Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-19-2013, 10:57 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Thanks so much for the hugs, nolu. <3<3<3

I know it's stupid and immature, but I still just keep thinking it's so ****ing unfair. Why did she have to die at only 6? I was supposed to have her for yet another 6 years and maybe longer. And why, why, why in such a horrible way? I can still hear her last cries of fear and pain and it haunts me.

Sorry. Bigger vent than I meant.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:57 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Will she sit still for a warm damp wash cloth? That might soften the crusties enough to make it hurt less.
She would except it happens in the middle of the night so she wakes up, can't open her eyes... Freaks out a little and then tries to open them with her fingers because she's freaked out.

If it was during the day I coild talk her down as i would be right there with her but she panicks a little when she wakes up that way and it takes me a moment to get to her

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-19-2013, 11:14 PM
orange iguanas.

I can't understand people that come in bawling about "needing" to euthanize their pet, but they don't want to try anything to fix the problem...

This guy had an appointment today to euthanize his 6 year old cat. He was not a client, his first time coming to us. We require an exam before euthanizing a pet we've never seen (unless it's an obvious decision, like a 15 year old lab that can't walk or something). We do NOT perform "convenience" euthanasias, ie, if your pet is not sick, we're not killing it. Apparently he was BAWLING when he was brought in the exam room, like totally seemed really upset about his cat. But the reason he wanted to euthanize his cat... is because he was pooping outside the litter box...

Sooo vet does an exam. Medically there is nothing wrong, this just appears to be a behavior problem. Vet asks owner if he's done options X, Y, or Z. Owner says no I don't want to do that. Vet tells him okaayyy.. well we're not euthanizing him... Owner comes back with "well I'm not taking him home."

So the cat was turned over to the clinic and now lives with us in the meantime.

My mind really just can't even comprehend why you jump to killing your pet instead of trying SOMETHING. grumble.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 04-19-2013, 11:17 PM
Resident fainting goat

It would be easier to not have boobs.
bras are annoying. and expensive.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:24 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

I hear yah. I loath Bras. If i don't have to wear one I won't. As soon as I come home. Bra comes off.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 04-19-2013, 11:29 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyMarie View Post
I hear yah. I loath Bras. If i don't have to wear one I won't. As soon as I come home. Bra comes off.
Well at least you kept it on in the hotel room.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 04-20-2013, 01:02 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Why oh why would I wake up at 6am on a weekend, yet when my alarm goes off at the same time during the week I remain zombified!!!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-20-2013, 01:05 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
It would be easier to not have boobs.
bras are annoying. and expensive.
Agreed. And boobs change as you get older. Well big boobs do... And I have a G cup so expect them to be by my toes when I'm 60.

I sometimes think about chopping them off! Medically, not myself lol
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-20-2013, 01:27 AM
Top Dog

Snow? Really? Wtf!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:28 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Agreed. And boobs change as you get older. Well big boobs do... And I have a G cup so expect them to be by my toes when I'm 60.

I sometimes think about chopping them off! Medically, not myself lol
I'm right here with you, but I'm in an I cup...do you know how hard it is to even FIND a place that carries I cup?