Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Top Dog

My kiddo is being switched to the appropriate age group room. which is a good thing. However, change in routine means acting out toddler, so now he's a hair puller. Embarrassing. Thankfully his acting out stages usually don't last long...

I got home today and my back door was wide open. I think my husband didn't fully push it shut. I had to do a cat count and was missing one. Thankfully I found her in our shed. She's a bit skittish about being chased/grabbed, but after a chase around the shed, I opened the door and she ran inside. Cats
Old 04-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Sport Model Pug

A customer was wearing a shirt that said "Slavery, It gets $hit done".

It made me angry.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 04-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

There's a loose yorkie in our neighbourhood - a woman came up to my dad Saturday to ask him if he had seen it. It's her mom's dog. She said he's "real friendly" and would run up to anybody.
I saw him coming home from the running store. I hit the brakes, threw my emergency blinker on, jumped out, clapped my hands and called him. He didn't run up to me, he turned to run off. So I went to hop back in the car and follow him, and in the two seconds it took for me to get back in my car... he disappeared. I parked my car once I was off the main road, called and called, whistled, clapped my hands... he didn't show. I drove around the neighbourhood for ten minutes trying to spot him.

I'm so upset right now. I can't imagine that poor lady with her dog having been lost for a few days. And I SAW HIM and couldn't catch him. =<

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-08-2013, 07:19 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I got a taro bun (among other things) at one of the Asian bakeries and I have no desire to eat it, or the pretty little cakes. Bread is just so blah. They look so good and smell so good, but the thought of actually eating them is just meh.

I'll make tea instead.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
There's a loose yorkie in our neighbourhood - a woman came up to my dad Saturday to ask him if he had seen it. It's her mom's dog. She said he's "real friendly" and would run up to anybody.
I saw him coming home from the running store. I hit the brakes, threw my emergency blinker on, jumped out, clapped my hands and called him. He didn't run up to me, he turned to run off. So I went to hop back in the car and follow him, and in the two seconds it took for me to get back in my car... he disappeared. I parked my car once I was off the main road, called and called, whistled, clapped my hands... he didn't show. I drove around the neighbourhood for ten minutes trying to spot him.

I'm so upset right now. I can't imagine that poor lady with her dog having been lost for a few days. And I SAW HIM and couldn't catch him. =<
Tell her where you saw him so she can look in the area? He might actually come to her. That does really suck though
Old 04-08-2013, 08:23 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Now my mom has started feeling sick (fever, chills, feeling tired) she is almost 65 & I don't like it when she gets under the weather

Old 04-08-2013, 10:58 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Tell her where you saw him so she can look in the area? He might actually come to her. That does really suck though
I'm not sure which house she lives in, she told us which street but not her house number, or I would definitely have gone and let her know he's still in the area and hasn't left yet... no missing post on craigslist either so I can't e-mail her. He has his collar on still and I think I saw tags, so hopefully somebody will be able to catch him and take him back. =<

ETA: I'm going to post on craigslist that I saw him... maybe she is checking but didn't post... just on the off chance she might see it.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-08-2013, 11:58 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Now buddy is throwing up & seems to feel lousy ... I fed him half his ration tonight ... He ate it, I hope he keeps it down.

What's with all the sick lately?

Old 04-09-2013, 12:44 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Ohhh it's going to be painful!!

Do you have preference for male or female? And are you driving to pick him/her up? If you are that'll be memorable trip lol
We're in spot 2 for a female (there are 4). We're visiting them May 1st to actually pick one, and picking them up June 1st. Oh the waiting horrors.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Top Dog

Today is my 'go in at 1' day. I was called in early. We're short handed in general, but extra so this week as they made one person take her vacation because they don't like to roll it over (and she's notorious for trying to roll over her vacation days every year..they did it for a few years but she was told she couldn't this time). So, I was called in early. I already had plans for the early part of my day. It's getting so very annoying to consistently have to ability to do anything but work. I can't take any sort of dog class because I work a lot of weekends. I can't count on doing things on my day off as my days get switched whenever someone has a vacation. I can't make plans to do things at the times I'm not supposed to be at work yet because I get called in early or have to stay late. And, my kid is consistently the first to be dropped off at daycare and the last to be picked up. Unacceptable.