was younger lol like during her "teen" days, but once she matured it turned from "if you touch me I'm gonna bite you" to just general "**** you". LOL

I dont have any advice other I would type some kind of contract up & have it notorized stating that if he causes any problems, hes out ... no if's and's or but's.
Yes, because she has that right in her PARENT'S HOUSE where her BROTHER has just as much right to he there.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Top Dog

We were told last week in my birds class that our final paper is due on the day of the final, a week from tomorrow. Today, we get an email saying it's due TOMORROW. This is not cool! Ugh. So I'll be spending all day in the jungle watching one bird.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Yes, because she has that right in her PARENT'S HOUSE where her BROTHER has just as much right to he there.
Actually, that would depend on how her parents feel about the situation. It's her parents' house, her brother only has as much right to be there as the parents give him.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Actually, that would depend on how her parents feel about the situation. It's her parents' house, her brother only has as much right to be there as the parents give him.
And the parents have given him permission, or else he wouldn't be potentially moving back...

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
And the parents have given him permission, or else he wouldn't be potentially moving back...
Just because they gave them permission doesn't mean that they want him there necessarily, or that there are no conditions to him living there. The parents may feel he has just as much of a right to be there, or he may be on their last nerve and they are tolerating him being there, or they may consider him the prodigal son and be killing the fatted calf for him as we type. . You don't know the family situation any better than Dogdragoness does, she was just giving a simple suggestion.

~Christina--Mom to:
Jack--6 yr old Labrador

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
It was warm...and now it is cold again. I planted begonias from my grandfather-in-law's funeral (some folks gave live plants and I ended up with some of them) because it was warm and sunny all week and now I am afraid they are going to die in the cold snap. I covered them tonight and will try to keep doing so but I am afraid I am going to kill the flowers from the funeral and that is just...bad.
If they have any at garden centers right now you could look for Styrofoam rose plant covers for the begonias.

~Christina--Mom to:
Jack--6 yr old Labrador

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Just because they gave them permission doesn't mean that they want him there necessarily, or that there are no conditions to him living there. The parents may feel he has just as much of a right to be there, or he may be on their last nerve and they are tolerating him being there, or they may consider him the prodigal son and be killing the fatted calf for him as we type. . You don't know the family situation any better than Dogdragoness does, she was just giving a simple suggestion.
Except she was told last time she suggested it that that was not an option since it's her Parents house.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
This. My parents are more than happy to have myself and my younger brother living at home, and get upset when either of us talk about moving out. My older brother, though...none of us like having him here because he's a douche and doesn't contribute to the family. So he's not really welcome here.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Not really happy that I just kicked a dog hard in the face. Didn't know what else to do though.

I just took Joey out on some trails at a nearby park. Two dogs came bolting straight towards him with their owner chasing after them. I tried to block them from Joey, but the next thing I know they are on top of him and Joey is screaming bloody murder. The owner of the dogs managed to grab one off, but was struggling to get a hold of the other one and I reacted without having time to think. Kicked the dog hard in the face to get him to let go of Joey. It worked and startled the dog long enough for the owner to grab him.

Luckily Joey is ok. He has a few spots where the dog broke skin, but nothing major. He is mainly just a bit shook up.

The owner kept apologizing and wanted to know if Joey was ok, but ugh... This park does have a leash law. Joey was on leash. These dogs were not.

Earlier on out walk some kid had a long stick that he was pretending was a rifle and kept pretending to shoot us as we walked by. He then threw the stick at us and his mom did nothing. She just kept chatting on the phone.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle