Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

Three weeks of missing classes now. Annoying.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 04-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Top Dog

Forgot how much Memphis pollen sucks. I have the worst allergies right now, and I feel gross after only a few hours outside. There's a green/yellow film on EVERYTHING right now.

Also had to go help bail some other BIL that I've never met (for good reason) out of jail because he's just as much of an inconsiderate douche as Jin, despite that they are only half brothers.

And original BIL (oldest of the three who I'm living with) is very much upset about all of this. A "WTF, why are my brothers like this, where did I go wrong" sort of way. And I just feel sorry for him. It's not his fault anymore than it is mine, or anyone else's. They are grown men. One is now getting divorced and the other better get it straight before he loses his son. One day, maybe, they'll get it.

Until then, the rest of us have to just stand by and watch them burn up their lives.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Well I have found in our own experience that when I took extra precaution, brought him in, & all the things one typically does with noise phobic dogs. The deck is nicely covered & is on the south side of the house, so the house itself shelters it from blowing rain ... You could sit out there in the middle of a storm & not get wet.

Buddy hates getting wet so I know he will not run out in the rain & run away. I also know that if he gets nervous he will hang by the door as not to miss being brought in. But that being said it rarely storms here so I don't have to deal with it that often.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Top Dog

How are people SO incompetent? Why can't I just count on my group members to actually do their work and do a decent job of it?
Old 04-10-2013, 09:26 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I wish I didn't think anything less than perfect just isn't good enough. 100 in a calc class is hard. Take the 98 and stop obsessing.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Wookie Collie

I had a really upsetting night. A long worknight of overpowering thoughts, then a devolving depressing argument with Matt. I was in anxiety overload and decided I really need to go up to bed and ride it out. Put the dogs out while I fed the cat, and Finn refused to come inside, hiding behind the shed. I went out to fetch him, and he cowered and ran from me.

Twenty minutes of gentle coaxing with toys and treats didn't work. I had to get Scott to help me corner him. I asked Scott to actually do the grabbing and taking him into the house. I couldn't do it to him after seeing him so scared of me.

He has never ever done that. He's seen me this upset before and has never done that.

I can't stop crying. My poor dog is being so strongly affected by my emotions that he's becoming afraid of me. I can't deal with this.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 04-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

I have now had the worst headache of my life for over 24 hours... I don't know what to do. 800 mg of ibuprofen is barely taking the edge off. It's muscular, it's stemming from between my shoulder blades and then all the way up my neck and through my whole head. Tried stretching, hot shower...helped a little bit but not much. I have suffered from this type of headache occasionally for years now but this is extreme and long lasting.

Luckily we have a Dr. in the family... if this doesn't quit by tomorrow I will have to get something for the pain.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:43 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
I had a really upsetting night. A long worknight of overpowering thoughts, then a devolving depressing argument with Matt. I was in anxiety overload and decided I really need to go up to bed and ride it out. Put the dogs out while I fed the cat, and Finn refused to come inside, hiding behind the shed. I went out to fetch him, and he cowered and ran from me.

Twenty minutes of gentle coaxing with toys and treats didn't work. I had to get Scott to help me corner him. I asked Scott to actually do the grabbing and taking him into the house. I couldn't do it to him after seeing him so scared of me.

He has never ever done that. He's seen me this upset before and has never done that.

I can't stop crying. My poor dog is being so strongly affected by my emotions that he's becoming afraid of me. I can't deal with this.
(((HUGS)))

I have had more progress in fixing my relationship issues with C in the last month and a half than we have had in the last 8 months. Part of me is relieved that he now a) cares about how I felt and b) understands the problems we had.

The rest of me is just like. . . really?

It took almost a year and me moving two thousand miles away to get him to take this seriously and make progress in fixing it? Why not when it would have made a difference? I am done with the relationship at this point.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:51 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I can't sleep, I feel like a toddler. I'm angry, exhausted, and want to run away.

I'm really not sure why, I hate my new schedule but I have worked these hours before, I should be able to handle it.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:53 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I can't sleep, I feel like a toddler. I'm angry, exhausted, and want to run away.

I'm really not sure why, I hate my new schedule but I have worked these hours before, I should be able to handle it.
Have you ever tried Melatonin? That stuff is awesome and I used to take it when I was in school and couldn't sleep.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi