Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-07-2013, 10:59 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlottMom View Post
Liz brought a dead mole into my living room today. From the trench that she dug across our yard & has been staring obsessively into for days.

Dare I say she looked smug?
This should be in the good news thread!

Old 04-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Little dog, big voice

We're supposed to get freezing rain on Tuesday, and snow on Saturday. It's been ridiculously windy and rather cold this week, so it wouldn't surprise me. I've been looking forward to taking Cali and Moses on a hike once the snow completely melts, and if it snows again, I won't be happy.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Plus One

I have 12 hours to complete around 35 hours work. And I am wasting that time by doing anything BUT the Work I'm supposed to be doing.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Top Dog

I'm really angry with my boyfriend, and now he's having complications with his medication, which makes it hard to be mad at him.

So I feel petty.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:27 PM
The Littlest Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
This should be in the good news thread!
Lizard says she agrees. Or, she would say that if she wasn't back to obsessively staring into the hole.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 04-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Obey the Toad.

My father in law needs money from us because he quit his good job several months ago to trade options from home...sigh

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Active Pup

First I want to say I LOVE your avi SillySally!!

Now for my vent; We have lived in our place for 12 years, not a neighbor within seeing distance until last year when some land was sold right next door to us. My new "idiot neighbor" as we affectionately refer to him , decided to get some dogs.
We do not have a fence dividing our properties.
We tried in the beginning to get him to go in on a fence with us but he said he wasn't going to have animals so he didn't need one.
Well first thing he did was get some dogs and almost right off the bat his dogs killed one of our chickens [free range] on our property. We had the standard 'we can't allow this to happen again' conversation. He has done nothing to make his dogs stay home. Now every morning I have to be up and fully dressed by 6:30 a.m. so my dog and I can run outside and chase off his dogs. Hey, sometimes I at least like to have a cup of coffee before I have to start doing battle.
My dog would love to kill these dogs as she is very protective of her chickens and other animals on the place. I don't let her though because I just really don't want to kill the dogs, but my patience is wearing thin.
In addition he has decided to get chickens and guineas himself. He can't figure out what is killing his guineas, but he feeds the dead ones to his dogs and tells me he can't imagine his dogs killing my chickens...seriously, this guy is clueless!!!
His guineas spend more time in our yard than his. So while theoretically we don't own guineas, we do have guineas.
I have heard him outside when we have been screaming at his dogs to go home. They come up to the goat pasture and bark at the goats. Grrrrr!!
He either has no reaction or says: 'Come on boys" in the lamest tone I have ever heard.
So much for not getting any animals. I miss the peaceful days!!!!!!!!!!!

(New members welcome and always appreciated!!)
Old 04-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Recon is a grumpy old man because we've been at the dog park for 28 hours since Tuesday AND he's had two agility classes on Wednesday and Thursday... And I'm working another 7 hours today, 8 hours tomorrow, and 7 hours Tuesday... UGH. Recon is starting to get overwhelmed and snap at some of the young energetic dogs, but I can't leave him home because we have to have a dog here and I can't bring Sir. So my solution is to crate him here until he needs to be used so that he's not getting uncomfortable and can rest, but he doesn't actually WANT to be crated so he's barking every 4 or 5 minutes just once and then sitting, barking and sitting. He's like a cranky toddler that just WON'T. NAP. >.<
Be VERY careful about this if Recon is an eval dog for the daycare you work at. I have a client dog who was used as an eval dog for a daycare for a couple on months who became dog aggressive because of it. I HIGHLY recommend that eval dogs be given frequent and long breaks from being eval dogs in this setting.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Top Dog

Apparently between yesterday and the day before, Logan got sun burn on his neck in the area where his ruff is white. I noticed it this morning when I was blow drying him - he seemed kind of tender and then I saw it was all red. That's the ONLY place he's all red, so that tells me it's not the shampoo or anything like that. Poor Logfish And then the judge today grabbed him by the ruff, and Logan backed up a step because it's tender, and the judge didn't like that
Old 04-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Be VERY careful about this if Recon is an eval dog for the daycare you work at. I have a client dog who was used as an eval dog for a daycare for a couple on months who became dog aggressive because of it. I HIGHLY recommend that eval dogs be given frequent and long breaks from being eval dogs in this setting.
I totally agree and for that reason I don't typically work days in a row or bring recon every day. But my boss is on vacation so I had to bring recon AND cover hours. Normally I could swap for frag but he is with my ex right now. By the time I realized it, it was too late to make other arrangements but I'm going to be able to use my boss's dog Tuesday and we don't need to have dogs for Monday because we don't eval on Mondays. Thankfully. Also, we don't typically eval more than a dog a day so I've just been crating recon in his down time.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm