Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-30-2012, 10:03 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Work is tomorrow. And school. Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh. It's really starting to stress me out.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm All Ears

Oh and I swear today was 'walk your untrained dog day' today. With the exception of one really nice golden and one nice ACD (but it was with an out of control border collie), every dog I walked past on my walk was lunging at the end of the leash and barking at my guys.

The worst was a dog ran up to us off leash and started jumping around my dogs, who growled at it. I was really nervous because the dog was so big and my guys are so small. Oh and there was no owner in sight. It ran off and started following a girl jogging with two other big dogs on leashes a long ways away from me. I have no idea if it was her dog or just following her. Seems really weird to have two dogs leashed and jogging nicely and then one dog running wherever it pleased.

It's making me wonder if I shouldn't carry some sort of deterrent with me. I've NEVER come across an off leash dog at that park that wasn't working with their owner or right by the owner's side.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

The breeding I was hoping for did not take, so I have to wait 3-4 months for another breeding and hopefully will have a pup this summer.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 10-01-2012, 08:55 AM
<--------Orson

My house always looks like a tornado hit by Monday mornings!

I normally have my coffee and surf the net till 8 in the morning (which is in like 8 minutes!) then on Mondays it takes about 1-1 1/2 hours just to straighten up/put things back where they are supposed to be BEFORE I can even start actual cleaning & laundry!

Oh Mondays....*sigh*
Old 10-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Today was my first day getting up and going somewhere besides the radio station for the last half a decade... feels so weird. And I miss my co-workers. =<
Also overwhelming.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Today the promotions were announced at work and all my lovely coworkers who hoped to get it have been bitching about it and me getting it. I get it, I have only been here a year and a half and not twenty.. I am sure i dont know as much as some of my coworkers, but i get along with everyone.

Ugh, i don't know.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Felurian

((((((HUGS)))))) Jules. You know you made the right choice. They'd be just as torqued over you just being offered the position.

It's not necessarily who knows the most that matters, flexibility, work ethic, willingness to learn and change as work needs change, ability to work with your bosses . . . all those things come into play. So does attitude.

There are a lot of people who work for a paycheck . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-01-2012, 09:32 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Dameon still has fleas. :l
I put revolution on him and he still has them. What in the heck am I supposed to do now? They are creeping me the crap out (I am now paranoid I am covered with them) and they are making him itchy. Poor boy scratched so much he tore up his back and made his ear bleed really bad. Can I dose him again with revolution? I've sprayed my apartment, vacuumed everything, washed his bedding twice, gave him a bath in dawn (not doing that again - I swear I almost killed him from the stress of it)...I just don't know what to do and I'm freaking out about it. I cannot stand fleas. At all. Period. Even more so when they're making one of my animals miserable.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Dameon still has fleas. :l
I put revolution on him and he still has them. What in the heck am I supposed to do now? They are creeping me the crap out (I am now paranoid I am covered with them) and they are making him itchy. Poor boy scratched so much he tore up his back and made his ear bleed really bad. Can I dose him again with revolution? I've sprayed my apartment, vacuumed everything, washed his bedding twice, gave him a bath in dawn (not doing that again - I swear I almost killed him from the stress of it)...I just don't know what to do and I'm freaking out about it. I cannot stand fleas. At all. Period. Even more so when they're making one of my animals miserable.
NO. Don't dose him again. Honestly, you'll have to sit there and go through him with a flea comb, wash everything, etc. (I've never had a ferret with fleas, so take it with a grain of salt, it's just what I've heard. But redosing revolution is a no)

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Felurian

I know nothing about ferrets, so check before you try it, but you might consider dusting him and his environs with food grade diatomaceous earth.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian