Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4871  
Old 04-16-2013, 11:54 AM
DJEtzel's Avatar
DJEtzel DJEtzel is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 2,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
As someone who watches a lot of family guy..that is two different episodes sliced together/two every different parts.

The marathon had NOTHING to do with the bombings in the episode. peter drives his car through the marathon (hitting a bunch of runners but no explosions)

How could he be there, in his car, while also making the phone call in his supposed turban outfit?

The episode was OBVIOUSLY sliced and edited.

Basically Peter goes skydiving and has a neardeath experience.. decides to convert to islam. That's when he is making the supposed phone calls and you hear the two BOOM noises. Nothing to do with the marathon.

The whole episode for whoever would like to actually watch it instead of spewing whatever some ridiculous youtube conspiracy video tells them
http://www.watchfreeinhd.com/bNPrvq

I live here. There is still blood on the streets.
Enough.
I have said and aren't arguing that they are edited together..? But they are from the same episode nonetheless and I don't think it's a coincidence at all. I've seen the WHOLE episode. You aren't arguing the point I'm trying to make. And that's not what the video is trying to say or DOES say, either!

I don't think it matters that you live there, that doesn't mean you know who did it anymore than anyone else? I mean, first responders have been interviewed for all of our major attacks and report differently than what the news covers.
__________________

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Reply With Quote
  #4872  
Old 04-16-2013, 11:57 AM
JessLough JessLough is online now
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,095
Default

She's not saying that she knows more than you. She's just too kind to say that it is absolutely disgusting and pathetic to go around posting videos trying to fear monger while its still so fresh/going on.
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #4873  
Old 04-16-2013, 11:58 AM
sassafras's Avatar
sassafras sassafras is offline
such sights to show you
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
I'm going to take this moment to say that you are one of my fav people on this board. That is all.
That's not a vent!


But aw shucks, thanks. *kicks rock*
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4874  
Old 04-16-2013, 12:04 PM
DJEtzel's Avatar
DJEtzel DJEtzel is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 2,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
She's not saying that she knows more than you. She's just too kind to say that it is absolutely disgusting and pathetic to go around posting videos trying to fear monger while its still so fresh/going on.
Disgusting and pathetic to want to know who did it, and to be SAD and MAD that it happened this way? That makes no sense.

Do you KNOW what fear mongering is? Because you throw it around a lot.

Fear Mongering is the use of fear to influence the opinions and actions of others towards some specific end.

That's not what I'm doing at all. None of you are afraid. I'm not afraid. I'm not trying to reach any goal or change your minds. I stated that I was disgusted and sick to my stomach because I *think* our government did this.
__________________

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Reply With Quote
  #4875  
Old 04-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is online now
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
I mean, first responders have been interviewed for all of our major attacks and report differently than what the news covers.
Do you know a lot about how the human brain works? It's a very funny thing.
There is a website out there that asks people to record their memories of things. "Where were you when you heard JFK was shot?" "Where were you on 9/11?" Every year you are to go back and record your memories... and EVERY YEAR your memories are different. Even though people say "I remember EXACTLY where I was on 9/11," the experiment has shown that over time our memories change and no, no, we do not remember it "exactly."

Someone I know was just arrested for something and interrogated by the police for three hours. Do you know why she was interrogated for three hours? Because the police know that you are scared, intimidated, and will say things... and that over the course of just THREE hours your story will change and they will try to use that against you. Is it because you are lying? No. It's because that is how your brain works.

It is especially how your brain works when you are under duress.
A first responder to a horrific attack on civilians is under duress.

Also people's individual circumstances and past will colour their memories and perceptions. Two people can be standing right next to each other and witness the exact same thing, and yet their "experiences" will be unique.

The human brain is an amazing thing.
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
  #4876  
Old 04-16-2013, 12:10 PM
SevenSins's Avatar
SevenSins SevenSins is offline
APBTs & One Crazy Banana
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
I have said and aren't arguing that they are edited together..? But they are from the same episode nonetheless and I don't think it's a coincidence at all.
Fine. Even if it's not a coincidence and some sick asshole stole the "plot" from a cartoon, who the hell cares? How does it matter? How does it change anything? Other than giving you fear-mongering conspiracy theorists something to carry on about, it doesn't MATTER, because we can't shelter everyone from every television program, movie or book, or any other form of media that might give someone who is already that deeply disturbed a "plan."
Reply With Quote
  #4877  
Old 04-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Fran101's Avatar
Fran101 Fran101 is offline
Resident fainting goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
I have said and aren't arguing that they are edited together..? But they are from the same episode nonetheless and I don't think it's a coincidence at all. I've seen the WHOLE episode. You aren't arguing the point I'm trying to make. And that's not what the video is trying to say or DOES say, either!

I don't think it matters that you live there, that doesn't mean you know who did it anymore than anyone else? I mean, first responders have been interviewed for all of our major attacks and report differently than what the news covers.
The point is, nobody knows as of yet who is responsible. But the idea that some clue or mysterious coincidence is found in a family guys episode is ridiculous.

At it's worst, somebody copied what they think they saw on the episode. People mimic what they think they saw on movies and tv all the time, it does NOT mean that the episodes/movies themselves are some mysterious foreshadowing of what is to come. it's a COINCIDENCE.
and more importantly.. WHO CARES?! what does it solve, what does it prove?! nothing.

It's like when you get a car and all of a sudden, you see that kind of car everywhere, because you are LOOKING AND NOTICING what you didn't before.

If we dig around in the media from the last few months, we would find patterns of all kinds of things.

I saw an episode where someone got into a car accident and a week later, so did I.Does that mean the episode caused it or was foreshadowing to the event?
Of course not.

I was at the race, I was there. I'm not saying I know what happened or who did it (obviously) but I am saying, that this was a tragedy. And to start pointing fingers at family guy episodes and spinning conspiracies about islam or the government is not doing ANYONE ANY GOOD.
The downward spiral of people pointing fingers and finding blame is toxic.
It doesn't need any help.

I just wish people would let the police and bomb squads do their jobs and focus on helping eachother rather than pointing fingers and trying to find some conspiracy in it all.

and it is fear mongering. I was scared, I am scared, people are very scared. This happened on a street I walk down everyday, it happened 30 feet from where I was standing in a safe city during a public event.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4878  
Old 04-16-2013, 12:12 PM
JessLough JessLough is online now
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,095
Default

Yes, it is absolutely disgusting and pathetic to be posting videos and being absolutely apathetic towards people that are currently living this tragedy. I mean, look at how you treated Fran if you think you aren't. SHE's living this in her own town. On her own goddamn street.

Of course, the government made that Family Guy episode. Of course.


No, you're not afraid of the government at all.
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #4879  
Old 04-16-2013, 12:13 PM
DenoLo DenoLo is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
None of you are afraid. I'm not afraid.

That's nice, I for one AM afraid. My home has never in my life felt unsafe until yesterday. Give the conspiracies a rest while we piece our community back together.
Reply With Quote
  #4880  
Old 04-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Do you know a lot about how the human brain works? It's a very funny thing.
There is a website out there that asks people to record their memories of things. "Where were you when you heard JFK was shot?" "Where were you on 9/11?" Every year you are to go back and record your memories... and EVERY YEAR your memories are different. Even though people say "I remember EXACTLY where I was on 9/11," the experiment has shown that over time our memories change and no, no, we do not remember it "exactly."

Someone I know was just arrested for something and interrogated by the police for three hours. Do you know why she was interrogated for three hours? Because the police know that you are scared, intimidated, and will say things... and that over the course of just THREE hours your story will change and they will try to use that against you. Is it because you are lying? No. It's because that is how your brain works.

It is especially how your brain works when you are under duress.
A first responder to a horrific attack on civilians is under duress.

Also people's individual circumstances and past will colour their memories and perceptions. Two people can be standing right next to each other and witness the exact same thing, and yet their "experiences" will be unique.

The human brain is an amazing thing.
You should tell all your friends that the police have no right to badger & intimidate anyone just because they are "scared" I would tell them to excersise their fifth amendment & excersise their right to an attorney, it says that you HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT!!

As soon as you say "I'm not saying anything without a lawyer present, I wish not to answer anymore questions & I am invoking my right to be silent" they cannot ask you anymore questions til your attorney arrives.
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site